Only Fools And Horses - BBC1 to air uncut remastered repeats (discussion)

Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
Forum Member
✭✭
So just to get this straight, from the 4th July onwards, BBC 1 will air every series of only fools, and it's remastered (which means a better picture?) and it will all be uncut?

but what's BBC1's idea of uncut? - uncut to the point, where we see Rodney sniffing the kipper after the slop falls on him in 'miracle of Peckham' - where we see the Mardi Gras margate club scene in 'jolly boys outing'?

when BBC1 say uncut, I really hope it means UNCUT. lol

http://www.onlyfoolsandhorsescuts.net/

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already been shown on GOLD tonight at 7.50 before the BBC
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Already been shown on GOLD tonight at 7.50 before the BBC

Really? ah I didn't know that.

so any updates on whether these are genuinelly uncut episodes now then? as in quite literally - uncut?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    even more repeats, whoop di doo
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if GOLD's are uncut but they are remastered like the Fawlty Towers and Blackadder ones.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    even more repeats, whoop di doo

Repeats of stuff already shown to the point of saturation............:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally cannot see it being totally uncut - due to foreigner comments, anything in regards to skin colour, or a man being gay is simply not allowed on british comedy sitcoms.

I mean BBC haven't changed the rules on foreigner references have they?
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    I personally cannot see it being totally uncut - due to foreigner comments, anything in regards to skin colour, or a man being gay is simply not allowed on british comedy sitcoms.

Do the BBC have rules on 'foreigner references'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    Do the BBC have rules on 'foreigner references'?

Well I was under the impression they did, as in recent years - Del's responses about foreigners were edited.

a line is cut, in the episode 'the class of 62' when all the gents are back in the flat chatting, and Slater tells Del about gay men in prison, these 2 lines is cut:

Slater: 'you wouldn't believe what they'd sell for a kingsize book and a box of matches'

Del: 'yeah I've heard there's a lot of bandido's in there'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know people are moaning about complaints but i cant remember only fools and horses being repeated for a while and i cant remember them repeating the entire show from the first episode to the last.

if its being shown on a monday i guess itll have to be 8pm. Which seems quite a prominent place for a repeat

ild rather it be 6pm on a sunday. Sunday always seemed like only fools and horses day
  • TheDevil666TheDevil666 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see they are airing 2 episodes a day but not the Christmas specials. With regards to it being uncut, I just can't see that, especially in a Pre-Watershed slot because of all the racist and xenophobic remarks. I have no problems with it but you know what some people are like!
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should show it totally uncut- PC posturing has wrecked comedy for years. Same as the BBC should show one of its biggest comedies ever- Till Death Do Us Part- as the liberal fraternity never understood that the joke was always on Alf Garnett and both Garnett and Johnny Speight were both left wingers in real life.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will NOT be uncut..................there is no way in the world the BBC will include the word p*ki, as was used in some early episodes. I hope they are uncut in terms of scenes and music though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont know why they cant show the series uncut even with racially sensitive words

the show is a product of its time. People should see exactly what peoples attitudes were back then.

i obviously would squirm at terms such as "p*ki" and it would be wierd hearing a comedy hero such as del boy using it but they shouldnt white wash and re-write history.

they should leave it as it was and understand it as it was
  • krazyvulcankrazyvulcan Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    There is no reason why they should not be uncut but the BBC will always pander to the whingers who are too stupid to be able to view programmes in the context of when they were made , which is an adequate enough reason for the BBC to give to anyone sad enough to complain.

I doubt we'll get beyond the 4th series and they'll likely skip some on the way.

Someone with too much time on their hands might be able to combine the BBC broadcasts which should not suffer music edits with the dvd versions to make some complete ones
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the BBC were then to release these on DVD, I'd buy them.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know people are moaning about complaints but i cant remember only fools and horses being repeated for a while and i cant remember them repeating the entire show from the first episode to the last.

They did it back in 2000/2001 on Friday nights from what I can remember. It was the first time I'd seen most of Series 6 & 7.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    The repeats start next Monday 2:15pm BBC1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »

never seen Gimme Gimme Gimme? :p
  • krazyvulcankrazyvulcan Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    If the BBC were then to release these on DVD, I'd buy them.

The music rights issues that plague the commercial releases would suffer the same issues if re-released.

The current dvd's are not cut for PC reasons so while they do have edits for music they will feature bits and bobs and words that the daytime repeats will likely not show.
    never seen Gimme Gimme Gimme? :p

At 2.15pm?

I think what he means is that words that may now be thought of as offensive with regard to foreigners and gays were acceptable when the series was made so the BBC may cut these - I know that GOLD do their own PC cutting
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The music rights issues that plague the commercial releases would suffer the same issues if re-released.

The current dvd's are not cut for PC reasons so while they do have edits for music they will feature bits and bobs and words that the daytime repeats will likely not show.

Show the 'almost' uncut episodes in the daytime and then release the fully uncut versions on DVD. Somehow though, I doubt the usually frightened BBC will do this.

Edit: Surely these dodgy words couldn't have been that bad to stop a fully uncut release onto DVD?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2entertain have said that a re-release of the complete collection will be released in september to coincide with their 30th year but haven't said if they will be uncut, but i think it will probably be the cut versions
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Where has it been said that the BBC will repeat all the episodes?
  • Devil_NightsDevil_Nights Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    2entertain have said that a re-release of the complete collection will be released in september to coincide with their 30th year but haven't said if they will be uncut, but i think it will probably be the cut versions

I hope they do re-release them properly this time,even if it means paying a bit more for the boxset,i'm sure people are willing to pay it to see them as they should be,i certainly am.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's not a nice thing to say, but I'm wondering if now John Sullivan's dead we'll get the uncut Royal Flush on DVD, not the butchered laugh track version we have now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    They should be shown as made & with a warning shown that anybody of the left leaning position with absolutley no sense of humour neednt tune in & that bland & sterile comedies that are not funny area available to watch elsewhere.

Keep pandering to the easily offended has made the BBC what it is today a laugh free zone thats become banal & sterile. Keep painting a picture that this country is the promised land of milk & honey is just a nonsense. Get the Steptoes, Garnetts etc shown in full , at a primetime & sod those who just hear words & dont understand what real life in Britain is actualy about , if they are offended then there is that wonderful thing called the remote control. Its telling that nobody much clammers for repeats of Ben Elton, Alexi Sayle or French & Saunders etc.

:)