Options

Is Samantha Brick Beautiful?

Comments

• Options
    zsazsazsazsazsazsazsazsa Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [I don't want anyone thinking it's somehow normal to be hating and/or jealous of attractive women when I and millions of women are stating that this is absolutely not the case

Some of my best friends have been really beautiful looking and they have had nice personalities but I was never jealous of their stunning looks, and they certainly didn't boast about their looks.

I think that when Brick was on This Morning she was the least attractive person there in the looks and in the personality department.
  • Options
    sunnypicklessunnypickles Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I have been watching this all week with interest and now feel I want to comment, Personally I think that Beauty is only part of the whole package. Those I deem beautiful have good personalities, happy in their own skin, have class and tack, are generous, love life and friends and they don't always have to be outstanding beauty. Think about your social groups. These are things that Angelina Jolie, Grace Kelly, etc have/had which makes them the most beautiful and we would all love to have friends. These are things that i try to live by and have a very successful life to date. If they show how they handle themselves then they are more likely to a good friend. I don't care for self deprecation either, you are who you are.

For me there is a fine line between self confidence and arrogance, she crossed that line by proclaiming her beauty and not listening to another persons views. Arrogance can make the most beautiful person ugly. The most popular girls in any social group all have some of the above list, because they show a degree compassion or empathy for others and not laud it over you. The back lash and the annoyance for me is that the arrogance that someone can declare their beauty and projects their own beliefs on to other people who don't want to be friends. Samantha says she has not been asked to be bridesmaid as she is too pretty. For me she projects a view she high maintenance and she will not be supportive. You are judged on your actions and not your looks. When you look at stories we grew up with showing that those who pride beauty over everything else can become ugly people and will fall on their own sword, those who show grace are the real winners. It is like the Katie Prices and other Z listers who think they are better than everyone else, come up with the same thing when anything is thrown at them, "they're Jealous!" But again they are projecting their arrogance and attitudes on people as they thing they have something better than everyone else which makes them ugly. I think Katie Price was a pretty young lady before all the treatments, and her attitude makes her uglier. When she was in the jungle she opened up a bit and revealed a vulnerable side which won fans but now her attitude has changed and see everyone as a cash cow which has lost her fans. Going on that who would you rather be friends with Katie Price or Angelina Jolie? It is not hard to choose and I know who I want to hand and have in my life. I am not a beautiful woman but I have slf confidence, i an listen to others, have the class and tack to deal with situations and yet I still get stopped and get chatted up. I have also been bridesmaid a few times because I can support the bride and help her out, not because I will not be more beautiful than the bride! People like me for me!

Samantha has said she has lived in the US where beauty is admired, that is apparent when i watch the real housewives..., and what actresses have done to themselves to keep younger. I have no problems with people who are happy to indulge in beauty treatments if their living depends on an image. But the thing that cannot change who you are inside. If you still have arrogance and selfish opinion of yourself then no amount of treatments will make you a better person. Look at Meryl Streep, Beyonce, Kylie, Jennifer Anniston, Helen Mirran, Victoria Beckham. Some of them have had treatments some not but all are beautiful to a degree, but I love watching these people in interviews and how they interact with others. They are natural, listen to people and take everything in their stride.It is all down to how they carry themselves in public that make them more likely that we all want to have them as friends. They are very successful people in their own right.

I don't appreciate being told what is beautiful and that i must conform to this opinion, everyone has their own taste hence that timeless saying beauty is the eye of the beholder. From watching and reading Samantha Brick her actions scream me, me, me! She did not handle herself well and if she listened to her critics and addressed them with tack and class, then she would have won over her critics. We are social animals after all and we are all looking for qualities in friends and family that we can identify with and share. I will always give people a chance to shine but when they become hard work and don't give anything back then I will make my mind up about how to proceed. The more selfish and arrogant the person the more likely they are to ousted or be alienated from a group as they don't bring anything constructive.

Sorry for the ramble
    SPX
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did not handle herself well and if she listened to her critics and addressed them with tact and class, then she would have won over her critics. X

She MIGHT have been able to recover something if she had been very humble and contrite on tv, but it had probably gone too far by then. It's actually an odd thing altogether because her article was so extraordinarily lacking in self awareness. Apparently. The possibilities are:

1. That she is a deluded nutjob who fails to grasp that being horrible is what turns people against her and not her very ordinary looks.

2. That The Daily Mail, clearly looking for the new Liz Jones as an object of popular ridicule, persuaded her to adopt this persona, and both she and they are chuckling at their unexpected success.

3. That the Daily Mail, clearly looking for the new Liz Jones as an object of popular ridicule, took a rather ordinary, silly article by an inexperienced free lancer, re-wrote it to make her sound 1000 times worse, then sat and chuckled at their unexpected success, throwing her to the wolves.

Feminist journalists have lined up behind 3. The general public have lined up behind 1. A minority of cynics have lined up behind 2. I can't really decide, but rather hope it is not 3 as Brick's other articles make her sound needy and insecure.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Teehee :o

I've seen worse and I've seen better, she s average. She needs to wake up to the fact she is average and as for women disliking her, it's probably her arrogance and her self imposed opinionated ego that puts men and women off

Silly woman

As for the backlash it isn't really it's telling her what people see, that's a not very nice personality and an average figure and looks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She MIGHT have been able to recover something if she had been very humble and contrite on tv, but it had probably gone too far by then. It's actually an odd thing altogether because her article was so extraordinarily lacking in self awareness. Apparently. The possibilities are:

1. That she is a deluded nutjob who fails to grasp that being horrible is what turns people against her and not her very ordinary looks.

2. That The Daily Mail, clearly looking for the new Liz Jones as an object of popular ridicule, persuaded her to adopt this persona, and both she and they are chuckling at their unexpected success.

3. That the Daily Mail, clearly looking for the new Liz Jones as an object of popular ridicule, took a rather ordinary, silly article by an inexperienced free lancer, re-wrote it to make her sound 1000 times worse, then sat and chuckled at their unexpected success, throwing her to the wolves.

Feminist journalists have lined up behind 3. The general public have lined up behind 1. A minority of cynics have lined up behind 2. I can't really decide, but rather hope it is not 3 as Brick's other articles make her sound needy and insecure.

I agree that she had no self awareness and that is the big thing for me, no empathy or compassion, i hope that was one of the things i was trying to get across. I won't go so far as calling her a nut job, but she has clearly been built up on a pedestal over the years that she is beautiful and that has given her an arrogance of I am right and your wrong. I was willing to overlook the article as a bit of controversy but there is no where to hide on TV! Self awareness is something I try to teach my nephew and niece, how does my actions impact on others, she does not care. It is another thing for the daily mail to print it given that they are quite happy to print articles when our movie stars, pop stars fall from their idea of perfection. I normally take everything in there with a pinch of salt but this took the biscuit.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been watching this all week with interest and now feel I want to comment, Personally I think that Beauty is only part of the whole package. Those I deem beautiful have good personalities, happy in their own skin, have class and tack, are generous, love life and friends and they don't always have to be outstanding beauty. Think about your social groups. These are things that Angelina Jolie, Grace Kelly, etc have/had which makes them the most beautiful and we would all love to have friends. These are things that i try to live by and have a very successful life to date. If they show how they handle themselves then they are more likely to a good friend. I don't care for self deprecation either, you are who you are.

For me there is a fine line between self confidence and arrogance, she crossed that line by proclaiming her beauty and not listening to another persons views. Arrogance can make the most beautiful person ugly. The most popular girls in any social group all have some of the above list, because they show a degree compassion or empathy for others and not laud it over you. The back lash and the annoyance for me is that the arrogance that someone can declare their beauty and projects their own beliefs on to other people who don't want to be friends. Samantha says she has not been asked to be bridesmaid as she is too pretty. For me she projects a view she high maintenance and she will not be supportive. You are judged on your actions and not your looks. When you look at stories we grew up with showing that those who pride beauty over everything else can become ugly people and will fall on their own sword, those who show grace are the real winners. It is like the Katie Prices and other Z listers who think they are better than everyone else, come up with the same thing when anything is thrown at them, "they're Jealous!" But again they are projecting their arrogance and attitudes on people as they thing they have something better than everyone else which makes them ugly. I think Katie Price was a pretty young lady before all the treatments, and her attitude makes her uglier. When she was in the jungle she opened up a bit and revealed a vulnerable side which won fans but now her attitude has changed and see everyone as a cash cow which has lost her fans. Going on that who would you rather be friends with Katie Price or Angelina Jolie? It is not hard to choose and I know who I want to hand and have in my life. I am not a beautiful woman but I have slf confidence, i an listen to others, have the class and tack to deal with situations and yet I still get stopped and get chatted up. I have also been bridesmaid a few times because I can support the bride and help her out, not because I will not be more beautiful than the bride! People like me for me!

Samantha has said she has lived in the US where beauty is admired, that is apparent when i watch the real housewives..., and what actresses have done to themselves to keep younger. I have no problems with people who are happy to indulge in beauty treatments if their living depends on an image. But the thing that cannot change who you are inside. If you still have arrogance and selfish opinion of yourself then no amount of treatments will make you a better person. Look at Meryl Streep, Beyonce, Kylie, Jennifer Anniston, Helen Mirran, Victoria Beckham. Some of them have had treatments some not but all are beautiful to a degree, but I love watching these people in interviews and how they interact with others. They are natural, listen to people and take everything in their stride.It is all down to how they carry themselves in public that make them more likely that we all want to have them as friends. They are very successful people in their own right.

I don't appreciate being told what is beautiful and that i must conform to this opinion, everyone has their own taste hence that timeless saying beauty is the eye of the beholder. From watching and reading Samantha Brick her actions scream me, me, me! She did not handle herself well and if she listened to her critics and addressed them with tack and class, then she would have won over her critics. We are social animals after all and we are all looking for qualities in friends and family that we can identify with and share. I will always give people a chance to shine but when they become hard work and don't give anything back then I will make my mind up about how to proceed. The more selfish and arrogant the person the more likely they are to ousted or be alienated from a group as they don't bring anything constructive.

Sorry for the ramble
    SPX

Excellent post and I wholeheartedly agree.

She's a decent looking woman who scrubs up well but no more so that millions of other women out there and most of them have plenty of friends who are not *jealous*.
    I've had my moments where men have stopped me in the street to ask me out, brought me drinks, paid for dinner etc but then so have many other women and yet we don't claim to be great beauties who are hated by other women because of it. I just find things like that funny tbh rather than making me think I'm some sort of stunner.
    From what I've seen, Ms Brick is another one of those normal women who can look lovely when she's scrubbed up and a bit of a fright when she's not, just like most of us.

I have a couple of friends who really are beautiful, stunning, stop people in their tracks gorgeous and yet they have no shortage of female friends because they are nice, down to earth women who don't think looking good is the be all and end all. It's about the whole package, not just one part. A stunning beauty with the personality of a plank is likely to be passed over for a plainer woman with a smile, a sense of fun who is great company.
    Plus who can tell others what is and isn't attractive. For every man who thinks Angelina Jolie is the most stunning creature on Gods earth, there is another one who thinks she's an odd looking little thing. You've only got to reac threads about over rated beauties to see how wildly personal taste varies. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder and it's Ms Bricks arrogance that she's right, we're all wrong and her beauty can not be questioned that make her seem a bit of a fool tbh. In our office, the girl who has most of the males salivating is not the 5' 10 willowy blonde, it's the 5 ft nothing, slightly overweight girl . Who can tell others what to find attractive and what not to but Ms Brick seems to think she knows best and it's that arrogance that seems to be why people don't want to be her friend.

Being confident in yourself is fantastic and should be positively encouraged but there is a line between confidence and arrogance that shouldn't be crossed and Ms Brick has gone so far over that line. I doubt she can even see it stil; in the distance.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When watching sambrick on tv, another thing that did strike me was that, aside from her looks, she isn't very charismatic either. Sometimes that can help make up for the looks but she still has neither.
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    Have to admit, I am dumbfounded about this. Until a few days ago, and the story in the Mail, I had never heard of this woman (which makes me think that she's achieved exactly what she set out to do, ie. raise her profile). Why exactly am I supposed to care about her or what she thinks? As for her looks, she is average and nothing special and I honestly wouldn't look twice at her if I passed her in the street (and I'm sure the feeling would be mutual), but that's just my opinion of her 'looks'.
  • Options
    veyda22veyda22 Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are many downsides to being really really ridiculously good looking.

like i bet she's not an ambi-turner for example.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for sunnypickles' post.

Says it all, really.

If she sees this thread, she really won't see the irony in those who replied that they were 'jealous bitches'!!!!
  • Options
    bigluke1970bigluke1970 Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brick gets laid.

Never mind about the above movie - I hope she gets laid off by the Daily Mail and does not write any more silly articles.
  • Options
    Lovely LadyLovely Lady Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Can't believe the Mail are STILL flogging this story, now with the husband chiming in.

Surely they have to let it drop now. There can't be anything left to milk from this cash cow, until the annoying bint appears on one reality show or another. I bet something has already been arranged and the Mail are counting the days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When watching sambrick on tv, another thing that did strike me was that, aside from her looks, she isn't very charismatic either. Sometimes that can help make up for the looks but she still has neither.

She lacks the grace and charm to deal with the situation in a way to show that she more than just about how I am beautiful woman, but rather relied on her "beauty" to outshine the criticism or using the "they are jealous of me that is why I am victim in all this" card. I was not sure how to take her article and refrained from commenting on it earlier in the week, You can write anything and edit it accordingly to give a different slant. But it was the television appearance that revealed her lacking in the above. Even when Ruth was trying to make points by taking over her, she did not have the manners to listen.

Her husband and some men find her a beauty, I am have no doubt about that, which is fine by me as it does not bother me personally. If she was trying to find sympathy for her misfortune of not having friends or having girlfriends talk about her due to one reason of her being too pretty then the sentiments of the articles were misplaced, it, in fact, turned on her and revealed the real reasons on why they basically mis-trust her as her actions and arrogance do not instil confidence in someone who is supposed to be your friend and she is too blind to see it. In the articles she speaks of friends who perpetuate this nonsense instead of telling her to get over herself. It is all a bit real housewives.... all she said, he said hearsay. If she was really that bothered about things in her friendship circles, she would ask her friends why she was not invited here, or passed over for bridesmaids from the horses mouth and show her friends that those decisions hurt her rather venting it in an article from her point of view. It all feels like being back in the school playground. Something I have grown out off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looked worn and haggard on This Morning! Honestly thought the article was satirical at first. Can't say too much though, her husband might shoot me.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she confessed she used to be a man yet?
  • Options
    Lovely LadyLovely Lady Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    I am now convinced the entire thing is some kind of eleborate joke. It just has to be!
  • Options
    buffyslaybuffyslay Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am now convinced the entire thing is some kind of eleborate joke. It just has to be!

either that or a huge publicity stunt, i bet the DM are rubbing their hands in glee!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some cheeky git on Friday night said i will look like her when I am older.:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    the reason women don't like her is because of her arrogance. you can't expect to be a bridesmaid if you're of the opinion that you're more beautiful than the bride. one of my friends got married, and she never would have not picked any of us as bridesmaids just because some of us are good looking (i'm not including myself in that). had one of us expressed the opinion that we'd look better than her, then i think she would have probably dropped us from the wedding. but everyone looked fantastic in their own way. there was no competition there

my best friend is absolutely stunning, yet she's so lovely that i would never not be her friend because of her looks. she's got huge brown eyes and legs that go on for miles, yet she says she's jealous of me because i'm "cute size" (i.e. short, haha) and i'm quite curvy whereas she's got quite an athetic figure. but neither of us go around bragging about our good points (or really bemoaning the bad points) because we're not like that. everyone has good points and bad points, be it looks wise or personality wise
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Is this still going?! :eek:
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, she's not beautiful and no one has to justify their answer by saying I have a friend who...

Just don't mention the teeth. :D The teeth. Oops. See what I did there.
  • Options
    Joanne yyJoanne yy Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is beautiful - if she thinks it, then she is :cool:
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joanne yy wrote: »
    She is beautiful - if she thinks it, then she is :cool:

That would mean everyone would agree with her.....and they don't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If an almost 6ft, blond haired, blue eyed man had said what she had said, and the wife had said, "my husband is indeed a sexy beast," I m sure the response would have been more "wahey, high five," and quite a lot of women like arrogant men too.