I'm going on the corrie tour

doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm going two weeks today on the corrie tour so shall be hopefully meeting Sherrie Hewson as she's there that day.

Are there any hints or tips for anyone who's been before? What to expect etc? What happens? Is there a gift shop?

Comments

• LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went on August 30th :) you have a guide taking you around showing the characters clothes, dressing rooms, green room, the tray where they collected their script etc. Then we walked round sets, you wouldn't believe how small Gail's house really is, then we saw Jack and Vera's house. We were taken into the knicker factory, where we were told they aren't really sewing lol it's fake :D next we went into the Rovers, where the guide took a picture of everyone in our own groups taking a picture behind the bar pulling a pint. You don't have to take the picture if you don't want, or you could just take it and not buy it later on in the gift shop.

After this we went to the Bistro, had a look round then the indoor tour was over, now you are free to go tour the outside set and now is the time you're allowed to take pictures, not inside. So we just had a look around and took pics outside the rovers, The Kabin, StreetCars, Roy's Rolls etc.... it was pissing it down so we didn't stay too long but you're free to stay as long as you like. Lastly we went into the hospital set bit which is where the gift shop is, it's okay, could do with more variety though and a bit overpriced, got a nice corrie mug though :) all in all it was good. It finishes in less than a month (4th October) they're knocking it down :/ so hurry up if you want too go!
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Pretty much what Leeah said :D The guides who take you round the actual studios are very knowledgeable and seem to be real fans of the show.

We went in July and the weather was glorious, spent ages wandering around the street. Loads of photo opportunities, Maxine's bench was very popular :)

It was creepy to stand in the exact spot where Tina was pushed off the scaffolding round at the builder's yard, I believe that was the last thing that was actually filmed there.

All in all, a great experience. They have a cafe too and plenty of loos :D

Have a lovely time!

ETA: you get a Corrie passcard & lanyard when you go in, which you get to keep - makes a smashing souvenir :)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so jealous. would love to do it
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's in the gift shop? So you don't get to take photos inside?
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *waves*

Awesome. I hope you have a great time. :)

I really want to go on it too.

Though I have been on it back in the 90s but it would be good to go back and see how its changed.
    Forum Member

The usual stuff in the gift shop, mugs, tea towels, pens, pencils, tins of sweets, fridge magnets, all the kind of things you'd expect.

They don't allow you to take photos inside the actual studios, where there are loads of sets, exhibits and dressing rooms. When you go in the Rovers, you can have your photo taken behind the bar as if you were pulling a pint and then you can buy the print at the gift shop if you want to. But when you go outside in the actual street, you can stay there as long as you like and take as many photos as you like. As well as the street, you can go in Gail's back garden and on the other side, you can go down the back ginnels and have a snout at all the back yards.

They even had Martha's barge built because they couldn't do the inside filming on a real barge, there wasn't enough room. The trouble they go to to make everything look authentic! :)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

a copy of deirdres belt? lol
    Forum Member
    *waves*

Awesome. I hope you have a great time. :)

I really want to go on it too.

Though I have been on it back in the 90s but it would be good to go back and see how its changed.

The tour guide was saying that even if people had been to the street when it was open before, it was worth going again because at that time, you couldn't go inside the actual studios.

In the green room, a lot of the actors had written messages on the walls to say hi to the visitors and hope they liked what had been home to them for so many years. Nice touch I thought.
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll have a fantastic time, that's for sure!

I have been twice already and am going for the third and final time at the end of this month.

It's very weird seeing the interior of Carla's apartment, Gail's house and The Rovers; as others have said they are very small in real life!

When I went I did try to have a look into the back room of The Rovers towards the kitchen but our tour guide was rushing us about!