dddddarrendddddarren Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad i could help deary x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Hi847 wrote: »
    I can start whatever thread I like within the rules, as I have the right to an opinion and this is an open forum. Since when did the showbiz forum require "constructive" discussion? Practically all the threads on here lack it as such.

People have started threads such as "celebrities you HATE HATE HATE!" - I don't see anyone complaining about those.

Yes but you don't see one poster starting a 'hate' thread virtually every day.. apart from you that is
  • Options
    pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but you don't see one poster starting a 'hate' thread virtually every day.. apart from you that is

I don't think that is against the T&Cs is it?

Ignore it and don't read the thread if you don't like the title.

I never read the Emmerdale threads as I have no interest in Emmerdale. And that works for me :)
  • Options
    Hi847Hi847 Posts: 2,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi847 wrote: »
    How many times has she been on Paul O'Grady now? 5? 10? I'm so sick of this waste of space who has nothing better to do than constantly tour the circle of cheap daytime TV talk shows. I love the way they say "actress" Angela Griffin - literally the only thing she has been in is Cutting It (and how many years ago did that finish?) and a TV ad for subtitles.
    Oh and I come across Daily Cooks today - yep, you guessed it, she's on there too!

No prizes for guessing she will be regurgitated on the Paul O'Grady show within the next few weeks!

Can't watch much that she is in....I find her incredibly annoying for some reason....her voice, her facial expressions, her lack of talent!>:(
  • Options
    bahbahbahbah Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never seen this thread before but I'll add to it. do get put off by programmes featuring her as I've NEVER seen her act a different character (always very feisty Northen lass) I'd say like her TV persona too so maybe not even acting at all. I'd like to see her break her typecast, try to act as different regional accent, not be hard cow ( and before anyone complains I'm not saying be a submissive woman) just actually push herself and ACT!
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I've liked her on a few things, but really didn't warm to her on Lewis. I don't think she (or the character she played) really added anything to the series.
  • Options
    Pixie24Pixie24 Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Can't watch much that she is in....I find her incredibly annoying for some reason....her voice, her facial expressions, her lack of talent!>:(

You dug up an 8 year old thread to say that? :confused:
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member
    It wasn't till I got to page two of this thread that I realised that it is 8.1/2 years old.

Give the poor girl a break, she is a hard working actress, and not a waste of oxygen like the ghastly Kardashians and their ilk. :confused:
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's had a very admirable career coming from soap and she's pretty likeable on screen. I find her a bit luvvie and pleased with herself in interviews but that's not the worst thing in the world.

I enjoyed her playing a total cow in Hustle.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How has someone got away with resurrecting an 8 year old thread without being banned for two days?
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's had a very admirable career coming from soap and she's pretty likeable on screen.I find her a bit luvvie and pleased with herself in interviews but that's not the worst thing in the world.

I enjoyed her playing a total cow in Hustle.

Agree with BIB but I don't mind watching her, I think she's the voice on the British Gas adverts which are on Commercial radio all the time.
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be doing something wrong, or right, depending on your point of view, but I haven't seen her at all since she was in Lewis.
  • Options
    cate o connorcate o connor Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    She was most recently in Brief Encounters. In fact, she seems to have had a steady supply of work for quite some years.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How has someone got away with resurrecting an 8 year old thread without being banned for two days?
    well u can't fault him for economy... all your Angela Griffin diatribe consolidated into one, easy to manage thread
    :kitty:
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well u can't fault him for economy... all your Angela Griffin diatribe consolidated into one, easy to manage thread
    :kitty:

When I resurrected one about Chris Evans I got a two day ban!

Is it because Chris Evans is ginger, and I am too? :D
  • Options
    joshua321joshua321 Posts: 2,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people hate resurrecting threads so much? Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. Why would someone get banned for this?

If Digital Spy had a proper search function it might not happen so much, but as it is people rely on Google and the results don't always display in date order.
  • Options
    nemesisisnemesisis Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    well I like her and she is in BBC "Ordinary Lies" this week so - as other posters have said - she is obviously a hard working actress with a good portfolio of acting parts in various well known Dramas.
    so don't understand OP's negative opinion...cripes there are far more "reality twits" that some of us are "sick" of seeing and desperately getting media attention for *** all.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like her as an actress and a person, unusual for me cause I'm a miserable bugger who generally dislikes most people. :)
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie24 wrote: »
    You dug up an 8 year old thread to say that? :confused:

Actually, no.
    I find her very annoying and wondering if anyone else felt the same, I entered the terms in Google. This thread came up early in the search results. I clicked on the link, it brought me here and I added to it.
    I did not notice it was an 8 year old thread either when I posted my comment.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela Griffin is a good, compelling, actress and is often an indicator of whether a series is going to be any good and well cast.
    She is also one of those actresses that got out of Coronation Street before she had been type cast. That is why she is successful.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Angela Griffin is a good, compelling, actress and is often an indicator of whether a series is going to be any good and well cast.
    She is also one of those actresses that got out of Coronation Street before she had been type cast. That is why she is successful.

I generally enjoy any drama she's in but of late she's becoming a bit smug, banging on about her weekend home in the Cotswolds and stating that even if her husband strays she'll never split up her family unit. I hope that is never put to the test.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I generally enjoy any drama she's in but of late she's becoming a bit smug, banging on about her weekend home in the Cotswolds and stating that even if her husband strays she'll never split up her family unit. I hope that is never put to the test.

I don't pay attention to her outside of her work..
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is often the case. They're banging on about how harmonious family life is, then the next thing they're announcing a split.

Angela certainly seems to get the work, so she must be doing something right as more often than not ex-soap actors struggle subsequently.