Double Yolks

2»

Comments

• Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people are just fussy

But the consistency and flavour of the white and yolk are completely different. They just happen to be in the same shell.

The silky smooth creamy luxurious flavoursome yolk and a blob of white rubbery nothingness.
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsmurray wrote: »
    Did you call the Daily Mail?

I was unemployed at the time. They probably would have turned the story into a hatchet job whereby I'm living in the lap of luxury on benefits.

"Scrounger demands double yolk egg and a Kit-Kat in just ONE DAY and guess who's paying for it"
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    as a perk we used to get a tray [36] of double yolk eggs a week when i worked on an egg farm. that`s about 3 thousand a week. [:o]

or three hundred:blush: doh. take me fishing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get my eggs from the girl up the road who has free range chickens, we often get double yokers. Don't have boiled eggs very often so don't know what happens to them.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are so funny!
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eggs are a bit revolting when you think about it, the white is a similar kind of membrane to what surrounds a human baby whilst it's in the womb.

I still eat them though.. :)
  • Options
    Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't have a tray of 36 Double Yolk eggs as an ordinary tray holds 30 and a tray for extra large Jumbos only holds 20. The extra
    large eggs are from older hens and the shell quality is poorer than the smaller eggs from pullets. The only way to guarantee Double Yolkers as opposed to Extra Large is to Candle them (Pass them Over a Light). and yes you can have a boiled Double Yolker. Doubles are no good for hatching, small or deformed chicks may result.
    I have seen a double yolk Goose Egg, now that is something for breakfast boiled or fried.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Hut27 wrote: »
    You can't have a tray of 36 Double Yolk eggs as an ordinary tray holds 30 and a tray for extra large Jumbos only holds 20. The extra
    large eggs are from older hens and the shell quality is poorer than the smaller eggs from pullets. The only way to guarantee Double Yolkers as opposed to Extra Large is to Candle them (Pass them Over a Light). and yes you can have a boiled Double Yolker. Doubles are no good for hatching, small or deformed chicks may result.
    I have seen a double yolk Goose Egg, now that is something for breakfast boiled or fried.

this is why i got ungraded in maths.:blush:

we all always had double yolked, you could tell them a mile off as they were massive but we just collected the eggs, someone else graded them i assume, i only saw the inside of the sheds and the docky room.