Options

Did this show produce a single star?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is forgetting about Becky Hill. It will probably take her longer than the others, but her management is keeping her busy and she has been doing a lot of writing and recording lately. She has the same management as Jessie so it will be interesting to see where that takes her. Don't sleep on her yet, she is coming for it soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Everyone is forgetting about Becky Hill. It will probably take her longer than the others, but her management is keeping her busy and she has been doing a lot of writing and recording lately. She has the same management as Jessie so it will be interesting to see where that takes her. Don't sleep on her yet, she is coming for it soon.

Sjp07 they will wake up when becky comes on the scene sometime early next year, ;) Good comments there.:):cool:
  • Options
    drwhorudrwhoru Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    what happened to the winner?

as with all these shows there will be talented individuals who for some reason do go on to have commercial success, arguing between the acts on the voice and x factor is pointless.

also the banality of suggesting that someone who writes their own material is better or more credible than someone who sings songs written by others is a joke.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grace250 wrote: »
    It amazes me how some people know everything...we haven't even heard any of the material that most of the finalists have been working on!

Maybe you would like to tell me where Leanne's flopped winners single charted. :D

TV UK won't produce stars none of last series lot will be heard of in an years time. There's a huge difference between doing well and being successful the music business is tough they have a long way to go before making it.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Tyler James, Vince Kidd and Bo Bruce are stars in the making. Just give it a bit of time and they'll be very successful.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Tyler James, Vince Kidd and Bo Bruce are stars in the making. Just give it a bit of time and they'll be very successful.

You can't see them but there's some flying pigs going past my window right now. :p
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    You can't see them but there's some flying pigs going past my window right now. :p
    One DIRECTION took one year to get their first single out and look how successful they have become. Let's give that trio some time and lets not write them off already. They are very talented and could deservedly have chart success in the future.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Maybe you would like to tell me where Leanne's flopped winners single charted. :D

TV UK won't produce stars none of last series lot will be heard of in an years time. There's a huge difference between doing well and being successful the music business is tough they have a long way to go before making it.

This will be the winners wingle that had 1 performance as a promotion and Reggie said once to the viewers that it would be avaliable the next day.

Seriously if you're going troll or bitch about a show, at least look into the circumstances of the events - or is it simply the facts of the situation dont fit with your blinkered view?

How many of the Series 1 XF stars do we hear of now.... barring the a bitch from Steve here and there - nothing... same with Series 2 really and barring Leona same with Series 3... and Series 4 of the XF :D
  • Options
    Grace250Grace250 Posts: 150
    Forum Member

If you actually read the point I made that you replied to, you'd see that I said material they have been working on - not a cover that was probably chosen for them to quickly record, with a cheap backing track and then not promoted.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO its far too early to call on the acts from The Voice, give it another 6 months and then we'll have a better idea, if any of them are successful. I suspect we will see TYler and Leanne's albums before Christmas, Bo & Vince's in 2013.

There seem to be a fair amount of X Factor fans on here having a go... thing is the X factor doesnt have a great track record either does it??
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »

There seem to be a fair amount of X Factor fans on here having a go... thing is the X factor doesnt have a great track record either does it??

And has 8 series against The Voices 1 :)
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Pointless thread, nobody has had material out yet so how can you say it hasn't produced a star, if some people have a magical crystal ball can they please tell me what Friday's lottery numbers are :rolleyes: Leanne's 'single' wasn't really a single and was marketed as a 'performance' on Itunes and she is now preparing an album with Andrew Lloyd Webers son and the rest are busy working and writing (of which all 4 finalists write their own material which is more than can be said of most X Factor puppets) in the studio and gigging, y'know what real, credible musicians do when its not handed on plate :cool: Ok, rant over :p
  • Options
    drwhorudrwhoru Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    and the rest are busy working and writing (of which all 4 finalists write their own material which is more than can be said of most X Factor puppets) in the studio and gigging, y'know what real, credible musicians do when its not handed on plate :cool: Ok, rant over :p

this is such a pointless thing to say.

do you believe that they will not have songwriters helping them?, and composers and producers and choreographers and stylists? and i thought it was all about the voice anyway?

i'd suggest that all singers write their own material; it's just that most aren't any good at it!
  • Options
    EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does seem much too early to call. I don't know whether Amelia Lily from last year's X Factor will attain anything like stardom, but her first single just out has certainly made quite a splash which will have come as a surprise to some of us... well, to me anyway ;) No axe to grind here, I lost interest in both last year's XF and The Voice at pretty much the same stage, with the elimination of the last contestants to engage me (Janet Devlin and Becky Hill).
  • Options
    XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    You want that s***e? - Go watch X Factor, The Voice takes a more realistic approach, it doesn't happen overnight.

Who mentioned anything about overnight success you absolute loon? You think an act is a star over a few public appearances? Weirdo. As I said in my previous post, I don't think any of them can be branded as stars until they've done anything or have been a success with there music.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Tyler will probably be the first to release his single (out early October, album 22 October). The video is already out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNxxTKWAd50

Posted a separate thread about this on the forum too. I hope it will do will, like the track a lot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    We'll be able to tell who the stars are by who get the gigs to swicth on town centre christmas lights. X factor contestants have tended to bottle it up for quite a while, maybe they have a 'swicth the lights on' mentor which gives them an advantage.

:)