Options

Likeable Soap Villians

Comments

• Options
    NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Barlow is NOT likeable. She is a totally vile cold blooded murderer:mad::mad::mad:

Tracy is great. She's hilarious.

In the words of la goodyear 'LEAVE IT'
  • Options
    frankie_babyfrankie_baby Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warren fox in hollyoaks though the writers basically did an over the top character assassination towards the end
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xVictoriax wrote: »
    Tony Gordon (CS) It was a pity really that he had to go though given he had ordered Liam to be killed and tried to kill Jed Stone he really did have to, and that was before he went psycho and took Hayley and Carla hostage. Still whilst he clearly was a complete nutjob there was obviously a deep-rooted reason behind his issues.

Yes I sometimes find myself liking Tony Gordon as well though not as much as I liked John Stape. Tony's more fascinating than anything else.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Brendan Brady
    Clare Devine (her first stint)
    Trevor Royle (only really when he helped in the explosion)

I did like Tony Gordon - but thought Frank Foster was like a carbon copy of him, adding the fact he was a rapist also.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine definitely sprung to my mind at first. I think it might just be because she's been around for so long and we know her history, but no matter what she does, I still find myself unable to ever really dislike her, even when she's being horrible or manipulative (like now with Alice). Also, I think she is portrayed more as a "fun" villain more than a out and out baddie, which helps when they give her a more emotional storyline (like when Scarlett was premature, or when Pat died, or when she got close to her Nan only for her to die too)

Also, I find Sienna in Hollyoaks bizarrely somewhat likeable, even though pretty much everything she has done on the show has been twisted/evil.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Den Watts was a good bloke in the 80s, in the 2000s he was a little messed up but there was still something likeable about him.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,661
    Forum Member
    Den Watts was a good bloke in the 80s, in the 2000s he was a little messed up but there was still something likeable about him.
    I'm not sure he was ever a good bloke, but he was a likable bad boy for sure.
  • Options
    BoldilocksBoldilocks Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Tony Gordon all the way - I SO wanted him to get away with it and settle down with Maria!

I didn't find Frank Foster at all like Tony - Tony had a warmth about him and a real sense of humour. Y'know, despite being a killer and bonkers towards the end... :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Garry Monk from Pobol Y Cwm
    Heath Braxton from Home and Away

lol his not a villain the closest his probably been to a villain was when he first arrived but even then, I wouldn't.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    lol his not a villain the closest his probably been to a villain was when he first arrived but even then, I wouldn't.
    Granted he`s calmed down considerably since he married Bianca, but he`s still a likeable villain at heart. Even though he plays second fiddle to Brax, he`d come in with fists flailing if Brax or Casey needed some back up.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Granted he`s calmed down considerably since he married Bianca, but he`s still a likeable villain at heart. Even though he plays second fiddle to Brax, he`d come in with fists flailing if Brax or Casey needed some back up.
    :)

I agree and I actually think Heath is probably the most likeable Braxton.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Den Watts was reasonably likeable in stint one.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Sharon now regarded as a villain?
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought Jez Quigley (CS) was a great pantomime villain,as played by Lee Boardman.After having Steve McDonald beaten up for refusing to ferry drugs around town, he was hospitalised himself after Jim McDonald beat him up (so he did,tell me this and tell me n'more!) and then when he attempted to smother Steve Mc with a pillow, something ruptured inside,and he died.Shame,as he could have been a good 'returning' villain for years!
    And then he married Gina the gorgeous barmaid from the Rovers (in real life,not in the soap!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virginia Harrison sunset beach

Sheila carter - bold and beautiful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peyton Richards in Savannah
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,451
    Forum Member
    Chrissie Watts - think Den deserved all he got.

Janine Butcher - yes, I know she has an unfortunate habit of killing/trying to kill her husbands, but Ryan and Michael asked for it tbh, and although I feel a bit sorry for Alice as she came good in the end, she played Janine for months and was willing to kill her before she got wise to Michael... liked Michael's one liners too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan Brady

I did like Tony Gordon - but thought Frank Foster was like a carbon copy of him, adding the fact he was a rapist also.

Tony's nothing like Frank. Granted Tony wasn't as innocent as John Stape (but then John Stape was exceptional) but at least Tony felt some guilt and remorse and genuinely loved Maria. Frank was a cold hearted, evil monster with no love for anyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boldilocks wrote: »
    Tony Gordon all the way - I SO wanted him to get away with it and settle down with Maria!

I didn't find Frank Foster at all like Tony - Tony had a warmth about him and a real sense of humour. Y'know, despite being a killer and bonkers towards the end... :o

This.....

Though since he didn't kill people accidentally like Stape, I'm not sure that I wanted him to get away with it - after all he did attempt to kill both Jedd and Roy and even Carla.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,772
    Forum Member
    Cameron for me
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Is Sharon now regarded as a villain?

She hasnt done anything that really that bad. As misguided as her actions have been, they have been in defence of her son, not out of maliciousness

The most likable villain has to be Janine Evans/Malloy/Butcher:D
  • Options
    innovativebecinnovativebec Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    David Platt
    Lewis Archer
    Steve Owen
    Cain Dingle
    Carl King and Matthew King
    Alexis Colby
    Janine Butcher
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne Hamilton from Sons and Daughters was very likeable at times. But there were many times when he was so sinister. I did like him though.
  • Options
    NickVaughanNickVaughan Posts: 4,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Stape- He just seemed so out of his depth that you couldn't help but sympathise with him.

Scary Mary- During her more psychotic antics such as the 'Misery' SL with Norris, and her putting Roy and Hayley's wedding off the tracks so to speak, she still had a likeable sense of humour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brendan Brady

I did like Tony Gordon - but thought Frank Foster was like a carbon copy of him, adding the fact he was a rapist also.[/QUOTE]

yep Carla was with Tony but loved Liam who was married to Maria then Liam was killed off.
    Carla was with Frank but she loved Peter who was married to Leanne. I can kind of see the patterns.