iOS 7 DO you Honestly find the new update Looks Better

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
Forum Member
✭✭
I have 2 IPhones 4s, mine and my wife's.

My wife updated hers today. I am so happy I have not. :)

Come on & be honest, tell me you prefer the new look or would be happy to go back to the old look.

I've been looking forward to the update too. :mad: Shame !

DO you Honestly find the new update Looks Better ???

YES? - NO ?

( Me its a.... NO )

Comments

• enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do honestly it needed a new look to freshen it up. I think many of the features added also make it one of the most important updates iOS has ever had.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes AND no. There are things I like but some things that really bug me. I hate the white keyboard & the calendar is horrible. I would be happy if there was a bit more customisation. Why fif they get rid of swipe right to delete ?? It's gone a bit too grown up for my taste really
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    I do honestly it needed a new look to freshen it up. I think many of the features added also make it one of the most important updates iOS has ever had.

Hi :)

Its not the added feature, but the overall look I cannot get my head around.

Placing the old version iphone next to the new updated version. Its like going from a 1080P screen to the new iOS7 Screen now in 480i. :(

Complete Guess here, but the new look, looks like it will improve battery life with its dull new low res icons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it looks and behaves much better. I am on a developer account and have been using it since the beta too. At one stage during the beta, it looked even better, but they decided to change the fonts at around beta 3.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bootycall wrote: »

Placing the old version iphone next to the new updated version. Its like going from a 1080P screen to the new iOS7 Screen now in 480i. :(

Complete Guess here, but the new look, looks like it will improve battery life with its dull new low res icons.

Yeah battery life optimization is meant to be a big thing. I honestly can't agree on screen quality but than I haven't got an iPhone got an iPad so there would be a noticeable difference.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but with a few niggles..
    yes, its nice and fast and clean, but i'd like a few of the icons to not be so "flat" and boring,
    what it also needs is a sort of colour temp change, just so you could tone down a few of the really neon icons..
    Ability to change some of the set colours would be nice too
    I tried the first beta, and hated the plainess of the messaging and the bright neon green bubbles, but that green has now been slightly muted on the final release, but i'd still like a choice
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    YES. Been using it since Beta one on all iOS devices.
  • LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    I think it looks much better, so much more modern :)
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    Looks fresh and clean and it is very fast! I don't have an iPhone though, I have an ipad.

The only thing I don't like is the green bit at the bottom of the home screen, it looks odd just plonked there.
  • jaffboy151jaffboy151 Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't updated yet but to me it sounds like they have just copied many functions from android, I've got an ipad and have just got a galaxy S4 to replace my iPhone 4S as the iPhone 5 or the new ones simply weren't a big enough step forward phone wise for me, I love the galaxy s4 so far (only day 3) but are missing many of the functions I've been used to on iOS, though from these posts it sounds like a lot of the things I miss are no longer in iso7, silly as it sounds swipe to delete is one of the main things I miss on android, guess its gone there too now though, will hold out on updating the ipad for now until I get to see iso7 myself on someone else's phone..
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes AND no. There are things I like but some things that really bug me. I hate the white keyboard & the calendar is horrible. I would be happy if there was a bit more customisation. Why fif they get rid of swipe right to delete ?? It's gone a bit too grown up for my taste really

It's now swipe left to delete. Why? I don't know, people will be fighting their muscle memory all day.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    YES. Love it. Really gorgeous.
    Calendar could be a little less white but overall it's a beautiful thing.
  • technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are never going to please everyone.
    Some will love, some will hate.

I personally like it. Not really the colours but the new features.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    Okay I don't like the fact that I have to type my whole username in every time into the Citrix app but apart from that still pleased.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on & be honest, tell me you prefer the new look..

Ok .. I prefer the new look :D

(Because I actually do ..)
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    YES

I've had an iPhone for about 5 years now, and it's needed a fresher look for a long time, been very bored of the usual look to many of its features, I know the home screen doesn't look drastically different but how many of the features function imo is so much better, it's much more slick and fun to use in a way.

There isn't any little niggles that anoy me either, I quite literally like everything new about it lol
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy wth iOS 7 personally. It needed a new look as iOS 6 was looking very dated IMHO. However some of the built in apps seem to have an overly bright and sparse look. Notably Calendar as others have pointed out. No biggie though as there are alternative calendar apps.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the skeuomorphic (?) icons with their fake textures but they did their job: it was easier to spot the weather app or Newsstand when they looked like a weather app or a newspaper app. I do like the way Photos works now (even with its baffling new icon) and the changes to the camera functions look like they'll be popular with fans of Instagram etc.
  • MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No from me. I think it's lost the iPhone classy elegant feel. Feels and looks cartoony and tacky like an android or windows phone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    A lot of it looks like it was designed by a 7 year old. And then coloured in by him. With his crayons ....
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've yet to updated my iPhone 5. Might wait a few months.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I think it looks much better on my iPad 2.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure on it at the moment but I am sure given time I will come to like it, just some of the changes throw me for a second sometimes.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There might be something wrong with your phone if the icons are fuzzy and pixellated.

There are a few things that niggle, but on the whole I think its much better. (Although I've been running the betas for a while now.)

I just prefer it as it has much less clutter. Safari, Mail, Contacts and especially Photos are much better. Calendar feels like the one that doesn't quite work yet. I prefer it on the iPad where it has borders around each day in month view. Although for some reason the iPad uses far too garish colours for events.

I can see why they have done the thing with folders being limited to nine apps per page, but do think its design over functionality.

Looking at some apps that have been updated, I think look much better now. I've looked at Evernote in the past, but found it a bit too busy. But I love the redesign they have done for iOS7.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it doesn't look better at all. The dynamic wallpaper etc is impressive but the actual icons, text notifications, red notification alerts etc just look really cheap.