It's clear what is Happening with CBB

Damon_PlemburyDamon_Plembury Posts: 3,566
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's clear to me what is happening with BB right now.

They still have to pay for the extension and so people at the top have told the producers to cut corners wherever they can.

By casting HM they know will be antagonists and cause fights, they know they don't have to spend much on tasks etc.

Even the new comic book logo has been designed around features of the house from the summer

The pop art effect is visible in the wall fixtures around the kitchen.

A lick of paint and they can use it again. Saving more money on not having to decorate the house

Lazy, unimaginative and cheap television

Comments

• Damon_PlemburyDamon_Plembury Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just me thinking this then
  • StrangeStrange Posts: 14,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just me thinking this then

The forums dead at the moment, you'd have been better doing this thread in a few weeks
  • al_capoal_capo Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do people expect? The budget obviously isn't as big as it used to be, and the "reality nobodies" have bigger followings than the "proper celebs". I've never really gotten that argument before either, yes its good to see a mix of personalities, but if they put an A Lister in the house, and they were boring as and offered nothing, then what would be the point?

BB changed massively when it moved to channel 5, its now a TV show which pushes them to the limit. Thats why they filled it full of normal people last series, alongside controversial Bear. The task for the housemates was essentially to live with Bear, he even had half the house ready to rage quit over him.

Personally, Id rather see drama and arguments than people telling eachother how much they love them (basically all that happened on Im a celeb this year). Im looking forward to seeing the gobshites clash with eachother.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    al_capo wrote: »
    What do people expect? The budget obviously isn't as big as it used to be, and the "reality nobodies" have bigger followings than the "proper celebs". I've never really gotten that argument before either, yes its good to see a mix of personalities, but if they put an A Lister in the house, and they were boring as and offered nothing, then what would be the point?

BB changed massively when it moved to channel 5, its now a TV show which pushes them to the limit. Thats why they filled it full of normal people last series, alongside controversial Bear. The task for the housemates was essentially to live with Bear, he even had half the house ready to rage quit over him.

Personally, Id rather see drama and arguments than people telling eachother how much they love them (basically all that happened on Im a celeb this year). Im looking forward to seeing the gobshites clash with eachother.

The budget excuse is actually far from true.

The show is in a better position right now than it has been on C5. Viacom has helped a lot and the latest regular series was a huge 16-34 demo success and the summer series albeit poorly received, was the cheapest CBB in terms of fee. In fact CBB15 alone spent more money on Price and Hopkins than all the cast of CBB18.

They have a LOT OF cash. Probably the most cash since its c4 peak.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    The January house always used to be the summer house with a lick of paint.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't agree. It was lovely to see this year's I'm A Celeb have one of the most harmonious camps. There were some arguments and moments that I wasn't comfortable about, (Larry and Martin, for example), but it had a very nice, uplifting feel. And it was deemed a successful series and the ratings on the final were up compared to last year, which was full of nastiness.

It was proof that you don't need to have a reality TV series in today's world that's full of nastiness and bitching in order for it to be a successful series. I just wish that BB would take note.
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    It's clear to me what is happening with BB right now.

They still have to pay for the extension and so people at the top have told the producers to cut corners wherever they can.

By casting HM they know will be antagonists and cause fights, they know they don't have to spend much on tasks etc.

Even the new comic book logo has been designed around features of the house from the summer

The pop art effect is visible in the wall fixtures around the kitchen.

A lick of paint and they can use it again. Saving more money on not having to decorate the house

Lazy, unimaginative and cheap television

Big Brother/Celebrity Big Brother in the C5 era in a nutshell.

Who exactly wants to watch a 3-4 week argument?

How on earth will the editors decide who to snub and who to give a personality transplant to? :confused:
  • bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    I don't agree. It was lovely to see this year's I'm A Celeb have one of the most harmonious camps. There were some arguments and moments that I wasn't comfortable about, (Larry and Martin, for example), but it had a very nice, uplifting feel. And it was deemed a successful series and the ratings on the final were up compared to last year, which was full of nastiness.

It was proof that you don't need to have a reality TV series in today's world that's full of nastiness and bitching in order for it to be a successful series. I just wish that BB would take note.

Yeah I enjoyed I'm a Celeb this year harmonious and a highly entertaining series what a breath of fresh air. Just shows you don't need the vile and nastiness that CBB has become. :)
  • ZarlaZarla Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member

Me too. On IAC it didn't matter too much that there wasn't much conflict as the focus is on the tasks, but the tasks on BB aren't nearly engaging enough to sustain interest. I liked the Bear baiting.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »

bluegroper wrote: »
    Yeah I enjoyed I'm a Celeb this year harmonious and a highly entertaining series what a breath of fresh air. Just shows you don't need the vile and nastiness that CBB has become. :)
    I agree with you both.

I don't want to watch people effing & blinding constantly, nor do I want to see them sticking their tongues down each others throats, or peeing the bed (& being proud of it). Neither do I want to watch constant conflict, mostly engineered by producers interference. Or HM's who have no respect for themselves, let alone anyone else.......& get rewarded for their awful behaviour.

That to me is not entertainment!
  • abbieuniqueabbieunique Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekly 1-2 hour live feed has been axed again..
    So even more manipulation to come, I always hope its a so so series when no live feed, as you can't ever properly get to know anyone.
    Just 40 mins of rushed highlights.
  • TetherTether Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is because the show is pretty much over, you can't expect a channel to invest in a show that can't pull in even one quarter audience figures of the other reality shows like I'm a Celebrity, Strictly or even the declining X Factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tether wrote: »
    It is because the show is pretty much over, you can't expect a channel to invest in a show that can't pull in even one quarter audience figures of the other reality shows like I'm a Celebrity, Strictly or even the declining X Factor.

Tbh that's got nothing to do with it.

You do know C5 has the budget of like 20% of other channels? So in return they expect around 20% of the main channels audience? So 1m is seen as a pretty normal figure for Channel 5. The January series averaged 2.8m. The two January's before averaged 3.1m. It is in a very good position.

But they should just do a normal series of CBB especially as it's January which is the peak of BB ratings.

To expect C5 to get ratings as big as BBC1 is ludicrous. There's more chance of this country being invaded by flying aliens in the next 20 seconds.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB has hardly ever performed poorly across its entire run (both Ch4 and Ch5). If people take the viewing figures at face value it DOES look bad, but you've gotta check the audience share to get the real picture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB has hardly ever performed poorly across its entire run (both Ch4 and Ch5). If people take the viewing figures at face value it DOES look bad, but you've gotta check the audience share to get the real picture.

The only time it has performed below average was during BB16. Every other series it has performed above average from what the rest of the channel was getting at the time.

Also if you ignore the full ratings, and look at the 16-34 demo which is very important to advertisers, it is still huge, much bigger than 75% of the shows out there.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    I agree with you both.

I don't want to watch people effing & blinding constantly, nor do I want to see them sticking their tongues down each others throats, or peeing the bed (& being proud of it). Neither do I want to watch constant conflict, mostly engineered by producers interference. Or HM's who have no respect for themselves, let alone anyone else.......& get rewarded for their awful behaviour.

That to me is not entertainment!

I agree. The rumoured line up of this latest CBB makes the show sound like if will resemble Weatherspoons at chucking out time. All manipulated conflict so the attention seekers can fight for screen time vying to be the most controversial.
    I can't think of anything more boring to watch