The Ratings Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The X Factor rating makes it more interesting for next weeks clash with Strictly.
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member
    @Salv

CBB figures for the weekend

Fri
    1773 (+1 96k)
    Sat
    1022 (+1 183k)
    Sun
    1738 (+1 218k)
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    @Salv

Fri
    1773 (+1 96k)
    Sat
    1022 (+1 183k)
    Sun
    1738 (+1 218k)
    Phew. Great to see the show rally like that. Just the response C5 wanted to see.

But what on earth happened exactly on Saturday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @Salv

Fri
    1773 (+1 96k)
    Sat
    1022 (+1 183k)
    Sun
    1738 (+1 218k)

Thank you, your a life saver buddy!

Very good for last night with 1.96m incl +1!
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Phew. Great to see the show rally like that. Just the response C5 wanted to see.

The clash with the young skewing Through The Keyhole (and maybe Xtra Factor) probably dented it.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    More people watch on Sunday and X Factor usually rates higher on Sundays with the double audition show weekends they started doing last year. I think X Factor fans knew it was on Saturday & Sunday as it has been mentioned everywhere.

That drop is highly unusual. Any Corrie boost will be cancelled out by a Strictly clash next Sunday I would think.

They haven't stuck to the same format as last year though. Last year was tightly formatted with the rooms on Saturday and the arenas on Sunday. This year they are just showing all the rooms first so last night was just another rooms show and the Sunday show wasn't promoted well on air at all.

The fact it was swamped by disasters either side of it won't have helped. Last year the same show had a Corrie lead-in and a lead-out from Vera.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Oh dear oh dear. Less than 8million excluding plus 1 is dire for a second Sunday episode. Hahaha. XF in crisis.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I didn't see that decline coming for The X Factor. The show seemed to have received a decent response from Saturday and the competition was reasonable but not epic. It was left stranded in the schedule somewhat but it still should have done better than that.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,624
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    All it needs is a winter storm and it'll be in the 19 mils ;-)

I would have liked to see "The Great British Bake Off" figures in January, with a heavy winter I would be interested to see what they would rise to. "The X Factor" did reasonably well there I though, its overnight is above everything else this week and I guess look pretty amazing had it been any other programme but there are expectations on it. Perhaps unrealistic expectations.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    They haven't stuck to the same format as last year though. Last year was tightly formatted with the rooms on Saturday and the arenas on Sunday. This year they are just showing all the rooms first so last night was just another rooms show and the Sunday show wasn't promoted well on air at all.

The fact it was swamped by disasters either side of it won't have helped. Last year the same show had a Corrie lead-in and a lead-out from Vera.

This is true. But it was on Saturday & Sunday like last year and people knew it was on both days. Many weeks on Sunday it didn't have a Corrie lead-in and still managed 9m. This is unusual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »

Agreed, that is a strong Sunday number, in fact the 2nd highest of the series (not counting the launch).
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,840
    Forum Member
    I wonder what Cowell will be aiming for? There's no way the show will hit the heights of his last year on the show, but I wonder what his target figures are? I'd assume he would be wanting 10m.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    TV Ratings UK
    Last night's #XFactor averaged 8.20m/34.9%, 1.3m lower than Saturday's first episode.

From a great Saturday number to a poor Sunday number. I assume it was promoted after Saturday's show, because that seems low.

That's a big drop. Not great. If I was Simon I'd be worried for Strictly next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Salv

Fri
    1773 (+1 96k)
    Sat
    1022 (+1 183k)
    Sun
    1738 (+1 218k)

Thanks. A fine example of a show bouncing back from a poor rating which may happen with The X Factor. Next Saturday's figure will be interesting.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    You've summed it up perfectly by saying it wasn't in the script and that certainly makes things more interesting!
    Definitely. Even I'm intrigued as to what's going to happen next weekend now which wasn't the case previously. I thought I already knew how it was going to pan out.
    The clash with the young skewing Through The Keyhole (and maybe Xtra Factor) probably dented it.
    Maybe. I still would have expected it to hold up better than that, though. But at least it bounced right back to the very top end of what it's been getting. James Jordan was worth every penny they paid him, as much as he irritates me.
    In fairness though, it didn't have much to beat did it?

Countryfile - old skewing, very different audience profile
    Dragons' Den - repeat
    Time Team Special - old skewing, very different audience profile
    World's Deadliest Storms - repeat
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Well I didn't see that decline coming for The X Factor. The show seemed to have received a decent response from Saturday and the competition was reasonable but not epic. It was left stranded in the schedule somewhat but it still should have done better than that.

That's the point. It should still have been over 9m anyway on a Sunday with more viewers and never needed a lead-in to do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An update from Yog.

Wednesday's Bake Off is now at 10.01m! :o
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    ronant reports on Twitter that last night's TXF was down -1.7m year-on-year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    ronant reports on Twitter that last night's TXF was down -1.7m year-on-year.

Lead in would have been about 6m higher last year and lead out 4m higher. Countryfile really seemed to hurt it. Leaving a programme that doesn't need negative press attention ratings-wise abandoned in the schedule was nothing short of crass stupidity.

But, despite this, it should have still rated better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Singing talent shows are on the down in general people are kind of over it. 8M still sounds pretty good given they are trying to find a popstar which requires putting through lot of teenagers. So then you have a show full of young kids but young audiences rather watch online tv.

And the audience who enjoys reality show will rather watch something with more adults or with celebrities like bake off or strictly. It is what it is. How many late teens and 20-somethings are buzzing about the show? 3 years ago they were willing to skip parties just to watch it. No matter how hard Cowell tries this show won't stay No.1. It's still making lot of money though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Lead in would have been about 6m higher last year and lead out 4m higher. Countryfile really seemed to hurt it. Leaving a programme that doesn't need negative press attention ratings-wise abandoned in the schedule was nothing short of crass stupidity.

But, despite this, it should have still rated better.

X Factor is weaker than we thought if it needs a big lead-in to manage 9m on a Sunday. Saturday's rating will be the telling one if it dips a fair bit from its launch overnight rating.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    An update from Yog.

Wednesday's Bake Off is now at 10.01m! :o

Wow :o Bake Off nearly as big as Xfactor who would have guessed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Singing talent shows are on the down in general people are kind of over it. 8M still sounds pretty good given they are trying to find a popstar which requires putting through lot of teenagers. So then you have a show full of young kids but young audiences rather watch online tv.

And the audience who enjoys reality show will rather watch something with more adults or with celebrities like bake off or strictly. It is what it is. How many late teens and 20-somethings are buzzing about the show? 3 years ago they were willing to skip parties just to watch it. No matter how hard Cowell tries this show won't stay No.1. It's still making lot of money though.

ITV have signed a three year deal for X Factor so it isn't going anywhere for now. It also continues to get large numbers in the youth demo which advertisers love, plus it will get a few acts that will shift records for a couple of years.

It's a cash cow for ITV and Syco.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,624
    Forum Member
    We really should say "The Great British Bake Off" reached 11 million if the Sunday repeat is added I guess. As for "The X Factor" its still ITV most popular show of the week, and its a 10 year old programme.
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite last night's drop from Saturday I still think X Factor has all the right things going for it this year and will bounce back as the weeks progress! I think this one will grow by word-of-mouth and be an unusual series in terms of ratings.

Don't think it was too obvious it was on Sunday too - I did think the 'Next Time' trailer on Saturday's show was wrongly placed, the date appearing AFTER not only the montage, but a lengthy plug for the X Factor App (time to switch off for many)

It's like a rebirth with the show this year. A lot of long-lost viewers will need to learn the format of Sat/Sun. Will take a bit of time to re-establish itself, but all the signs are there in the production IMO.

ITV should definitely just move Corrie to 7.30pm Sundays, anyway...
This discussion has been closed.