Options

US Soap Operas?

hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was wondering if there was a way to watch/download us soaps to watch like 'Days of our Lives' , 'The Bold and the Beautiful' and 'The Young and the Restless'?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wondered why DOOL never managed to attract the same cult following that Sunset Beach had over here?
    Quite strange because they were very similar in their wonderfully ridiculous, wacky OTT styles and stories.
    Both were the ultimate in pure escapsism!
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »
    I always wondered why DOOL never managed to attract the same cult following that Sunset Beach had over here?
    Quite strange because they were very similar in their wonderfully ridiculous, wacky OTT styles and stories.

hahaha :) i love DOOL but i have no idea were to watch/download it any ideas?
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it was because with SB we started with ep1, so people didnt have so much history to learn. Shame as DOOL is fantastic atm it's my fave Soap
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hahaha :) i love DOOL but i have no idea were to watch/download it any ideas?

dailymotion i think or hulu for those in America haha
  • Options
    BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get my episodes of DAYS from these channels, that divide the episodes into clips:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/parkerwp100

http://www.youtube.com/user/SalemStalker28

I get my Y&R fix from here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungRestless
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »
    I think it was because with SB we started with ep1, so people didnt have so much history to learn. Shame as DOOL is fantastic atm it's my fave Soap

I was gutted when SB was axed :cry:
    When C5 replaced it with DOOL, i was a bit resentful towards the show for taking the place of my beloved Sunny B.
    However, once i'd got over the fact that SB was gone and not coming back (there were lots of calls for it to return) and gave DOOL a chance, i quickly fell in love with it in the same way i did with the wonderful SB.

While i enjoy British soaps for what they are, they don't compare to the kind of enjoyment and pure escapism of SB and DOOL.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch Hollyoaks, that entered the realm of the ridiculous soap variety like SB a couple of years back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've got to love Victor Newman! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExBpPsiGiGs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Watch Hollyoaks, that entered the realm of the ridiculous soap variety like SB a couple of years back.

Not quite, but it's getting there.
    This time next year it wouldn't surprise me to see characters start talking to themselves and half of them lost on a desert island in a story that goes on for year.
    I genuinely wouldn't mind if HO did go the whole way and turned into a British DOOL.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For Y&R all I can see are 3 minute clips
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    For Y&R all I can see are 3 minute clips

They are split up into clips. There are about 9 parts, per episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dese_5757 wrote: »

Wow, that's great! Full episodes, available in great quality. Now I'll be able to fully catch up on my Days and Y&R :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Beaconboof wrote: »
    Wow, that's great! Full episodes, available in great quality. Now I'll be able to fully catch up on my Days and Y&R :D

:)It is awesome isn't it. I am from Canada so that's how I keep up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the Y&R episode now, Victor is at the crash site having flashbacks to when Adam was a little boy. Teaching him how to play football. I'll be honest, it's making me shed a tear!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Watching the Y&R episode now, Victor is at the crash site having flashbacks to when Adam was a little boy. Teaching him how to play football. I'll be honest, it's making me shed a tear!

I only watch British soaps. Can't stand the American ones. I watched them years ago...but how many times can the same people be stranded on a deserted island or brought back from the dead.:):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some help would be greatly appreciated here.

I haven't seen DOOL since C5 axed it all those years ago.:(
    My viewing ended around the time when Marlena's bonkers sister was trying to take over her identity.
    It would take up far too much time for me to catch up on all the episodes since then, but does anyone know where i might be able to find a summary of what's happened over the years since then?

I loved all the characters, but my real favourites were evil Stefano and his nutty scientist assistant. John Black and the gorgeous Marlena. Belle and her mate Mimi, plus loads of others who's names escape me atm.

Imo, the cast was so fantastic at that time, it really didn't matter too much which characters were being focused because it always managed to entertain me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some help would be greatly appreciated here.

I haven't seen DOOL since C5 axed it all those years ago.:(
    My viewing ended around the time when Marlena's bonkers sister was trying to take over her identity.
    It would take up far too much time for me to catch up on all the episodes since then, but does anyone know where i might be able to find a summary of what's happened over the years since then?

I loved all the characters, but my real favourites were evil Stefano and his nutty scientist assistant. John Black and the gorgeous Marlena. Belle and her mate Mimi, plus loads of others who's names escape me atm.

Imo, the cast was so fantastic at that time, it really didn't matter too much which characters were being focused because it always managed to entertain me.

Oh god, how many hours do you have LOL

Did you hear about Marlena becoming a serial killer and murdering half the town, killed off in a police shoot out, only to then be revived, to discover that she was being brainwashed into these actions and everybody she had killed was in fact shipped to a desert island called Melaswen (New Salem backwards?)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrCgCKSPDkc

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious scene when John outs Marlena as the serial killer and she takes a header over the balcony, landing on Sami. I laughed til I wept!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-9km6boInw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Where can I found HO 2006-2008 episodes? Are they lost forever?
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    [...] but does anyone know where i might be able to find a summary of what's happened over the years since then?
    Days Daily Recaps Archive

This is the best place to go for recaps of every single episode since 1997! February 2001 is the month C5 stopped airing Days, right at Greta's coronation massacre. :o:D How could they stop it on such a cliffhanger?!
    ITA! It was the best cast. There were a couple of duds here and there, but the stories were so awesome back then, and really it's an era that is now more appreciated by long term fans, considering the eras to follow past 2002 would be total dreck.

The show is finally getting back to being decent again, after an almost 10 year slump, and they're doing it on a shoe-string budget now, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did you hear about Marlena becoming a serial killer and murdering half the town, killed off in a police shoot out, only to then be revived, to discover that she was being brainwashed into these actions and everybody she had killed was in fact shipped to a desert island called Melaswen (New Salem backwards?)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrCgCKSPDkc

:D:D:D

OMG!!! That story sounds bonkers even by DOOL's crazy standards:D
    Whatever those writers are on i want some of it!!!:D
  • Options
    NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really enjoying Days of Our Lives about 6 months ago, Kristen is a great bitch. sadly I think the channel on youtube was closed down by NBC.
  • Options
    NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for BOLD, its just not the same show anymore. Its so dull.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really enjoying Days of Our Lives about 6 months ago, Kristen is a great bitch. sadly I think the channel on youtube was closed down by NBC.

Eileen Davidson is returning as Kristen later this year. :) She is a brilliant actress. She once played five roles on the show simultaneously - Kristen, Kristen's hick lookalike Susan Banks and Susan's siblings, the triplets, Thomas, Penelope and Sister Mary Moira, a nun.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjaMenWxS-I