Options

Tina & Tosh are a Waste of Screen Time

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm sorry but i don't like these two useless idiots. Axe them i say!!

Comments

• Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Tina though and Tosh is meant to be hated!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Tina, not so much Tosh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    I like Tina, not so much Tosh

Same, I like Tina. I think she and Babe work well as a team. She blends in well with the Carters and I've enjoyed her interaction with Mick and Dean.

Tosh, as I find myself saying a lot, needs to clear off for good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina could be ok by herself i suppose. She was annoying with the drugs thing though, should have just owned up from the start.

Tosh is just totally unlikeable and a bad actress.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Tina but Tosh should go...
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the writers fascination with them? Their storyline is boring. Tina is really annoying and Tosh is a miserable cow. It seems like Tina and Tosh are in every episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    I hope I did the spoiler thing right...first time using it....sorry if it doesn't work but this is my theory
    I think Tosh will be the arsonist...she'll start the fires and then help put them out, and probably be a hero (like Karl in Corrie) cause she's a nutbar. Then when she's caught a Tina and Sonya story will start.

whew it worked :)
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they would be more interesting if they actually did the Domestic Abuse storyline, it was building up to the continuation of it but it seemed to be only one thump and that's it... It's a shame because both of them have potential, as does the storyline
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QueenAmy wrote: »
    I think they would be more interesting if they actually did the Domestic Abuse storyline, it was building up to the continuation of it but it seemed to be only one thump and that's it...

I agree, there seems to be a lot of storylines at the moment that aren't going very quickly.

They need to get on with it with at least one of them.
  • Options
    DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Tina and Tosh though the Tosh character needs to be softened a bit.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pair of gormless pricks, the two of them.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Pair of gormless pricks, the two of them.

No that's Philth.

The tiny one in his pants and the huge one sprouting from his forehead! :cool:
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Carters are just too big. They are a good family but too big. Tosh, Tina, Dean and Babe are simply not needed.

Its Linda, Mick, Nancy, Johnny, Lee, Stan and Shirley that are the best of the bunch. Nancy in particular isn't getting any material because Tina and Dean are taking up so much airtime yet Nancy is by far the better character and could be one of EEs greats if treated right..

The Slater's were a huge family when they first came in but unlike the Carters all their airtime was shared out equally between all members. That's not happening here. You would think Tina is the family head from the way she has been pushed to the front. Its basically all about Tina.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Carters are just too big. They are a good family but too big. Tosh, Tina, Dean and Babe are simply not needed.

Its Linda, Mick, Nancy, Johnny, Lee, Stan and Shirley that are the best of the bunch. Nancy in particular isn't getting any material because Tina and Dean are taking up so much airtime yet Nancy is by far the better character and could be one of EEs greats if treated right..

The Slater's were a huge family when they first came in but unlike the Carters all their airtime was shared out equally between all members. That's not happening here. You would think Tina is the family head from the way she has been pushed to the front. Its basically all about Tina.

I don't agree that Dean and Babe are not needed. Dean is a character with history on the show and has real potential as a complex dark individual, something the show really needs right now. And Babe hasn't been in it enough for me to judge either way. But I do agree that Tina and Tosh are surplus to requirements.

I get the impression that Luisa Bradshaw White is a bit of a favourite of DTC but I can't really see why. I find her to be a weak actress and her character is yet another immature woman-child, something we already have, in much more interesting ways, in the likes of Linda and Roxy.

Tosh I do actually like a bit more, purely for the fact that she is usually quite decent in the scenes she has outside of her ones with Tina. But it's difficult to invest because she's obviously going to start beating Tina any day now and I get the impression we're not meant to like her, even though she usually comes across as fairly reasonable to me.

I think the main issue I have with Tina is she would have worked well as a C list character, there to contribute a bit of colour and gentle humour to the cast, but they insist on putting her right at the forefront of the Carters when there are other much better characters within the family. I think I'm just bored with her at this point.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I like Tina l, I don't think she should have been a Carter, I would have preferred her to be a cousin of Heather's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind them, they have softened Tosh a bit so she isnt completely unlikeable. I mean she's not great and it still seems pretty obvious that domestic abuse will come up again and Tina and Sonia probably will end up together but as far as it goes now I dont hate Tosh.

Having said all that they do drag the show down a little and I dont really care about their baby story as its clearly not going to happen, Tina doesnt actually want it and Tosh is just bullying her in to it.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I like Tina (sort of) but she does seem to be being pushed to the front, out of the all Carters she has had shed loads of material when there are better female characters in the family (Linda, Shirley, Nancy). She has been practically in every story line as well as having her own and with her family, so far - Carol's, Billy's, Alek's, and Jake's have all featured Tina. She is also the one who has had the most scenes with Babe when I want to see Babe interact with Shirley/Mick/Stan...
    I'm not 100% sure on Tosh yet.
  • Options
    writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the starting a family/drugs storyline hasn't served both characters well.

It hasn't been 6 months on screen together and there is still time for both characters to grow. Tina's depth will be reached if Zsa Zsa was reintroduced. Tosh's softer sides are emerging and introduction of a couple family members, namely her mother, would add more depth.

Would Ada Fox work as Tosh's mother? Thoughts please..

I'm not sure if there's a need for another domestic violence storyline yet, we already know is part of their past we don't need to see it, Zainabs one in 2011 was great, one of BK's best, and Corrie recently done one which own awards.

My solution: Bring back Zsa Zsa.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Zsa Zsa could come back but probs as one of EE's many surprise returnees where it is for a few episodes. Emer Kenny works for the show on a now and then basis, so it's not like EE are out of contact with her.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I think the starting a family/drugs storyline hasn't served both characters well.

It hasn't been 6 months on screen together and there is still time for both characters to grow. Tina's depth will be reached if Zsa Zsa was reintroduced. Tosh's softer sides are emerging and introduction of a couple family members, namely her mother, would add more depth.

Would Ada Fox work as Tosh's mother? Thoughts please..

I'm not sure if there's a need for another domestic violence storyline yet, we already know is part of their past we don't need to see it, Zainabs one in 2011 was great, one of BK's best, and Corrie recently done one which own awards.

My solution: Bring back Zsa Zsa.

No. I think that would be totally unrealistic, what would be the point?
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they get rid of them both. I don't rate the characters or the actresses.
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am warming to Tina, but still think there's too much of her lately. Tosh though I just can't take to. Like _elly001 said above, I don't think we're supposed to like her but I still think her and her wanting a baybee are superfluous to requirements though (Tosh, not _elly001).
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you OP, I loath them together and hate thier storyline, Tina would be better with Sonia.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hush yo mouths. Theyre the new Pat and Frank! :D
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One word:

Init