Options

OMG! I finally just managed to see the episode "Blink"!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    The 3 episode run that ended with Blink (the two parter Family of Bloody preceding) saved the entire series 3 for me, which was pretty crap all round, especially the risible Master episodes which were embarassing.

Moffat is a fantastic writer who knows what the show is about. You get the impression he was a real fan as a kid, unlke RTD who just doesn't know how to write plausible sci-fi.

I tend to agree with Brooker that Blink was one of the best pieces of popular drama the BBC has done for eons. It didn't insult your intelligence like nearly every RTD episode does.

I agree with you. Blink was fantastic television, and the Family of Blood two parter was just wonderful drama too.

It was great to have a 3 episode long run of those episodes.
    It's a pity that they can't do that for a 13 episode long run.
    3 episodes out of 13 isn't great going, but at least it's 3 great episodes.

It's so frustrating because it shows what true potential there is there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    The 3 episode run that ended with Blink (the two parter Family of Bloody preceding) saved the entire series 3 for me
    Likewise, but I'm not sure that's a good thing from my POV. It makes the other 9 or 10 all the more heartbreaking. Perhaps it would be easier to write off the series, than keep hanging on for the occasional sparkle of genius - but gems like those three were totally unmissable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    The other episodes weren't that bad (apart from the Master ones (Utopia managed to be extremely good at building tension) and the Dalek ones) - I really loved The Shakespeare Code, Smith and Jones ("I've even got a little straw!") , Gridlock and 42 (although some of Michelle Collin's acting was dire) - Season 3 wasn't a complete write-off, but Blink, Family of Blood etc. really raised the standard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I find that Blink actually loses something on repeat viewings. It's still a great episode and everything, but it's a bit like watching a magic trick when the magician has already told you how it's done... also a part from Sally Sparrow (who although likeable isn't really that believable tbh- I mean she hardly seems phased at all that her best friend had 'died' ) I think the standard acting was a big step down from Human Nature/Family of Blood.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought series 3 was the strongest by far. Weakest Dalek episodes by a long way, mind you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trollface wrote: »
    I thought series 3 was the strongest by far. Weakest Dalek episodes by a long way, mind you.

Totally agree there. It craps all over series 2 from a great height anyway. Not that is a great achievement - series 2 was in the main complete bilge, GitFace excepted of course). Even LotTL and the rubbishness of Tinkerbell!Doctor was a 100% better than the melodramatic, overly sentimental rubbish that was Doomsday.
  • Options
    The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocko Homo wrote: »
    Personally I find that Blink actually loses something on repeat viewings. It's still a great episode and everything, but it's a bit like watching a magic trick when the magician has already told you how it's done... also a part from Sally Sparrow (who although likeable isn't really that believable tbh- I mean she hardly seems phased at all that her best friend had 'died' ) I think the standard acting was a big step down from Human Nature/Family of Blood.

Probably a "must see twice" episode, a bit like The Sixth Sense movie.
  • Options
    Red-EyeRed-Eye Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I agree with some of you that Series 3 for me was the best Series so far.

Hell, I even loved every single Episode in Series 3 (yes, even the Dalek 2 Parter:o)! Not one of the Episodes let me down:).

(Looks around.)

OK, at the risk of becoming very, VERY unpopular:o...

As much as I loved "Blink" and thought it was the most scariest "Doctor Who" Episode I have ever seen, I personally thought it was overrated and I really don't think Sally Sparrow was as wonderful as everyone makes her out to be.

(:eek:Red-Eye runs out of the Thread like a Bolt Of Lightning:o)

Edit:

P.S. This Post is just my opnion and only my opnion so please don't kill me for my views about "Blink" and Sally Sparrow:o.

(:eek:Red-Eye runs out of the Thread like a Bolt Of Lightning again:o)
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jocko Homo wrote: »
    Totally agree there. It craps all over series 2 from a great height anyway. Not that is a great achievement - series 2 was in the main complete bilge, GitFace excepted of course). Even LotTL and the rubbishness of Tinkerbell!Doctor was a 100% better than the melodramatic, overly sentimental rubbish that was Doomsday.

The reality is that most of Dr Who is utter shit, because most of it is written by RTD. Each season has its gems, but none of them have been written by the producer.

His end of season cliffhangers are utter bilge.