Options

Perhaps the campaign to evict Winston was a mistake?

jsg34jsg34 Posts: 56
Forum Member
I think that Helen won because of a split in the vote between Ashleigh and Christopher.

Perhaps if Winston hadn't been evicted, he would have split the vote and Helen wouldn't have won!

Comments

• Options
    ElvispartacusElvispartacus Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totally agree
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why i was glad Chris didn't get evicted last week. If he had, all of Chris's fans would have voted for Ashleigh and she would have walked it.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted him to stay.
  • Options
    big_ermbig_erm Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Mark if he was in the final .. Helen would of had less votes
  • Options
    Wrestling_fanWrestling_fan Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad he went, I pocketed £65 and this was always gonna be the last BB I watched.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    So in theory, DS ruined it for themselves. Perfect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    This is why i was glad Chris didn't get evicted last week. If he had, all of Chris's fans would have voted for Ashleigh and she would have walked it.

I agree. Even though Chris only came 5th he definitely got more than 1.2% of the vote and that would have made all the difference. :D
  • Options
    yhtrownuyhtrownu Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree OP. I wanted Winston to stay, though I did understand the motivations of the vote Winston out campaign.
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    jsg34 wrote: »
    I think that Helen won because of a split in the vote between Ashleigh and Christopher.

Perhaps if Winston hadn't been evicted, he would have split the vote and Helen wouldn't have won!

Never thought of this. Good point.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Pretty much evicting all of Helen's HM friends who went on to support her told their fans (who could be bothered) to vote for her lol so yeah, the campaigns failed big time haha
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I said that earlier in the week and was told I was talking nonsense. Perhaps I wasn't ;-)
  • Options
    magpi99magpi99 Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Helen haters cost themselves a win for Ashleigh or Christopher. Something they should dwell on, but hating is so appealing I doubt they will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I certainly didn't want Helen to win - I wanted Christopher to win.

But I do think that some of the campaigns by Ashleigh fans to get certain people out has backfired on them!
  • Options
    EssentialParadoEssentialParado Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    If Winston hadn't been evicted Helen would not have won. Simple as that. The Ashleigh fans effectively sent Helen to the winning podium.
  • Options
    ButBut Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think betting syndicates have made a lot of money out of Helen and Winston
  • Options
    Wrestling_fanWrestling_fan Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, people wanted Winston out. Helen won because people fell for the - she's been on a journey - crap, shoved down our throats this week.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I said in another post that voting out all but 2 of the 'cool kids' was, ironically, going to help Helen...especially as the other surviving cool kid was 'laid back' to the point of tedium.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Winston hadn't been evicted Helen would not have won. Simple as that. The Ashleigh fans effectively sent Helen to the winning podium.

I agree because I can imagine when Winston was evicted it pissed of the production team no end. They must have been aware of the amount of revenue they'd lose not having him in the final. Therefore they pushed Helen's redemption arc in the last week, assasinated Ashleigh and made Christopher invisable. That way all fanbases would panic and vote. It worked. We were duped into doing it. It was thier revenge on us.

These campaigns are dangerous moves.

I still think the result tonight was absolutely ridiculous though and the death of BB imo. I don't care if she was entertaining. A vile bully should never be rewarded £100 grand. What sort of example does that set? Gone are the days of Kate Lawler and Rachel Rice - two inspirational females win a show.

Oh well BB did me a favour tonight. After 14 years of watching, I'm done. They've made it so easy for me.
  • Options
    dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it didn't help
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston was a worthy sacrifice for Team Helen.
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't get it. Surely the vote would have split even more and it would have been any bodies win.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    FOZ! wrote: »
    So in theory, DS ruined it for themselves. Perfect.

They didn't learn from last year. Ginxter beat Sam but Sam won BB.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't say that. This time last week hardly anyone thought Helen would win, and look what's happened in the last week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member

Yes, as I and others pointed out at the time, it was a tactical error on a variety of fronts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing is people go on about fixes by the producers, but groups of fans have been trying to fix the result themselves! And then they don't like it when it backfires on them.