excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this should work Terminus
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »

Does that have any spoilers for future episodes on the page?
  • Options
    excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kine wrote: »
    Does that have any spoilers for future episodes on the page?

They have reached issue 64 of the comic books - TWD wiki page synopsis - may contain spoilers.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Decent finale. My only problem (with a lot of shows) is that they telegraph exactly what is going to happen. In order for everyone to get the clues they make them very obvious so every viewer would have known that Terminus was a bad place since very early on in the season. Maybe we've just watched that much tv that it's obvious where the story is going to go. I also thought the Terminus folk being cannibals was fairly certain for weeks now and I don't read the comics. I've just watched enough zombie films and post-apocalypse films that you know certain subjects will come up in the story. You'd have to be totally oblivious to the heavy hints throughout to actually be surprised when it plays out.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    For me the clue about canibalism was the focus on rabbits lately. Daryl got in a fight with a member of his gang over a rabbit, then we saw michone commenting how small the rabbit they caught was. If meat is scarce and worth fighting to almost death for, why would the folk at terminus be handing out to strangers?

They seemed to have enough to feed themselves and offered it freely to glen and the crew when they arrived so it must be a meat thats not in short supply. Now we know they have held people captive we are almost certain theyre eating human meat.

Terminus had a strange atmosphere when we first saw it in that it was too nice and too inviting. Nobody since the zombie apocolypse has been that open and welcoming without having a huge secret to hide.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excelents wrote: »
    Hopefully this should work Terminus

Brilliant, cheers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Rick has lost his humanity. So what gave him the right too banish Carol?
    The whole "I won't have you here" still pisses me off.

I don't actually mind if he slides into complete psycho. I get annoyed arguing with people who say the governor was radically different when Rick killed a guy just because he was sitting on the crapper. That guy could have been as innocent (within the group) as Daryl was - he certainly made no move to attack Rick.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    I don't actually mind if he slides into complete psycho. I get annoyed arguing with people who say the governor was radically different when Rick killed a guy just because he was sitting on the crapper. That guy could have been as innocent (within the group) as Daryl was - he certainly made no move to attack Rick.
    Good point! A weakness in the script really. Lou on the loo, could have been a decent guy hanging with the gang for protection.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He killed a guy so he wouldn't die, I think the toilet guy even had a gun he went for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    He killed a guy so he wouldn't die, I think the toilet guy even had a gun he went for.

He killed a guy that was just sitting there, may have posed a threat, may have been as bad as the others, who may have been bad from the way they talked. Lou was passive and scared and only scrambled for a weapon (scissors) after Rick attacked him. Hardly a clear threat to his life - more just selfishly using the crapper without claiming it

He could have just shushed him and backed out, taken his chances of getting a kicking or maybe getting away. No he killed the guy simply because it was expedient to do so

Carol's actions on the other hand were in defence of the whole group, not simple self interest
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,896
    Forum Member
    He killed a guy that was just sitting there, may have posed a threat, may have been as bad as the others, who may have been bad from the way they talked. Lou was passive and scared and only scrambled for a weapon (scissors) after Rick attacked him. Hardly a clear threat to his life - more just selfishly using the crapper without claiming it

He could have just shushed him and backed out, taken his chances of getting a kicking or maybe getting away. No he killed the guy simply because it was expedient to do so

Carol's actions on the other hand were in defence of the whole group, not simple self interest

Rick always seems to have one rule for himself and one for everyone else, he'd make a good prime minister. When Lori was alive I always got the feeling she thought she, Carl and Rick were far more important than all the others.
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sure it's just normal human meat? (well as not normal as that is). My money is on freshly turned walker meat. There's a crazy cult aspect, so who know what they're into.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Cannibalism was dealt with in one of the video games. Wonder if it will be the same?
    They had to take meat from a live human as once you're dead it turns and is tainted, they basically drug the victim and take a leg or arm as needed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    Rick always seems to have one rule for himself and one for everyone else, he'd make a good prime minister. When Lori was alive I always got the feeling she thought she, Carl and Rick were far more important than all the others.

Agree on this. Apart from being Rick's Iago and then playing shocked when he actually went through with the actions she'd been twisting his gears to perform, she was generally a bit too self-involved, compared to other member's of the group. I enjoyed Andrea and Lori's argument in Season 2 when Mrs. Grimes tried to get Andrea to lay down her weapons and join the other women in their domestic bliss. Don't get me wrong, both women were thoroughly unpleasant around this time (Andrea was being a bitch to Dale, beyond the resentment she had to him for blackmailing her out of the CDC and seemed more keen to just piss him off), but Andrea was right in calling Lucky Lori up on being a pig in shit for doing so well in the ZA, what with having her old man, kid and casual Shaney squeeze about.

Rick's behaviour can be quite erratic and a little too extreme, but I think the scene in Claimed where he killed Lou was more him panicking about Michonne and Carl's return. I think he overheard the exchange between some of the guys when they found Michonne's old top and there was the heavy suggestion she was going to be assaulted upon her return. Rick had just lost (almost) everything, and with his son and probably his strongest ally at risk, he snapped to react. Lori would have probably pushed him to off said group even if they were just minding their own business. "I don't trust them Rick. They're dangerous. You do what you have to do." She also chicken shitted out of ever actually supporting him in his actions, despite what she assured him off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    Rick always seems to have one rule for himself and one for everyone else, he'd make a good prime minister.

He's an arse. His one rule for him and another for others makes his character so all over the place.
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,896
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    He's an arse. His one rule for him and another for others makes his character so all over the place.
    Not sure I can ever forgive him for sending Carol out into the wilderness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole Carol sent into the wilderness bit was Rick doing what he saw as 'the right thing' which considering his track record on some of his decisions is bit of a laugh. But equally Rick never wanted to be the leader and everything he did from the start was geared around his family and trying to protect them.

Hence some of the bonehead plays he made. But you need someone who cares for their loved ones as a main part of the cast as would people feel any attachment for a loner who just happens to end up helping a group for their own selfish ends and then dumps them when it suits.

Rick was a cop before this happened and people look to figures like that when things go wrong. If Rick had say been the sheriff or an officer in the armed forces he may have felt more comfortable in the role of leader and not be constantly second guessing himself hence his bad choices along the road equally how the hell do you make the right choices when the world's gone to hell? After all he needed to be responible for his actions as deputy but not always think in the bigger sense.

I felt Rick leaving the hitchhiker to be eaten was a rotten thing to do. Okay maybe the guy would have turned out to be dangerous freak but can you make a call like that. There has to be some glimmer of humanity otherwise it's time to eat the old .45 round man.

On the other hand compared to the guvoner Rick wasn't that bad, he didn't keep a tank full of heads so that's one point in Officer Grimes favour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the other hand compared to the guvoner Rick wasn't that bad, he didn't keep a tank full of heads so that's one point in Officer Grimes favour.

I like where you set the bar.

Course, the governor never bit someone's throat out :D
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    4B like season 2 I expect will be better viewing the second time around knowing not it expect too much action and plot moving elements to it would work better I reckon.

It was a tiny bit cheeky though to do flashbacks to the prison in the final episode IMO they built up the sanctuary place for a good few episodes then to finally get to it we see a few prison flashbacks it was such an eye roll if im honest at least they weren't long though I suppose.

I loved the last of us vibes I got from 4b just general scavenging and surviving
    then rick killing those guys in the house totally last of us
    Carl even has longer hair now abit like Elle:p:D
    even the poster for 4B is similar to last of us haha
    LAST OF US SPOILER!!!!!!
    would anyone else love if they lifted a plot point from the last of us Judith being a cure and rick now has to protect her from people actively looking for Judith probely ripping last of us to much there but I can dream LOL

Michonne is another fav of mine now shes great glad shes showing more emotion now I bet the actress is glad to be part that phase with the character now :D

Cant wait till it returns now hopefully S5 brings the group back together quickly including carol and we can move to new plot points

Is Washington defiantly going to be in next season:confused: I don't read the comics
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SUPERB! Stayed up until 5am watching the final 5 episodes last night.

I love the newer characters, Dr Eugene Porter and Sgt. Abraham Ford. Was great to see Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar - Star Trek Next generation) greeting them to the cannabalistic fold.

I thought the exposition episodes were really well played out, and Michone and Carl are just lovely together.

Daryl and Rick's 'we're brothers now' was really moving.

Still sat there almost shitting meself worrying about who was gonna be killed though, it's soooo tense!
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The guy's group were an obvious threat , there was no sign Rick would have been able to back out of the room , the group were dangerous as witnessed by Rick hearing and seeing things from under the bed . Carol on the other hand snuffed out two of her own group without blinking in the hope it might stop the virus (it didn't ) and before she knew it was going to be lethal . (People defending Carol's actions would be talking differently if she'd taken out a couple of the main characters but she gets a pass as she only killed 2 redshirts .) I was shocked when Rick ejected her from the group but I would have probably done the same thing . At least her character development shows she may have learnt something from it . I think all Rick needs to say to Carol when they meet up is Sorry for ejecting you but it was the right thing at the time and we're happy to have you back .
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    len112 wrote: »
    The guy's group were an obvious threat , there was no sign Rick would have been able to back out of the room , the group were dangerous as witnessed by Rick hearing and seeing things from under the bed . Carol on the other hand snuffed out two of her own group without blinking in the hope it might stop the virus (it didn't ) and before she knew it was going to be lethal . (People defending Carol's actions would be talking differently if she'd taken out a couple of the main characters but she gets a pass as she only killed 2 redshirts .) I was shocked when Rick ejected her from the group but I would have probably done the same thing . At least her character development shows she may have learnt something from it . I think all Rick needs to say to Carol when they meet up is Sorry for ejecting you but it was the right thing at the time and we're happy to have you back .

Agree with this.imo rick gets a hard time here and other forums.carol just murdered 2 of their own group,of course she deserved to be banished if not worse.if she stayed ty would prob have killed her so he did her a favor.Also,who was next.she could have murdered glen for all we know...he was sick too,right?

I think most of the carol love is based on the silly hope that she will get with Daryl which i hope never happens.but obsessed fan fiction types will believe different

I have to say,when Daryll joined Rick/Michonne and Carl...maybe the most bad-ass group ever..the hunter with the alpha male with the alpha female with the kid growing into a pretty great shot.

the only question i have is about the finale.they knew they were being herded.they should have attempted some other route.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with this.imo rick gets a hard time here and other forums.carol just murdered 2 of their own group,of course she deserved to be banished if not worse.if she stayed ty would prob have killed her so he did her a favor.Also,who was next.she could have murdered glen for all we know...he was sick too,right?

I think most of the carol love is based on the silly hope that she will get with Daryl which i hope never happens.but obsessed fan fiction types will believe different

for the record, I've no love for carol, just can't stand the fawning over St Rick when it's clear he's happy to kill or let people get killed whenever it serves his slightest interest.

As for your fan fiction comment, that's just ridiculous - everyone know Daryl's in love with Rick :D