Options

Cheryl Cole Confirms 'Secret Marriage'

EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just seen this on her Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/CherylCole/photos/pb.17463745138.-2207520000.1405294274./10152512003175139/?type=3&theater
I usually do not discuss my personal life but to stop the speculation I want to share my happy news... Jean-Bernard and I married on 7/7/14.. <3
We are very happy and excited to move forward with our lives together..

Impressive how they managed to marry without any of the press getting involved. I wonder how they managed that? :cool:

I hope it all works out for her. Regardless of certain opinions, she does deserve her happiness :)

Comments

• Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Well, wow. Congratulations to them both. I'm pleased for them that they were able to keep this a secret too, away from the unwanted eyes of the paparazzi
  • Options
    DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can she still be legally a Cole?
  • Options
    Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Strange pick after her recent run of men?

I was expecting another male in the Afro - Caribbean ethnicity bracket, Cheryl has been more attracted to those men. :)

Interesting. I can't see this lasting for some reason. Good luck anyway!
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations, never saw this coming at all.

Its amazing how she has kept it completely quiet for a week without the press finding out, she obviously only confirmed it now due to The Sun's front page story tomorrow, she probably wanted to beat them to it.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She became famous as Cheryl Cole. What happens to that surname?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    She became famous as Cheryl Cole. What happens to that surname?

Just a guess, but I imagine if she changed her name legally to Cheryl Cole after her first marriage, she's fully entitled to keep it - there's no law that says you have to change your name back once you get divorced.

Since it is also effectively her stage name, I imagine nothing will change.
  • Options
    iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the voiceover man shouts "CHERYL FERNANDEZ-VERSINI" when the show starts. The new Rachel Adedeji.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melissa. wrote: »
    Wow. Strange pick after her recent run of men?

I was expecting another male in the Afro - Caribbean ethnicity bracket, Cheryl has been more attracted to those men. :)

Interesting. I can't see this lasting for some reason. Good luck anyway!

I agree, and while he must have swept her off her feet, I wish I didn't see some red flags on the horizon:

- According to this NYTimes article when he was 21 years old, he is a party animal who took a year off university in order to party, while Cheryl has often said she's a homebody happiest at home watching TV in comfy clothes.

- From the same article, he is a practiced ladies' man. He knew just how to get Cheryl. Can he remain faithful to her, or will he continue to do what has come so easy to him with gorgeous girls in the glamorous settings he is accustomed to after the honeymoon wears off?

- He is a restaurateur who divides his time between the French Riviera--850 miles from London--and St. Barts--4000 miles from London. Will she want to do that, and how does raising a family work in such a circumstance?

OTOH, Joanna Krupa and Miami bar owner Romain Zago have managed seven years together, despite living on opposite coasts much of that time, and despite Joanna saying, after Romain sent her a pre-nup, “I wanted to kill him,” Joanna said about her then husband-to-be. “Literally, I wanted to strangle him at that moment.”

There is always a chance it might work.
  • Options
    gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I don't know any 21 year who wasn't a ladies man at that age.hes the owner so guess he could just get his staff to run his restaurants.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this she's dropped the name Cole:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/488659/Cheryl-Cole-marries-Jean-Bernard-Fernandez-Versini-in-Mustique

Also they've only known each other three months :o
  • Options
    gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/488659/Cheryl-Cole-marries-Jean-Bernard-Fernandez-Versini-in-Mustique

thats not true the latest they met was in January when she was in Cape Town her friend that lives their knows him.
  • Options
    Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamstrong wrote: »
    I hope the voiceover man shouts "CHERYL FERNANDEZ-VERSINI" when the show starts. The new Rachel Adedeji.

Oh please let this happen!
  • Options
    Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we also take a minute to appreciate how stunning the hypothetical babies will be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

According to The Mirror they have been dating for at least six but first met years ago.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is all VERY weird! Now that she has gone and taken his last name!
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to her. I'm suprised she could keep it quiet for so long i'm impressed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is all VERY weird! Now that she has gone and taken his last name!

I don't think there is anything weird in that, most women choose to take their husbands last name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything weird in that, most women choose to take their husbands last name.

I don't know how old it is, but hiis Linkedin profile is simply Jeanbernard Fernandez.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jeanbernard-fernandez/5/731/306