Options

My married boss with kids is on Grindr

Comments

• Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you close enough to your boss to know whether he is still with his wife or separated? I imagine, if you were that close/friendly, you'd feel able to mention having seen him on Grindr ;)

Either way, I agree with those that say it's none of your business really, it's his personal life to sort out, even if it is him - which you don't sound 100% sure of.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Won't somebody please think of the children" ...yawn

Or alternatively, just let adults get on with what adults do without dredging up some 'think of the children' non-argument.

You don't think the OP's boss should be thinking of his children? Presumably he agrees with you that being Dad is a big yawn too compared to touting himself for sex on the internet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't somebody please think of the CHILDREN!!!!!

Parent's job to protect their own children, and if their children DO find out about things like this then it's the parent's job to put it into the proper context.

And if the parent isn't comfortable talking to their child about sex and sexuality, it's the parent that has the problem.

I'd love to hear the OP's boss explain the context of his. behaviour to his children - no doubt their pain will be their problem, not his.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Kinda related, a while back the missus asked me what Blendr was.
    I asked why and she said there was a rumour that one of her mates was on it. I think she thought it was something a bit like facebook. :blush:

Anyway, after installing it, she seems to take great delight in browsing it to see if there's anybody she knows active on it.

Is it vaguely possible that the OP's boss might have signed up to Grindr for a similar reason?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Kinda related, a while back the missus asked me what Blendr was.
    I asked why and she said there was a rumour that one of her mates was on it. I think she thought it was something a bit like facebook. :blush:

Anyway, after installing it, she seems to take great delight in browsing it to see if there's anybody she knows active on it.

Is it vaguely possible that the OP's boss might have signed up to Grindr for a similar reason?
    I think that's a good point. Many of us have signed up to things out of nosiness, or looked around Facebook out of nosiness... we are human, we are nosy :D
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I think that's a good point. Many of us have signed up to things out of nosiness, or looked around Facebook out of nosiness... we are human, we are nosy :D

Course, I suppose if his profile says summat like "Leather bear looking for rough, hot action" then that might be a little less likely. :blush:
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Is it possible that someones set it up as a joke and the boss doesnt know? I dont know how it works but its possible someones set it up using his deatails to try and get him in trouble?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Course, I suppose if his profile says summat like "Leather bear looking for rough, hot action" then that might be a little less likely. :blush:
    Haha :D True :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair OP should just leave it alone, has zero to do with him.

Him being a homosexual is between him, his family and god, if he's that way inclined and no one else. You are not apart of his marriage.

He could be cringing at the fact he has seen you on it too...
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who was married with kids, who only came out to himself when the children were of school age. He told his wife but nobody else, and after many tears they agreed to continue being a couple until such time as the children were grown up. They split when the youngest child was at university, and he now lives with his same-sex partner, who he'd been seeing for the last two years of the marriage.

Sometimes these stories are complicated. Don't get involved IMO.
  • Options
    SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    WTF is Grindr? I thought it was a Judas Priest song
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    I'd love to hear the OP's boss explain the context of his. behaviour to his children - no doubt their pain will be their problem, not his.

Maybe, but it's nobody else's. The boss will have to come to terms with his actions, but it's really not for any of us to say what is and isn't morally right and wrong, now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scandalous!! If he's well off time for blackmail :D

Seriously though, that's awful for his wife.
  • Options
    mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok i walked past his desk yesterday and saw the app on his phone screen. he was using it..omg
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because its the sort of thing that children need protecting from.

Will somebody PLEASE think of the children :D:D
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mizhog wrote: »
    ok i walked past his desk yesterday and saw the app on his phone screen. he was using it..omg

So he's not even trying to hide the fact he's on there?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm having zero luck.with the ladies so I might give this Grindr a try .

Sex is sex I suppose :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe, but it's nobody else's. The boss will have to come to terms with his actions, but it's really not for any of us to say what is and isn't morally right and wrong, now.

Of course it's morally wrong to cheat, lie and deceive and advertise yourself like a prostitute. And its the childfen who will have to come to terms with their father's actions. if tthey ever find out - Daddy will have forgiven himself in his own mind.
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    Of course it's morally wrong to cheat, lie and deceive and advertise yourself like a prostitute. And its the childfen who will have to come to terms with their father's actions. if tthey ever find out - Daddy will have forgiven himself in his own mind.

This!!

This guy thinks it's "just a bit of fun" and it's just silly and selfish tbh to go behind his familys back and especially on such a manner.

It's one thing to cheat and possibly even feel regret for what you've done but to put yourself on an app and state what you want and basically asking to cheat is incredibly wrong.

Can't even say I'm surprised though, when I had that app, it was full of married guys or old men wanting to cop off. Why I deleted it right away, people have no respect or dignity.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    mizhog wrote: »

Hmm. I'm not sure I believe any of this tbh.
    Are you sure you're not making it up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member

People on forums make stuff up for attention? Say it isn't so!
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im thinking the same. ;-)
  • Options
    Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can not connect on Grindr as it constantly displays an error message about trying to contact the server. I've tried deinstalling & downloading it again but the same problem persists. Anyone having the same problem? I've turned the power off, taken my battery out & rebooted it but nothing... >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah I have to say up until that post I thought it was genuine but your comment was what I thought.

Anyway OP unless you don't have pics, isn't it likely he would have seen you and know you know. If you're you're both logged on at work, then grindr would be showing you each other
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    I've just found out my cat is on Grindr. Should I confront him?