Has Helen become a changed person?

13»

Comments

• SAFC_DerrySAFC_Derry Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Well thank you for giving it a go. :)

If anything, I am simplifying this, not over complicating it! We are, complex beings after all, are we not. There is way more that could be added so you chaps should be thankful you got the shortened version! :D

I should also add that I am a huge advocate in looking at the HMs, the show, reality tv and even a lot of tv stuff in general for what it is- pantomime. None of this affects me in the real world, and none of this is really likely to cause any adverse long term or even short term psychological affects in them once they leave the house, despite what many threads may imply.
    I do not invest in any of them to any real extent, I don't really care who wins or who loses and see it for exactly what it is- a reality tv gameshow. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I know how the media and indeed tv works so I can assure you I do not take it seriously, honest, and I fully understand how edits, production teams and progressive and calculated narratives/ storyline, heroes/ villains etc can both come about and play out. I am actually trying to look at the bigger picture here which already includes all of this kind of stuff.

What I do find interesting (in fact fascinating) however are those that do take it all rather seriously, and my god do some people take it seriously.

With respect, whilst I feel your panto comments are spot on, they would be better utilised imo, being pointed out to other posters in this and other Helen threads.I'd happily join in and agree with you on that.

This might of been my fault in not explaining it well enough. The comment wasn't pointed at you and I agree with a lot if not all of what you say but as you pointed out giving full detailed explanations can over complicate it to some:D This is the main reason I stay away from large comments as they tend to be rants rather than logical reasons although was pleasantly surprised with yours.:)
  • SAFC_DerrySAFC_Derry Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the editing .....................BB create the characters and we have to read between the lines and pick what we think is real and genuine with all of them.

I don't think Helen's portrayal has been particularly privileged though - I think it has probably been the most dramatic. They made her a villain (of course she was bad ) but it was really and truly ramped up and she was goaded by the producers (showing the vid of Ashleigh bitching was a prime example) - now the editing may well be a bit kinder in order to show a journey. I would just like to say though that her treatment on BOTS has been shameful - there has been no attempt at balance - the villain Helen has been well and truly demonised and pushed down our throats with no 'other side' whatsoever.

Now come on! It didn't take to much by any stretch of the imagination to make Helen the villain. She pretty much handed that title to them on a plate, the privileged part is more to do with the pass to the final which goes against the principles of "who goes you decide" but then again the amount of twists now do that also!
  • PollyusaPollyusa Posts: 7,062
    Forum Member
    no :cool:
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    SAFC_Derry wrote: »
    This might of been my fault in not explaining it well enough. The comment wasn't pointed at you and I agree with a lot if not all of what you say but as you pointed out giving full detailed explanations can over complicate it to some:D This is the main reason I stay away from large comments as they tend to be rants rather than logical reasons although was pleasantly surprised with yours.:)

Ha ha, I totally get what you're saying here and thanks btw.

I try. :blush::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I think the discussion she had in the diary room last night was very genuine. I think, as far as this series is concerned, she's definitely changed to some extent.

Even if she hasn't changed, she's admitted she's been in the wrong on several occasions.

She has been, by a mile, one of the most interesting housemates this series. I hated her for the first few weeks, and now I wouldn't mind seeing her winning. That, to me, implies she's changed.

To everyone who is saying she's never mentioned her child until now - NOBODY is in a position to say that. The child has never been brought up in the highlights show, that doesn't mean he/she hasn't been mentioned by Helen.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changed the only thing she has changed is her clothes. What was it she said last night about Danielle smelling of Pee.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. She's just been told off.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Changed the only thing she has changed is her clothes. What was it she said last night about Danielle smelling of Pee.

I think that was a joke wasn't it? Everyone seemed to laugh .....................do you think they still speak politely and formally to each other and watch their P&Q's? If you are gonna take Helen to task over a humourous remark it's quite clear you'll never see the teeniest bit of good in her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that was a joke wasn't it? Everyone seemed to laugh .....................do you think they still speak politely and formally to each other and watch their P&Q's? If you are gonna take Helen to task over a humourous remark it's quite clear you'll never see the teeniest bit of good in her.

That is because there is not the teeniest bit of good to see she is a nasty individual that has not one redeeming feature imo who gets off on being nasty to people and the main reason I and a lot of others on here are no longer watching the show.

There are people that appear to like her which I find astounding but everyone to their own I suppose.
  • snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tominxster wrote: »
    Never thought I would say this but I would like her to win.
    That makes two of us! :o I would love to see her win, with a hundred grand, she could start a fresh life with her son and hopefully find some peace in her life, I think she now has started to like herself, where as before she didn't. Whether she leaves first on final night or goes on to win, I wish her well, I don't think she is as black as she is being painted, but, of course, this is just my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That comment was said in fun, everyone was saying how much fun Ashleigh is having since she hasn't been sitting with Grandma Danielle, everyone was laughing and making comments, sadly, only the remark that Helen made is a hanging offence and is used as a stick to beat her with! It was a joke, Danielle would probably have laughed had she have been there, it was all said tongue in cheek, Helen wasn't being nasty, evil or malicious when she said it, flipping nora!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the discussion she had in the diary room last night was very genuine. I think, as far as this series is concerned, she's definitely changed to some extent.

Even if she hasn't changed, she's admitted she's been in the wrong on several occasions.

She has been, by a mile, one of the most interesting housemates this series. I hated her for the first few weeks, and now I wouldn't mind seeing her winning. That, to me, implies she's changed.

To everyone who is saying she's never mentioned her child until now - NOBODY is in a position to say that. The child has never been brought up in the highlights show, that doesn't mean he/she hasn't been mentioned by Helen.
    This is exactly what I said in another thread, we don't know how many times she has mentioned her son, she could mention him 50 times a day, we would only know what BB shows us, without livefeed we just get the scraps we are fed! Its really annoying!>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snickypoo wrote: »
    That comment was said in fun, everyone was saying how much fun Ashleigh is having since she hasn't been sitting with Grandma Danielle, everyone was laughing and making comments, sadly, only the remark that Helen made is a hanging offence and is used as a stick to beat her with! It was a joke, Danielle would probably have laughed had she have been there, it was all said tongue in cheek, Helen wasn't being nasty, evil or malicious when she said it, flipping nora!:D

As you want her to win of course you will think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread and she can do not wrong. I think she is a nasty pathetic individual with absolutely no class who imo has spoiled the series.
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one can fundamentally change that much in so little time and she'd be the least deserving of winners because she hasn't competed equally.

^^^^^This.......and the fact that the public have the power, and Helen may think the public could vote that she become a normal HM and can be nominated........that is the only reason that I can see for the complete turn around of Helen.......no journey.......just self-preservation.........she doesn't fool me.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you want her to win of course you will think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread and she can do not wrong. I think she is a nasty pathetic individual with absolutely no class who imo has spoiled the series.
    There's a mind reader on the digital spy forum now! :D Actually, I dont think Helen is the best thing since sliced bread, and I am well aware of her many faults and flaws, but I happen to believe that she also has just as many good qualities, and I like her yes, I do.:)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not buying it
  • LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After seeing her in the Diary Room last night, I think she is a changed girl, for the better, learning from her mistakes, still not my favourite HM, I want Chris or Ashleigh to win it.

If she is being genuine, then fairs fair, at least she mentioned her kid last night, first time all series, what do you think?

No, she's the same.
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    After seeing her in the Diary Room last night, I think she is a changed girl, for the better, learning from her mistakes, still not my favourite HM, I want Chris or Ashleigh to win it.

If she is being genuine, then fairs fair, at least she mentioned her kid last night, first time all series, what do you think?

No!

This "change" is absolute garbage and part of a "storyline". The people who make TV shows like BB like to think the public are absolute morons who will believe anything they are told. The Helen journey looks increasingly like a scripted story with each H/L show.

Helen hasn't changed. Who knows if she was even genuinely the harridan she was portraying in the first few weeks. The friends BBOTS spoke to the other night didn't seem to recognise that character as the one they know in real life, so it's all a bit suspect.

The "transformation" is either instigated by coaching and warnings from BB or all part of a series-spanning "metamorphis" storyline by BB.

Either way, it's all garbage and fake.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe some people falling for it. Helen, absolutely horrible and then gets a warning. Read between the lines.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member

If anybody actually thinks she's changed then Kimberly actually loves Steven

It was bad enough with Dexter's pathetic journey crap last year that everyone fell for but this is just taking the piss

Never mind the fact Helen was told if she acted up again then she'd get chucked out, never mind the amount of backlash she received for her behavior, never mind the fact she realised the viewers like Ashleigh

She hasn't changed, she's keeping her mouth shut for the cameras
    If anyone actually thinks she's been on a journey then I think you may have floated away from reality