Options

Criminal Minds S7 (US Pace)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
Forum Member
Hi, I couldn't find a thread for the new series that starts tonight (21st), so thought I would start one, though I'm not sure how many people will actually be watching as I haven't seen many threads on this show on DS, so I might be the only one posting in here lol.

The only 2 spoilers I have seen are,
about the return of JJ and Emily, and I am really looking forward to seeing Emily again as she is my favourite character.
, as I like to stay spoiler free!

So are there any more CM fans on DS or am I alone?? :cry:

ETA. The show starts airing on Sky Living on 7th January, (though that date may change), which is why I couldn't wait to watch it at UK pace.

Comments

• Options
    IrishdaveIrishdave Posts: 2,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that the new series was starting on Living October 7th.........According to geektown.co.uk thats when it starts.......Very early if it is!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is one of my never miss programs! i will be looking in on the first S7 episode later tonight....cant wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Irishdave wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the new series was starting on Living October 7th.........According to geektown.co.uk thats when it starts.......Very early if it is!!

I can't see it being 7th October, otherwise we would have had adverts for it by now. As far as I am aware, 7th January is the start date, which sounds about right.
    I've noticed that the series finale is in Spring, which would suggest a mid-series break?
    So maybe Sky Living are holding back on it so that we won't have to endure a break also?
    Though for us watching at US pace, it makes no different really!
    this is one of my never miss programs! i will be looking in on the first S7 episode later tonight....cant wait!

I watched it last night!
    I won't say it is the BEST EPISODE EVER but it's damn pretty close. Best series opening episode anyways!
    Loved every minute of it, and can't wait to see how it developes from here!

I'm just glad to see I won't be alone in this thread LOL
  • Options
    srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually watch this at UK pace, so I'm hoping Oct 7th is correct, but I agree that Jan 7th sounds more plausible.
    looking forward to this.
  • Options
    CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    I usually watch this at UK pace, so I'm hoping Oct 7th is correct, but I agree that Jan 7th sounds more plausible.
    looking forward to this.

On another thread l mentioned that Digiguide has October 7 listed as its return, and l've just noticed that the Living website has it advertised as "season 7 is nearly here".

But just to confuse matters, Sky never miss has it returning in 2012.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

Geektown's got it down as Sky Living – 7th October 2011 at 9pm.

Finger's crossed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I asked Sky Living on Twitter and got the following reply back:

SkyLivingOnline Sky Living Online
    @TVAddictJo Hi Jo, dates aren't confirmed for this show yet, but we will announce it as soon as we know! Cheers.

I really can't see it being October, it's too close and they would have started advertising it by now surely?
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That has to have been one of the worst ever Criminal Minds episodes :(

Used to be one of my favourites shows but after the season 6 debarkle its gone down in my estimation a bit. Was hoping they'd get back on track with season 7 but it was dull, disjointed and the acting skills of some of the guest cast were suspect to say the least. And some of the regulars seemed to be 'phoning it in'

They have pulled off the restropective style successfully before - 100 being a prime example. This episode, not so much.

I'll give it another go, but if it doesn't improve I'll not be watching anymore. Shame, as it used to be one of the better procedural dramas :(
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved this episode, nice to see the team back together. Although there were a few things that didn't make sense, like what about the budget cuts? And didn't Reid say he wasn't going back?

I do love in these types of episodes when they get to Rossi and he answers as if to say 'who are you, why do I care what you think?

Loved Reid demanding to be called 'Doctor'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very excited for the return of Criminal Minds and really enjoyed the 1st episode, it's my telly highlight of the week :D

Was very glad to see the back of Ashley (she was annoying and added nothing last series) and loved how she was written out with one line!

With the return of JJ & Emily I wonder if there will be anymore surprises this season? Would love to see Gideon back but that's probably wishful thinking I know!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Hey just to let you know, there was a trailer for the 7th season on sky living this morning. It starts on the 7th of October at 9.

:)Hope this helps:)

I've loved every season of the show (even season 6)and i can't wait,:D I love criminal minds, esp Dr.Reid.!!!!:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Hey just to let you know, there was a trailer for the 7th season on sky living this morning. It starts on the 7th of October at 9.

I've loved every season of the show (even season 6)and i can't wait,:D I love criminal minds, esp Dr.Reid.!!!!:cool:

sounds about right, terra nova was advertised as coming soon up untill a few days ago, now its saying 3rd oct, same with this.

cant wait though

anyone know how many eps s6 was i catched the 2 when prentiss "died" then it skipped to ep 20 the next day the started off at s1 the day after
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    lee2011 wrote: »
    sounds about right, terra nova was advertised as coming soon up untill a few days ago, now its saying 3rd oct, same with this.

cant wait though

anyone know how many eps s6 was i catched the 2 when prentiss "died" then it skipped to ep 20 the next day the started off at s1 the day after

There are 24 episodes in season 6. Their showing the last few episodes of the season this week with the season 6 finale on Friday at 9. :)

This tells when all of the episodes are on this week here http://beta.radiotimes.com/episode/cbggv/criminal-minds-hanley-waters
  • Options
    smurfs5smurfs5 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannot wait for October 7th. My favourite TV show definitely and the return of JJ and especially Emily, who is my favourite character, will bring it back to the heights it reached before their temporary departures. Really excited about it now.....:):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lee2011 wrote: »

cant wait though

There are 24 episodes in season 6. Their showing the last few episodes of the season this week with the season 6 finale on Friday at 9. :)

This tells when all of the episodes are on this week here http://beta.radiotimes.com/episode/cbggv/criminal-minds-hanley-waters
    smurfs5 wrote: »
    Cannot wait for October 7th. My favourite TV show definitely and the return of JJ and especially Emily, who is my favourite character, will bring it back to the heights it reached before their temporary departures. Really excited about it now.....:):D
    This is a US pace thread as it started in the US on 21st and may contain unmarked spoilers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It seems I was wrong then with the start date!
    So glad I was wrong though as it means only a little while to go for those not watching at US pace.
    And as Andy pointed out, this IS a US pace thread, so there will most likely be unmarked spoilers, there is a UK pace thread knocking about somewhere so you might want to post in that one first :D

I will continue to watch at US pace though (no adverts is a great thing).

S07E02: 'Proof' - September 28th

Not too spoilerish, but I will put it in tags anyways :D
    The BAU team searches rural Oklahoma when women are being found murdered after being robbed of one of their five senses. Also, JJ and Prentiss get the cold shoulder from Reid as he deals with their deception about Prentiss' presumed death.

melb - Gideon was my least favourite character, so I wouldn't be bothered if he came back or not, though I doubt it as he didn't leave on good terms, so I don't think he would be invited back!

I am beyond freaking happiness at Emily's return though, I <3 her soooooooo much, defo my favourite character ;)
    One of my favourite episodes of all time was the S4 Emily-centric 'Demonology'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get the Emily love... I think I like all of the current major characters more than hers. I think there was more scope in developing Seaver than there is in developing Prentiss.

Thought the season opener was a bit weak... hopefully things will improve
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, episode 2 was another weak episode sadly.

The plot was plodding and predictable, devoid of any dramatic tension, with an utterly pointless, almost laughable penultimate scene. The script wasn't anything to be proud of and at times the whole thing seemed gory for the sake of it, as though it might make up for the other shortfalls.

On the plus side, the acting was a marked improvement on last week - from regulars and guests alike. And it was nice to see the fall out from JJ, Emily & Hotch's deception. Though it was all wrapped up rather easily.

But got to say, Thomas Gibson is getting a bit thin!!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, episode 2 was another weak episode sadly.

The plot was plodding and predictable, devoid of any dramatic tension, with an utterly pointless, almost laughable penultimate scene. The script wasn't anything to be proud of and at times the whole thing seemed gory for the sake of it, as though it might make up for the other shortfalls.

On the plus side, the acting was a marked improvement on last week - from regulars and guests alike. And it was nice to see the fall out from JJ, Emily & Hotch's deception. Though it was all wrapped up rather easily.

But got to say, Thomas Gibson is getting a bit thin!!:eek:

I've just watched 'Proof', was a bit disturbed by it if I'm honest!

And I was going to post about how thin Thomas Gibson looks, you can really tell around the face! Not a good look to be honest.

I think we will be seeing a lot of the relationships between the team this series, it would be silly not to espeically after what happened.

haha @ Rossi 'I don't live in a house..... I live in a mansion.'
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a fan as well so glad to see this back on our screens on fri, going to do some jiggling as there seems alot on fri at 9pm:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Hi folks. This is my first post on Digital Spy and what better way to start than with my favourite programme. I'm watching it in the US for the next few weeks and don't know what series I'm on. Unfortunately I don't have Sky in the UK so can no longer watch it there but I've seen so much of it here over the years along with the Marathon nights where normally it's just repeats. I love Derek Morgan......what a hunk. x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoapyJo wrote: »
    And I was going to post about how thin Thomas Gibson looks, you can really tell around the face! Not a good look to be honest.

I think we will be seeing a lot of the relationships between the team this series, it would be silly not to espeically after what happened.

haha @ Rossi 'I don't live in a house..... I live in a mansion.'
    i noticed Thomas Gibson had lost a lot of weight when he did that cameo in the new Two And A Half men

i really hope they show more of the teams relationship with each other, i liked when they wre all at Rossi's mansion :)

i thought the second episode was really good, looking forward to the 3rd!

Jony88, Morgan is indeed kind on the eyes, but Spencer Ried is the man for me :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    Im a fan as well so glad to see this back on our screens on fri, going to do some jiggling as there seems alot on fri at 9pm:eek:

Hi, just a warning, this is the US paced thread, so there will be spoilers. There is a UK paced thread knocking around though :)

Jony88 wrote: »
    Hi folks. This is my first post on Digital Spy and what better way to start than with my favourite programme. I'm watching it in the US for the next few weeks and don't know what series I'm on. Unfortunately I don't have Sky in the UK so can no longer watch it there but I've seen so much of it here over the years along with the Marathon nights where normally it's just repeats. I love Derek Morgan......what a hunk. x

Welcome aboard!
    Glad to see your first post is on a great programme.
    I'm guessing that the series you are watching in the US will be the new one! Maybe if you tell us what the last episode was about we will be able to tell you :)
    I am going to send you a PM so you might want to check that out
    ;)

i noticed Thomas Gibson had lost a lot of weight when he did that cameo in the new Two And A Half men

i really hope they show more of the teams relationship with each other, i liked when they wre all at Rossi's mansion :)

i thought the second episode was really good, looking forward to the 3rd!

Jony88, Morgan is indeed kind on the eyes, but Spencer Ried is the man for me :)

I don't watch Two And A Half Men, so I wouldn't have seen him. I wonder if he has been ill recently?

I agree, the second episode was good, if not a little disturbing!

Morgan IS very nice on the eye, and is the guy you turn to for a bit of action, whereas Spencer is brilliantly funny, though he doesn't know that!
    Emily is still my favourite though
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that Soapy. There are a few episodes on every night here in the US. This week we are on Series 3 but on Wednesday Series 7 episode 3 is on. It's a first screening on A&E but don't know if it's been shown on another channel before. From Midday this Friday until 4am Saturday there is another marathon of 16 hours, mainly series 1 and 5. I've got no idea of series and episodes or show title cos they don't show that info here. When one finishes, another starts immediately for 2 or 3 minutes, then there are adverts before the show is finally introduced and as I said, they don't give titles............very odd here. Used to watch it on UK Virgin I think it was before Sky took over so haven't seen it in the UK since.
    What series are you on in the UK?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jony88 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Soapy. There are a few episodes on every night here in the US. This week we are on Series 3 but on Wednesday Series 7 episode 3 is on. It's a first screening on A&E but don't know if it's been shown on another channel before. From Midday this Friday until 4am Saturday there is another marathon of 16 hours, mainly series 1 and 5. I've got no idea of series and episodes or show title cos they don't show that info here. When one finishes, another starts immediately for 2 or 3 minutes, then there are adverts before the show is finally introduced and as I said, they don't give titles............very odd here. Used to watch it on UK Virgin I think it was before Sky took over so haven't seen it in the UK since.
    What series are you on in the UK?

Series 7 starts this Friday, but we have been watching at US pace as we couldn't wait!
    Plus, usually CM starts on Sky Living either in January or February, a good few months after it has aired in the US so I think we were all a little surprised why they announced it last week, that it would start in 7th October, but we couldn't wait lol