Will anyone miss Jason ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
Will Louie be nasty enough as a replacement ?

Comments

• essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmmmmm im glad Jasons gone if im honest.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    Will Louie be nasty enough as a replacement ?

I don't know if I want him to be nasty! I'll probably miss Jason - I often agreed with a lot of his criticisms, but I'm still looking forward to seeing the new look judging panel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't - I couldn't stand him.

He was a poor mans Craig without the charm.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »

This x 100
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, he was my favourite judge. :(
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad that Jason's gone. The show was far too much about him and what type of rude and personal comments he would make next.

When you compare him to Craig Revel Horwood in Strictly, he is harsh, but he never makes it personal nor about himself. Bruce Forsyth is right each week when he says "the stars of the show" are the celebrities, and not the judges.

Hopefully, now that Jason has gone, DOI can be more about the celebrities.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Jason.

But he was a poor mans Craig.
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I'll miss him. Like him or not, it needed someone to be brutally honest when people were rubbish and being voted to stay in purely on popularity. I can't see anyone else on that panel saying it like it is.

Oh and Louie Spence,,,,,good grief (I was thinking worse than that but I won't swear. Hateful man and for the life of me I can't understand why TV shows pay him to be onscreen. Thank god for SKY+ and the fast forward button. Awful awful limelight hogger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    I was happy for Jason to go....but to replace with that awful Louie Spence. Seriously?! I agree with the previous poster that I will be using the fastforward button more than ever this year!
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Jason and will miss him, but I won't miss people over-reacting to his every comment, or booing him before he's drawn breath. If people gave him a chance, they'd hear that his advice on how to improve for next week was 9/10 better than anyone else on the panel.

That said, I never could stand Craig when I did watch SCD, not that I've watched in a while, but when I did, I thought he was much more insincere and rude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    No. So glad he's gone!!!! I'd rather have someone who doesn't know what they're talking about than him, and that says something!
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am glad he is gone, i wont need to bother watching now!!! as for the "stars" of the show being the "celebs"!!!! dont make me laugh!!! :rolleyes:
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't miss him and I'm sure this years contestants will breathe a sigh of relief that they don't have to stand there and listen to nasty comments about them. I don't care much for Louis Spence, but from what I have seen of him he doesn't come across as being nasty, maybe a bit bitchy but not in the same league as the panto villian that was JG.
    If he can keep his bum firmly fixed to his chair and not wiggle it about than I will give him a chance! :rolleyes:
  • BabsefcBabsefc Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I liked Jason and will miss him, but I won't miss people over-reacting to his every comment, or booing him before he's drawn breath. If people gave him a chance, they'd hear that his advice on how to improve for next week was 9/10 better than anyone else on the panel.

That said, I never could stand Craig when I did watch SCD, not that I've watched in a while, but when I did, I thought he was much more insincere and rude.

I'm with you Sparkle, but we'll just have to see if Louis shapes up.

I'm betting there'll be loads of threads saying 'bring back Jason'
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all. I'm glad Jason's gone. I don't like Louis very much but I doubt his comments will be as vitriolic as Jason's were.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never liked him
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »

Great description, absolutely nailed it. To get away with brutal honest you need charm and a degree of sincerity. Jason had neither and I have never forgiven him the terrible comment he made to Sharron Davies. Unspeakable.
  • HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'll miss him. But having seen the line up, and with Bleakley and the terrible Louis Spence added to the panel, I'm not sure I'm going to watch.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesi it will seem weird without him:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss him, but looking forward to the new judges. :)
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of new judges, can someone tell me who Katarina Witt.is:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katarina is a double Olympic Ladies Figure Skating champion.
    I think she will be the best female judge ever to be on the DOI panel. What a good choice.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »

So what advice for improvement should Sharron Davies have taken from his 'faecal matter' comment.

Pity you haven't watched SCD recently, Although still harsh with his marking, Craig seems to have mastered the art of criticism without the outrageous insults. Furthermore he is able to laugh at himself and according to both pros and contestants of SCD, off screen he is both funny and charming. Sadly such self knowledge was beyond Jason - thus, I venture, he will be missed by only a few.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Yes, he was my favourite judge. :(
    I would rather have Jason than meally mouthed Karen on the programme (what a waste of space and time)

but I suppose if you are 'freindly' with the boss you get what you want
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Lets face it, the only judges the contestants wanted to impress was Jason and Robin a bit like contestants on SCD ony wanting to impress Craig