Lewis

FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
Yay! It's coming back!

'You just can't keep a good sleuth down! Despite the titular 'tec taking retirement last time we saw him, Lewis will be returning for a new six-part series.

ITV has confirmed that Kevin Whately and Laurence Fox will reprise their roles as the detective duo, who return to solve more grisly crimes against the backdrop of beautiful Oxford.

This time, however, Hathaway is the Inspector and Whately is brought out of retirement to assist him.

Other cast members reprising their roles are Clare Holman as Laura Hobson and Rebecca Front as Chirf Supt Jean Innocent.

Apologies if this is old news, but I don't buy newspapers and this is in my new TV mag!
So it's all news to me.
Interesting Hathaway didn't leave the force, then.
Wonder if Laura and Robbie are still together!

Comments

• TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased this is coming back :)

Did Robbie & Laura end up together then? if they did I must have missed it, they always seemed as if they wanted to get together but I thought Lewis backed off because he felt disloyal to his wife?
  • Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one pleased to hear they are bringing Lewis back. If Hathaway is now the inspector, hopefully the focus will be slightly more on him than it was before as I think he is such an interesting character.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    TrishaS wrote: »
    Really pleased this is coming back :)

Did Robbie & Laura end up together then? if they did I must have missed it, they always seemed as if they wanted to get together but I thought Lewis backed off because he felt disloyal to his wife?

Oh, Robbie and Laura were definitely together by the end. I can still see in my minds eye when James returned from his travels and he was in the pub with Innocent, Robbie was going to get them drinks, Laura walked in and he and Laura indulged in smoochy kiss. The look on the other two's faces was hilarious! lol

There was the bit when they turned up together to view a corpse and she made a comment about Robbie snoring so you knew they'd spent the night together.

There was a little scene where they talked about Val ... and Laura asked whether he felt he was being disloyal to her. I can't remember what they said but I think he decided the time had come to think of his own life and he didn't have to be alone (the sort of conversation people have about things like that!)

They certainly gave the impression - specially as that was supposed to be the last episode ever - that Robbie and Laura would be together forever (because it was the last one so we'd never know any different! lol)

I do hope they haven't split them up because they're back again!
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!! Really pleased this is coming back. I love Hathaway so it will be good to see more of his character. Glad all the other cast members are back too.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Oh, Robbie and Laura were definitely together by the end. I can still see in my minds eye when James returned from his travels and he was in the pub with Innocent, Robbie was going to get them drinks, Laura walked in and he and Laura indulged in smoochy kiss. The look on the other two's faces was hilarious! lol

There was the bit when they turned up together to view a corpse and she made a comment about Robbie snoring so you knew they'd spent the night together.

There was a little scene where they talked about Val ... and Laura asked whether he felt he was being disloyal to her. I can't remember what they said but I think he decided the time had come to think of his own life and he didn't have to be alone (the sort of conversation people have about things like that!)

They certainly gave the impression - specially as that was supposed to be the last episode ever - that Robbie and Laura would be together forever (because it was the last one so we'd never know any different! lol)

I do hope they haven't split them up because they're back again!

Thanks for that Flukie :) in that case I have missed an episode :(
  • ktboilsktboils Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    I've just seen in this newspaper. Soooooooooo pleased.
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased too. One of my favourite programmes, and I love Hathaway!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Kevin announced last year that he didn't want to make any more Lewis. Presumably ITV waved a big cheque under his nose.......
  • missymorganmissymorgan Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I remember correctly both actors said at the time that they wanted a break but wouldn't discount a return. Looking forward to a new series.