Options

Food Picture Thread

Comments

• Options
    LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love those mussles! What is the dip?

The dip was 1tsp Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, a squirt of spiced tomato ketchup.
    Usually I have fries with mussels, but I didn't have time and I had already had some this week, hence the bread. But it was nice too. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooo Degs, those Pizza's look sooo nice! Did you have people over? An awful lot of food lol

Chatte I love mussels, and those look great, I think I might make Moules Mariniere next weekend now :D

Daz I could of done with that breaky this morning, the bacon looks lovely and thick.

Yes, it's about time now to eat some mussels before the season ends at the end of April.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Love those mussles! What is the dip?
    The dip was 1tsp Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, a squirt of spiced tomato ketchup.
    Usually I have fries with mussels, but I didn't have time and I had already had some this week, hence the bread. But it was nice too. :)
    Was going to ask the same. Love a nice dip :)
    Needs a bit of garlic in it though :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And this mornings breakfast

Bacon, Mushrooms & overdone Omelette
    Do you have a sqeezy bottle Dazza? :p Very flash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Your pizzas look amazing Degs. How do you make your pizza base, it looks right up my street? And which cheese and tomato base do you use?
    Oooo Degs, those Pizza's look sooo nice! Did you have people over? An awful lot of food lol
    I had 3 slices out of that lot. The rest went to the other guys :)

Because I was making a big batch I used the recipe on the back of the tin.

Allison's Easy Bake Yeast
    Allison's Very Strong Bread Flour
    salt, sugar, olive oil, tepid water.

500g flour, 2tsp yeast, 1tsp sugar, 1tsp salt, olive oil.

x2. Got 4 large bases out of that (one was wasted because had no space to cook it :D)

I also cheated and bought a jar or ASDA rustico? pasata. They do a smooth one and a bitty one.

The cheese on the pepperoni was grated mozerella. The cheese on the veggie was mozerella & cheddar mix, the same on the chicken tikka but also with added tikka masala cheddar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Do you have a sqeezy bottle Dazza? :p Very flash.

Is it that obvious :o Gotta make the breakfasts look Michellin Star and all that :D

Been busy this afternoon, I've made our lass's dinner for work for the next couple of days

Roasted Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup

and tea was a

Pork and Sweet Soy stir fry w/ egg noodles
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yummm Dazza !

And Degsy, same goes for your pizza fest. :)
  • Options
    HazzaGrazzaHazzaGrazza Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today we had;

Slow cooked bolognese & home made spaghetti (care of my new pasta machine) :)

[URL="[IMG]http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr142/hazza_the_grazza/20120311_191129.jpg[/IMG]"]20120311_191129.jpg[/URL]
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today we had;

[URL="[IMG]http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr142/hazza_the_grazza/20120311_191129.jpg[/IMG]"]20120311_191129.jpg[/URL]

Yum:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today we had;

Looks great ! Is it a manual pasta machine ? I have one but it has rusted somewhat, so I bought an electric one a year ago. Still unpacked :o I also think it doesn't make pasta sheets, like for lasagne or ravioli :cry: , but it does make the dough for the pasta.

Our dinner tonight was ribs of lamb with couscous, salad of French beans with a mustard dressing and I made a little yoghurt/garlic sauce.
    dypvrt.jpg

I took 2 kg of ribs out of the freezer as I was expecting my brother and his family to turn up (which they do most Sundays). They didn't, so I slow roasted the ribs with a lot of spices and the I took them of the bone.
    They are now cooling down and will go back into the freezer for filling kebabs at a later date.
  • Options
    HazzaGrazzaHazzaGrazza Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks lovely Chatte, least you get to eat the rest yourself lol. :D

It's a manual pasta machine and a bit of a nightmare to use lol My worktops are too thick for the clamp so I have to hold it down with one arm and turn the rollers with the other haha

I also hung my fresh spaghetti on clothes hangers all over the kitchen :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I had the same problem with mine, but I moved it to the dining room table :o making sure there was something between the clamp and the table for it not to be ruined.

You could also appoint a volunteer (like the OH) to hold the machine while you turn and turn and turn the rollers.:D
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always fancied getting a pasta machine, but never got round to it, so homemade pasta is one thing I've never done:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may have posted something very like this in the past but can't remember. We haven't had a roast for a couple of months so today I cooked a roast beef lunch.

http://minus.com/mzVQcc7wC#1
  • Options
    LemonhunnyLemonhunny Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may have posted something very like this in the past but can't remember. We haven't had a roast for a couple of months so today I cooked a roast beef lunch.

http://minus.com/mzVQcc7wC#1

That beef looks absolutely sensational!

Made my mouth water despite having a roast lamb dinner earlier!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lemonhunny wrote: »
    That beef looks absolutely sensational!

Made my mouth water despite having a roast lamb dinner earlier!

Thank you. It's fillet. We have a very good local butcher and, whilst it's not cheap, it's only a tiny bit dearer than Tesco but so much better!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    >%....
    The cheese on the pepperoni was grated mozerella. The cheese on the veggie was mozerella & cheddar mix, the same on the chicken tikka but also with added tikka masala cheddar.

Tikka masala cheddar exists?! where can I buy this genius fusion? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you. It's fillet. We have a very good local butcher and, whilst it's not cheap, it's only a tiny bit dearer than Tesco but so much better!
    looks amazing

Today we had;

20120311_191129.jpg
    Is it that obvious :o Gotta make the breakfasts look Michellin Star and all that :D

Been busy this afternoon, I've made our lass's dinner for work for the next couple of days

Roasted Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Soup

and tea was a

Pork and Sweet Soy stir fry w/ egg noodles
    I fancy having some sort of noodle dish tonight now even though I have leftovers to eat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks great ! Is it a manual pasta machine ? I have one but it has rusted somewhat, so I bought an electric one a year ago. Still unpacked :o I also think it doesn't make pasta sheets, like for lasagne or ravioli :cry: , but it does make the dough for the pasta.

Our dinner tonight was ribs of lamb with couscous, salad of French beans with a mustard dressing and I made a little yoghurt/garlic sauce.
    dypvrt.jpg

I took 2 kg of ribs out of the freezer as I was expecting my brother and his family to turn up (which they do most Sundays). They didn't, so I slow roasted the ribs with a lot of spices and the I took them of the bone.
    They are now cooling down and will go back into the freezer for filling kebabs at a later date.
    Never had lamb ribs and spotted them for the first time in Morrisons the other day.
    Do you treat them similar to pork ribs then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had lamb ribs and spotted them for the first time in Morrisons the other day.
    Do you treat them similar to pork ribs then?

I guess. I made a dry rub (cumin, coriander, powdered ginger, cinnamon, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, turmeric, salt)
    Then put it in a preheated oven (160°C) covered with tinfoil until tender (1h 30m approx), before putting them under the grill to crisp up.
    They where very tender.

I've been making them for yonks though as it is one of the cuts that are relatively cheap here in Belgium. Any other part of lamb is rediculously expensive.

I believe in the UK and Ireland they often get sold as one piece and is known under the name of 'breast of lamb'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems silly but since I started posting pictures on this thread and eating home cooked food instead of takeaways I've lost 12lbs!! all hail the power of the food pictures thread!!:D

Saying that, I have no idea how I've lost any weight with tea's like tonights....

Dazza's All Day Breakfast :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems silly but since I started posting pictures on this thread and eating home cooked food instead of takeaways I've lost 12lbs!! all hail the power of the food pictures thread!!:D

Saying that, I have no idea how I've lost any weight with tea's like tonights....

Well done.
    Must say I am surprised. If I were to eat the type of food you have every day I would gain 12lbs in a week.:D
  • Options
    Hollywood1989Hollywood1989 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess. I made a dry rub (cumin, coriander, powdered ginger, cinnamon, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, turmeric, salt)
    Then put it in a preheated oven (160°C) covered with tinfoil until tender (1h 30m approx), before putting them under the grill to crisp up.
    They where very tender.

I've been making them for yonks though as it is one of the cuts that are relatively cheap here in Belgium. Any other part of lamb is rediculously expensive.

I believe in the UK and Ireland they often get sold as one piece and is known under the name of 'breast of lamb'
    Just been shopping and picked up a pack of individual ribs.
    They have 3 types.
    Rolled breast of lamb (boneless)
    Breast of lamb (or rack of ribs)
    Lamb ribs (individual ribs off the bone)

Will cook them up on wednesday night when the boys come round to watch the footy.