Which Soap Should have won the BSA's?

Comments

• LennieLennie Posts: 25,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks
    I think on the whole HO,,,, but EE is another one of mine which will always be
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Hasn't Hollyoaks just been singing EE's greatest hits this past year?

Leela/Peri = You ain't my muvva
    Maxine/Patrick = Trevor/Little Mo
    Sienna = Ronnie
    Browning's murder = Den's murder
    Who killed Fraser? = Who killed Archie?
    Roscoe bros/Lindsey gate= Mitchell bros/Sharongate
    Sinead's baby death was another baby swap.
    Ste euthanasia = Dot/Ethel

John Paul's rape has been completely sensationalised.
    I never noticed this but you're right :o
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale
    Gutted for the Emmerdale team, I think they should have got more recognition for Storm and Siege week :(
  • IceWarriorIceWarrior Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Coronation Street
    If it was a one vote per person rule, then Hollyoaks would have finished no higher than fourth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale

Sienna = Ronnie

Lots of soaps have had similar storylines.

There was a you ain't my muvva in Emmerdale with Carrie (Tom King's mistress) and Lexi.
    There's been plenty of domestic violence storylines in soaps. Generally in soaps the characters will be the same age, Hollyoaks is a little different cos Patrick is about 20 years older than Maxine, and I feel that his age is part of the reason he's able to control her so well.
    Sienna isn't Ronnie. There both driven by the need for a child yes, but Ronnie made a mistake in the heat of the moment that was difficult to put right. Sienna plans everything she does, that's why she was nominated for best villain. Ronnie was never nominated for best villain in 2011.
    Browning's murder was similar to Den's, however at least the aftermath has been different.
    Who killed Fraser... who killed Archie... who killed Tom King (ED)... who pushed Paul Robinson (Neighbours)... who killed Frank (CS)... who shot Phil - all baddies who had many people who wanted to kill them, common soap storyline
    Lindseygate - Emmerdale had Sugden brothers & Katie Sugden. And honestly it's not really 'Lindseygate' as it just seems like another love triangle, I don't think they're actually trying to make it anything like 'Sharongate'. It's nothing compared
    There was no baby swap with Sinead's storyline? The babies didn't die of the same cause even. It's completely different.
    Euthanasia is a fairly common storyline in soaps, Emmerdale did it in 2006 & 2011. Corrie did it just a few months ago except Roy didn't help Hayley to die
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale
    It should have been Emmerdale turn :(:(
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale
    Emmerdale with out a doubt, Gemma's death, Camerons siege and exit.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale
    80's Gal wrote: »
    Gutted for the Emmerdale team, I think they should have got more recognition for Storm and Siege week :(

we should have got more than one. Corrie won far, far too many imo.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale
    80's Gal wrote: »
    It should have been Emmerdale turn :(
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Emmerdale with out a doubt, Gemma's death, Camerons siege and exit.

Agree with all of the above. ED was exceptional last year IMO. Crying shame it's been over looked over yet again.

Well done Hollyoaks though, quite a feat it pulled off there for a soap, which if I've heard correctly, gets less viewers than Doctors? I thought that EE fans were the most devoted! :D
    we should have got more than one. Corrie won far, far too many imo.

Exactly, I'm pleased that they won some of the awards (could never begrude David Neilson anything after his performances!) but quite frankly I thought that Hayley's cancer storyline was mega depressing. Very well portrayed (and acted) but a bit grim for my tastes, I was bloody glad when it was all over!!!
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Exactly, I'm pleased that they won some of the awards (could never begrude David Neilson anything after his performances!) but quite frankly I thought that Hayley's cancer storyline was mega depressing. Very well portrayed (and acted) but a bit grim for my tastes, I was bloody glad when it was all over!!!

Got to echo this. I voted for David Neilson because he's just one of those actors who can break your heart without a word - he's way beyond the usual soap histrionics that passes for "Great Act-ing" - and he was amazing this year. But I didn't really like the Hayley storyline and didn't watch much of it.

Another vote for Emmerdale from me. Not just because of Cameron either. I've loved the Declan/Charity fire stuff, Cain and Moira are a great couple at the heart of the show, Ross and Finn Barton are fantastic additions, and Kerry has come into her hilarious own. I'm so disappointed they didn't get more recognition, but heck, I love them. :cool:
  • Flash81tFlash81t Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks
    I don't understand all these threads about who should have won what at the BSAs, at the end of the day HO has been on fire over the last year, compared to CS and EE, who have both been pretty poor, it makes sense that HO took home the top prize.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks
    Flash81t wrote: »
    I don't understand all these threads about who should have won what at the BSAs, at the end of the day HO has been on fire over the last year, compared to CS and EE, who have both been pretty poor, it makes sense that HO took home the top prize.

I agree.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    The one that got the most votes.If people can vote on a ds poll they can vote in the BSAs.
  • venus223venus223 Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Just let Hollyoaks enjoy their win. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with it, they won! Get over it geez
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    There have been lots of comments accusing the Holloaks fans of creating multiple accounts to submit votes, I thought a thread like this would help a little in showing whether that was truly the case. It's not that far behind Eastenders at present so perhaps it was just very close between the two soaps.

Posters are often accused of having multiple accounts and using them in polls :cool:

The point for me is however it occurred Hollyoaks won Best soap because it received the most votes. The baffling thing is why is everyone questioning that when it's pretty clear cut.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks
    venus223 wrote: »
    Just let Hollyoaks enjoy their win. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with it, they won! Get over it geez

I agree.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eastenders
    I would say EastEnders and Emmerdale if not EE
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Based on 2013, I think Emmerdale should have won it.

However, for me going by recent months either Hollyoaks or Eastenders would be worthy winners IMO.

Anyways, well done Hollyoaks! (you could say long time coming)

Hopefully, Emmerdale will have their day soon :)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Not Hollyoaks. Not this year.
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale
    Emmerdale deserved it this year. I'm really gutted for them :(
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale
    Not Corrie or EastEnders; EE is back on form now but wasn't for much of 2013. Corrie over the same period was even worse, excepting Hayley's cancer. Kate Oates seems to be getting a lot of hate at Emmerdale and James Barton was probably in people's minds as they voted, perhaps leading to the votes getting thrown at Hollyoaks because they didn't feel that any of the big three deserved it based on the full period and had to pick someone.

I wouldn't put Doctors in the same category. Had I voted, I think I'd have gone for Emmerdale.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks
    lotty27 wrote: »

Well done Hollyoaks though, quite a feat it pulled off there for a soap, which if I've heard correctly, gets less viewers than Doctors? I thought that EE fans were the most devoted! :D

:confused: Not at all. I don't where you got that idea from. How can a daytime soap that is on when most people are out working pull in more viewers than a prime time soap which is first shown on E4, then repeated on C4, lunchtime, weekend omnibus and available on iplayer. Hollyoaks receives 3million viewers when you take all these into consideration.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,197
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks

Sienna = Ronnie

Good lord this why i don't like SOME EE fans around here.
    A murder, who's the mother/father, euthanasia or baby swap story line don't come trademarked with the Eastenders logo.

Soaps are bound to overlap with their story lines. Someone has to do it second, then someone will do it third etc... After a few years it will come full circle and the first soap to do a particular story line will do it again.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,938
    Forum Member
    Eastenders
    dee123 wrote: »
    Good lord this why i don't like SOME EE fans around here.
    A murder, who's the mother/father, euthanasia or baby swap story line don't come trademarked with the Eastenders logo.

Soaps are bound to overlap with their story lines. Someone has to do it second, then someone will do it third etc... After a few years it will come full circle and the first soap to do a particular story line will do it again.

Tbf I have seen many posts from hollyoaks fans complaining that too many plots resemble easties.
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks
    If they didn't use each other's storylines, there would be none