Options

Is the old soap duopoly of EastEnders + Corrie winning the big awards over?

13»

Comments

• Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    There is not a 4 party political system. UKIP like the Greens in the 80s may gain some euro MPs but they will not gain any actual MPs this time next year. I don't think many people see any change to the two party uk politics.

Just as there is no end to the dominance of EE and CS as the two main soaps.

The fact many pollsters think the decreasing dominance and lessening ability to garner anything like 40% support by the 2 main parties means hung parliaments and coalitions may become the norm not the exception is hardly insignificant.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It needs to be put into prospective. Unless Hollyoaks start winning at other award shows only then can it be taken seriously. I think this win discredits the BSAs personally and does raise questions about mutli voting.

Hollyoaks never makes the short lists for the BAFTA or RTS awards. So the high brow award shows aren't taking it seriously.

Well really Broadchurch should have won best continuing drama at the BAFTA's because it is more academic than CS. Are the NTA's prestigious?

Soaps are the most watched programs int he UK so nothing wrong with a ceremony especially for soap. What about if I decide who wins next year based on entertainment value, then I could decide the BAFTA wins based on how academic a program is.
    Hollyoaks - UKIP (The underdog that surprises everyone)

IS BK Farage? :D Thinking of him on Question Time a few weeks ago and how well he and reduced or criticism of himself like it with a clever ease. Then towards the end all the other party political parties were shouting at him, he made them look like fools. So that is great if Hollyoaks are UKIP and Ferarge is BK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Creating fake email accounts and deleting caches and cookies off your web browser (very easy to do) so one can vote multiple times over isn't having a passionate fan base, its unofficial cheating in a way.

Done by fans of all soaps.No evidence its widespread or worse with Hollyoaks fans.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone with a BARB box has to log in each time they watch a show. So if four people are in the room. Four people are logged along with their age/sex etc

No one is saying multiple voting is exclusive to Hollyoaks, they are just saying this win has highlighted how rife it is.

Valid point I would say.

No that isn't. Especially now you explained that you have own a BARB box in order for your view to be counted. That's probably why you insist that HO receives 1m viewers when it is watched by 3million.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    How long is it till people will stop moaning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Antpants wrote: »
    How long is it till people will stop moaning

Hopefully soon!Less sour grapes would aid this process!A wins a win ultimately.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. This is a one off I bet, gotta let them win at least once yano..:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Leeah wrote: »
    No. This is a one off I bet, gotta let them win at least once yano..:D

I wouldnt be so sure.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it will be interesting to see if Hollyoaks or Emmerdale win best soap at the TV Choice awards and if Emmerdale wins best soap again at the Inside Soap awards.
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Let's hope so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let's hope so

Healthy competition :):p