Options

NowTV App

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Was thinking about Metal Gear, but will probably use mine towards infamous first light, which is also £12.

Oooh, that's a good shout actually.
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I received my credit in the early hours of this morning. I am enjoying the content on offer in terms of big name films although I have to say I find the video more susceptible to fluctuations in my connection speed compared to Netflix.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    £10 to spend.

I'm thinking Child of Light for just over £8. Worth it ?

I won't be adding any funds to this wallet as it's enough managing an Irish and American account. But if anyone has any suggestion where my precious £10 could be spent, then I'm all ears. I'm restricted to ps4 tho.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I signed up for the free trial yesterday, purely for the £10 PSN credit.

The NOW TV app won't let me log in using my Sky ID (the existing Sky ID I used to sign up for the trial via the NOW TV website). Seems the password field isn't long enough.

Oh well. I only wanted the credit anyway. Anything new I want to watch, I'll already have the BD. Anything older I want to watch, I'll already have the BD or it will be on Netflix.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My £10 came the other day and I've placed it in my PSN wallet. Naughty me created a new email address and signed up again for the offer with my credit card :D

I'm really surprised they don't limit accounts to per address. Will wait and see if I get the £10 credit. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    My £10 came the other day and I've placed it in my PSN wallet. Naughty me created a new email address and signed up again for the offer with my credit card :D

I'm really surprised they don't limit accounts to per address. Will wait and see if I get the £10 credit. :blush:

I must do that too. Wonder if we can stack the vouchers on psn. If so, I have a load of email addresses I can use.
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the Now TV app. The lack of an actual on screen keyboard for use when searching is enfuriating. For those that don't know, now TV uses a scroll wheel for entering text. Why can't app developers just use the standard keyboard?
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carguy143 wrote: »
    I don't like the Now TV app. The lack of an actual on screen keyboard for use when searching is enfuriating. For those that don't know, now TV uses a scroll wheel for entering text. Why can't app developers just use the standard keyboard?

Possibly so that the app is standard across devices? (Don't know, just guessing)

But yes, I agree the search was annoying.

Quite happy with the free trial though - managed to watch about 15 films.

(Oh, and to the OP asking about connection issues - I've now tried it wired to my ps4 and wirelessly to my ps3 - both worked fine, no problems).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did everyones £10 PSN credit get e-mailed during the free trial? And did anybody cancel before the end and still get it? Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did everyones £10 PSN credit get e-mailed during the free trial? And did anybody cancel before the end and still get it? Thanks

Well a few of us signed up around July 27 and the credit came in around Aug 12. So it takes about two weeks.

Don't know about cancelling before you get the credit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Well a few of us signed up around July 27 and the credit came in around Aug 12. So it takes about two weeks.

Don't know about cancelling before you get the credit.

• Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decided to go for this offer myself. Quite a few films on there I'll watch for the month anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Signed up again. Sure why not.

Anyone know when this offer expires ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it said 28th August
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I have this. Any good films on it? Watching we're the Millers just now. Pretty good.
    Planned to watch bad grandpa next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The heat is a reasonable film.
    Didn't really like bad grampa that much.
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch Gravity if you haven't seen it yet. Watched it the other night, good film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will give it a go. Everyone told me it was dull but will try.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Will give it a go. Everyone told me it was dull but will try.

Gravity was one of my favourite films of 2013.

I saw it at my local cinema, and then saw it again at the BFI IMAX in London (*the* IMAX).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching gravity just now, seems Ok so far.

This now tv movies is actually pretty good though don't know if I'll sicken myself after the month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I heard Gravity was technically amazing but just a meh film. Never bothered with it tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually quite enjoyed gravity. Better than folk said it would be. Maybe having low expectations helped. Glad I watched it. Very short film though.

Might try that captain Philips next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watched Wreck it Ralph on Now TV last night. It's pretty awesum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen that at cinema. Annoys me as reminds me of ps4 8 bit games lol

Whether you have kids or not. Despicable me 2 is quite funny if you havent seen it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Seen that at cinema. Annoys me as reminds me of ps4 8 bit games lol

Whether you have kids or not. Despicable me 2 is quite funny if you havent seen it.

Wwwhhhaaaattt ?? I love Wreck It Ralph :(