Martine McCutcheon declared bankrupt

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her "death by cheese" was a metaphor for her career, perhaps a rewrite after they had to deal with her behaviour on set. She's not exactly the most well rounded talent with her cheesy acting and it's led to her becoming a taste for a very selective audience to the point her career is dead.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure I recall her turning down Stictly a couple of years ago citing that she was "too busy". I may have posted somehing at the time along the lines of "too many yoghurt ads to film?"

I suppose she wouldn't be able able to skive off Srictly the same way she did My Fair Lady and then get awarded for doing so.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will be clean / dissolved by 2014. Only a year to get her finances back on track. I suppose every little bit of work pays the creditors and something to live on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    I am sure I recall her turning down Stictly a couple of years ago citing that she was "too busy". I may have posted somehing at the time along the lines of "too many yoghurt ads to film?"

I suppose she wouldn't be able able to skive off Srictly the same way she did My Fair Lady and then get awarded for doing so.

I think she'd literally have to beg BBC for another opportunity given her history with them.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a bailiff, but I would still smash her back doors in.
    :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she write the article herself?
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    She will be clean / dissolved by 2014. Only a year to get her finances back on track. I suppose every little bit of work pays the creditors and something to live on.
    This is the bit I don't get. My understanding is that normal, non-celeb people don't have a bankruptcy order dissolved until 6 years have passed irrespective of whether you clear your debts or not. It's something that's meant to stay on your financial records for 6 years, so how is it that hers only lasts a year? Perhaps you get special rates if you're a celeb...:confused: Agree with the earlier poster who said she has most likely 'bought' houses and cars for family and close friends so that it seems as if she has no assets that can be used by HMRC as payment of her tax bill. She must not have paid tax for yonks to have a bill of £417k.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    As she gets killed before the opening credits start, it's worth a quick look on itv player :D plus they put her in possibly the most unflattering dress I've seen in a long time. It's not quite up there with 'death by having wine bottles lobbed at you whilst being staked out on your lawn', but it's a good 'un for Midsomer Murders :D

thanks, sadly my computer is so outdated it can't cope with itvplayer or anything that modern:(
    I will keep my eye out for the repeat, sure it won't be long

Anyway back to this bankrupcy, It's what happens if you doolittle about paying your taxes:o
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    kitten12 wrote: »

Yup :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a259600/martine-mccutcheon-weighing-up-strictly.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a391935/martine-mccutcheon-on-resisting-strictly-im-already-a-trained-dancer.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I would forgive her anything as she threw up in Mick Hucknells hair (dreadlocks) and she did such a good job of that he had to have it cut off:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I23 wrote: »
    I would forgive her anything as she threw up in Mick Hucknells hair (dreadlocks) and she did such a good job of that he had to have it cut off:D

Being impressed with drunks that vomit on people is a fairly low bar. II personally don't applaud hobos just because they can drink a bottle of whiskey and then urinate high enough for it to land on people's heads because disgusting actions relating to bodily functions are not quite getting a degree to me.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I like Martine but sorry my sympathies lie with those who lose their jobs while buying a house and bringing up their families. Martine must have earned the money to owe the tax, so if she squandered it, it is her fault, she had more than most in her day, so she has to accept the responsibility and try to get work to pay off her creditors who apart from the taxman have their own bills to pay.

I agree entirely. I like her but the comments about 'My Fair Lady' are fair as is the above.

She should not be allowed to simply go bankrupt and run away from her liabilities.

Let's face it, like Anthea Turner, she is hardly likely to end up struggling in a council flat.
  • pearljpearlj Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rumandlime wrote: »
    she will have to start her acting career from scratch again in scottish division three with 'ally mcoist' as her agen:D

Could not have a better agent, if he were to become one.:D
  • looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flyingv wrote: »
    This is the bit I don't get. My understanding is that normal, non-celeb people don't have a bankruptcy order dissolved until 6 years have passed irrespective of whether you clear your debts or not. It's something that's meant to stay on your financial records for 6 years, so how is it that hers only lasts a year? Perhaps you get special rates if you're a celeb...:confused: Agree with the earlier poster who said she has most likely 'bought' houses and cars for family and close friends so that it seems as if she has no assets that can be used by HMRC as payment of her tax bill. She must not have paid tax for yonks to have a bill of £417k.
    Most people are discharged after approximately a year, celeb or non-celeb. After that, I think, then people may be asked to continue paying momeny to the insolvency people. It continues to stay on your financial record for, as you say, longer than that
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Was that same one that shout at very important man who foot on her dress at Oscars party?
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she starts appearing in all the magazines with the title "Martine McCutcheon : My bankruptcy hell"
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Was that same one that shout at very important man who foot on her dress at Oscars party?

Yes indeed!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/martine-mccutcheon-attracts-attention-at-sir-539429
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she starts appearing in all the magazines with the title "Martine McCutcheon : My bankruptcy hell"

This^^^
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »

haha what a great article, thanks for that, loved the bit about her dancing:D
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonathan Pryce being fairly diplomatic about McCutcheon's absenteeism during My Fair Lady
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVHSfMYm7_Q
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I like Martine but sorry my sympathies lie with those who lose their jobs while buying a house and bringing up their families. Martine must have earned the money to owe the tax, so if she squandered it, it is her fault, she had more than most in her day, so she has to accept the responsibility and try to get work to pay off her creditors who apart from the taxman have their own bills to pay.

yes , you don't rack up a tax bill like that on the minimum wage do you ;)
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Living it large is a dangerous thing to do. You need to be a strong personality like Big Boy Barry to do that. It can take control of you.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened in Hollywood?

Cricklewood surely :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now this article is more like it: from the Mirror

"If you’re a fan of EastEnders, yogurts and one-hit wonders then you might want to put the kettle on before you carry on reading this sad story."

LOL!
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    I think these celebs get addicted to the high life and just don't seem to realise that when they're not working they have to budget like the rest of us.

I think you`re probably right...you`re only as good as your last pay check and if that was the middle of last year you``re in trouble.