Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know i'm always like that woth presentations but if you can keep their attention you know you have done a good job so well done :) And oog the rumor mill is turning :p
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I know i'm always like that woth presentations but if you can keep their attention you know you have done a good job so well done :) And oog the rumor mill is turning :p

I managed to keep their attention and that was important at 10am :D I'm just going to get my presentation feedback by email so I don't have to go and see him about it. That way nobody will suspect anything :p One of my friends reckons he's about 49 years old, so there's no way in hell I'd be doing anything I shouldn't :o *dusts off her suitcase*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See your as good as caffiene a short sharp burst to get them started for the day so you must have been good :) Good idea keep your distance a little as 49 and not looking like Daniel Craig means suitcase at the ready indeed :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey. How is everyone today?

CNBC, well done on the presentation. It sounded like you were comfortable and in control which is great. Presentations used to put the fear into me which is weird as I've performed in front of crowds of over 1,000 with few nerves. Just don't ask me to speak lol.

The Civil Wars were spectacular last night. The dynamic they have is just magic and they're so captivating. The support act, The Lumineers, were great too. They really got the crowd going. Listening to Barton Hollow at the moment.

I've been getting messages from friends and family in NY and it all seems so eerie. One of my friends said Lower Manhattan was like a scene from I Am Legend with all the lights out.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you had a lovely time Waldstein

:)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Waldstein wrote: »
    Hey. How is everyone today?

CNBC, well done on the presentation. It sounded like you were comfortable and in control which is great. Presentations used to put the fear into me which is weird as I've performed in front of crowds of over 1,000 with few nerves. Just don't ask me to speak lol.

The Civil Wars were spectacular last night. The dynamic they have is just magic and they're so captivating. The support act, The Lumineers, were great too. They really got the crowd going. Listening to Barton Hollow at the moment.

I've been getting messages from friends and family in NY and it all seems so eerie. One of my friends said Lower Manhattan was like a scene from I Am Legend with all the lights out.

I was just listening to Barton Hollow too! :) They're amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks LM. It was exactly the kind of evening I needed. BTW, how did your new music mission go last week? Anything grab you?

Lol, snap Mimi. I really love that album. Have you downloaded the free live album from their website?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks LM. It was exactly the kind of evening I needed. BTW, how did your new music mission go last week? Anything grab you?

Lol, snap Mimi. I really love that album. Have you downloaded the free live album from their website?

I wasn't aware that there was one. I'll look for it now! :)

Lovely interview with the duo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. I bought a few albums thanks. I am really loving Nicola Robert's album. An underrated Gem. Shame it flopped. Also loving Kylie's Abbey road sessions album

I am still on the lookout for more albums. Downloaded a few of Barbra Streisand's and Matt Cardle's although Matt Cardle's was a let down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just downloaded the live album but I can't get it to open in iTunes. :( I tried clicking & dragging the songs but nothing is happening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoy, Mimi. If I'm not mistaken it was one of their first shows. It was in a really great venue called Eddie's Attic in Georgia which has seen a lot of artists play when they were up and coming.

LM, I keep meaning to check that Nicola Roberts album out as I've only heard good things about it. I never got into Cardle although he does have a good voice. Did you listen to Vampire Weekend? I love their albums especially the first one. The music is very quirky, indie pop with a bit of Paul Simon influence thrown in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I've just downloaded the live album but I can't get it to open in iTunes. :( I tried clicking & dragging the songs but nothing is happening.

Oh... I had no problem. Is the folder compressed or anything? Like a zip or .exe file?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was nervous at first but once I was up there it was no problem at all. I got my Macbook Air set up a few minutes beforehand and made sure everything was ready.
    See your as good as caffiene a short sharp burst to get them started for the day so you must have been good :) Good idea keep your distance a little as 49 and not looking like Daniel Craig means suitcase at the ready indeed :p

According to my lecturer I was :D I think so. He's 49 and a Steve Jobs lookalike. He's skinny, has a similar beard and glasses and wears black nearly all the time. Think I should have the suitcase ready...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoy, Mimi. If I'm not mistaken it was one of their first shows. It was in a really great venue called Eddie's Attic in Georgia which has seen a lot of artists play when they were up and coming.

LM, I keep meaning to check that Nicola Roberts album out as I've only heard good things about it. I never got into Cardle although he does have a good voice. Did you listen to Vampire Weekend? I love their albums especially the first one. The music is very quirky, indie pop with a bit of Paul Simon influence thrown in.

I have heard a few of their tracks but they are not my sort of thing although anything surprises me:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's everyone up to at the moment? Anything interesting?

EDIT: Just got an email from my IT Law lecturer. He gives all the students a grade for their presentation(s). Mine was 79% :D He also said I could go to his office if I wanted feedback. I don't think that's a good idea :p People will talk...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Wald glad you had a great time i like the overall sound and partnership of the civil wars but i don't think i could sit through a whole album although the two of them together make beautiful music :) And i hope your family in the states aren't getting on to badly haven't checked the news of late so have no clue as to what is going on :(

And haha CNBC are you sure they are not already talking :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And haha CNBC are you sure they are not already talking :p

Well you don't know do you :p Here's the email he sent me with my grade:
    Your provisional grade for the presentation earlier is 79%. Well done. If you want feedback, please call during my office hours (but note that those will be 2 to 2.30 next week).
    Unbelievable, huh? :D I don't think I'm going to his office though. I'll see if I can get said feedback by email. It would be safer!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well just distance yourself for a while if you feel the meetings etc are becoming prolific he could just be friendly just depnds on how comfortable you are with it :) After all people will talk :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well just distance yourself for a while if you feel the meetings etc are becoming prolific he could just be friendly just depnds on how comfortable you are with it :) After all people will talk :p

What do you mean by prolific? :confused: Well that's possible too. I am a postgrad after all :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh an Wald i pref VW's debut to Contra its a shame with them though i find Contra to be very much in the same vein with little progression do you like Friendly Fires they are in a similar vein of sorts indie pop with a twist :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just like in an out all the time but anyway you said you just talk I.T etc so it doesn't seem you should be packing your suitcase :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just like in an out all the time but anyway you said you just talk I.T etc so it doesn't seem you should be packing your suitcase :p

Now I know! Yeah any conversation has been about IT Law apart from a few minutes showing him my graduation photos last Friday :D I have the offer to go to his office for presentation feedback though. Is it worth taking that up? I'm just thinking of that song Wrong Impression by Natalie Imbruglia :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What are you up to? I'm just watching Only Fools and Horses on GOLD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ Listening and singing along to music.
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have one of the best songs of the year (imo) for free!

http://www.7digital.com/artist/grimes/release/visions-1?h=02
This discussion has been closed.