Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 18)

Comments

• Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Those taking part in the match between Kincorth and Dee Athletic at the Inverdee pitches in Aberdeen got a shock as the game went to penalties, the Celtic team bus travelling to Peterhead stopped, everyone got out and watched the penalty shootout.

Just read that on twitter, that's brilliant. :D
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Pat Nevin is on tv tomorrow I think I might cry.

At least I know he doesn't appear in Die Hard 3
  • Options
    Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Those taking part in the match between Kincorth and Dee Athletic at the Inverdee pitches in Aberdeen got a shock as the game went to penalties, the Celtic team bus travelling to Peterhead stopped, everyone got out and watched the penalty shootout.

Superb !!!
  • Options
    ajaaja Posts: 1,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was it a youth game? ;)

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aja wrote: »
    Was it a youth game? ;)

:p
    Don't get the joke?

Slight correction, it was Dee Amateurs in the North of Scotland cup - was 5-5 AET and finished 10-9 to Kincorth on penalties.

So will Alistair do the quadruple tomorrow?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else on this thread at the league cup semi final when the penalties went through both teams and back to the first penalty takers again? Despite United losing it's one of the best games I've ever been at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    Anyone else on this thread at the league cup semi final when the penalties went through both teams and back to the first penalty takers again? Despite United losing it's one of the best games I've ever been at.
    That the one where Boruc scored the best penalty of the night?
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    agree, seems a terrible angle to be filming from also
    That's the usual camera gantry at Dens. It's no lower than the one at some SPL grounds, such East End Park and the Caledonian Stadium.
    BBC Sport Scotland can't afford HD Cameras while they employ so many ex-bears and Traynor and that's before Nevin appears.
    It was an HD OB unit.

The game wasn't shown in HD because neither BBC1 HD nor BBC HD are regionalised.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    That's the usual camera gantry at Dens. It's no lower than the one at some SPL grounds, such East End Park and the Caledonian Stadium.

It was an HD OB unit.

The game wasn't shown in HD because neither BBC1 HD nor BBC HD are regionalised.

Its ok . mate, Like most on this thread Green will do for us !!!:)
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »

Was there as well though we were going to be there all night
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Was there as well though we were going to be there all night

It was after 1am when we got back to Dundee that night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That the one where Boruc scored the best penalty of the night?

That's the one.
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Talbot had an equaliser controversially ruled out in stoppage time :(

From what I saw last night it looked onside as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    From what I saw last night it looked onside as well.

Hearts should've had another penalty as well.
  • Options
    macca@90macca@90 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on Sportscene last night being interviewed as a Dundee Utd fan :D
  • Options
    StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    macca@90 wrote: »
    I was on Sportscene last night being interviewed as a Dundee Utd fan :D

Missed sportscene last night, will record it tonight in case it shows any of the highlights (which I'm sure your interview would be) :D
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »

guess its just been a while since I have seen Dundee on the tv as doesnt usually look as bad on SFL Tv if they have highlights from Dens Park.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooper rested, Izzy and Kelvin Wilson start as expected

Celtic side: Zaluksa; Cha, K. Wilson, Mulgrew, Izaguirre; McCourt, Brown, Ki, Ledley; Stokes, Samaras
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long before Ian Crocker realises Fraser Forster is not in the Celtic goal?
  • Options
    UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long before Ian Crocker realises Fraser Forster is not in the Celtic goal?

Laughed when Davie Provan said that Forster was quick to get it ... must have turned into Superman to make it from the dugout in time :D

Only 13 goals to go for me to win the whole Cup prediction league :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigerian 20 year old attacking midfielder Rabiu Ibrahim is training with Celtic in the hope to win a deal, he left PSV at the end of last month after joining them from Sporting Lisbon.
  • Options
    ajaaja Posts: 1,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get the joke?

Of course you don't;)
  • Options
    SoulpuncherSoulpuncher Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get the joke?

Slight correction, it was Dee Amateurs in the North of Scotland cup - was 5-5 AET and finished 10-9 to Kincorth on penalties.

So will Alistair do the quadruple tomorrow?

You should have went, you might have got to see Celtic in the flesh.
  • Options
    SoulpuncherSoulpuncher Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good performance today, particularly Aluko who looks better with every game. Need a new striker in though. Kerkar has surprisingly good technique too.
  • Options
    Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Arbroath 0-4 Rangers
    Mark was surprisingly the only player to predict a 4-0 win for Rangers. With Mark predicting the correct score in a game featuring 4 or more goals Mark scores 7 points.

Everybody else scored 2 except Uriah who predicted a 1-1 draw.

Peterhead 0-3 Celtic

Pedrok was the only player to predict 3-0 to the Scottish Cup holders, he scores 5.

Everybody else bags 2 points, Uriah's 14-0 prediction thankfully didn't come in so the competition shall continue running, tbf his 14-0 prediction was the only chance he had of winning the competition ;)

New table:

Pedrok - 36
    Celt1987 - 30
    Hibs-kid - 25
    bhoy07 - 24
    Mark - 23
    Uriah - 20
    DUNDEEBOY - 20
    Caltonfan - 18

Pedrok doubles his lead to 6 points whilst Mark rises a couple of places courtesy of his 7 pointer at Gayfield.

Pedrok now has 4 correct results.

As far as I can see there are 3 replays:

Dunfermline v ICT
    Hamilton v St Mirren
    Kilmarnock v Dundee

We will be predicting the replays also with the same scoring system. All games will be 90 minute score only however anybody predicting a draw can choose to GAMBLE half of the points by choosing a winner after AET: Any gamble prediction that comes in points will double.

Eg: Dunfermline 1-1 ICT - Gamble Dunfermline

If it's 1-1 and Dunfermline win AET they would score 10 points. If it's 1-1 and ICT win AET then they score only 2.5 points. Was thinking double or quits to avoid .5 scores but think that's a tad unfair. Hope that makes sense. :)
This discussion has been closed.