Gazza - in hospital after another drinking binge!

GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
Forum Member
I know it pointless thread, but the Sun got so horrible photo of drunk Gazza, as here;

http://i.imgur.com/zdOAFEr.jpg

And here the news he in the hospital.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/gazza-hospital-only-hours-after-7647555

But sadly it also means that his ex-wife and step-daughter will be in the public again! :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no :( today I'd heard he had signed for a Sunday football team, thought he was doing well.
  • Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My God. Those photos ARE horrible. :(
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's going to die. Gives me no joy to say this, but fact is, he loves the bottle more than life, and there's no helping him.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit I've been expecting RIP Gazza for the last few years but he always seems to hang on in there.

Surely his luck has got to run out soon?
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Oh my God, those pictures are really disturbing, as someone who watched a friend self destruct and drink themselves to death (34yrs old) I fear Paul is heading down this path and I would be surprised if he makes it to 2020 :(
    Alcoholism is on a par with Heroin addiction, a physical dependency which culminates in 'cold turkey' symptoms until you can either muster the strength to withdraw or, as usually happens, hit the bottle again as the withdrawal symptoms are to horrendous to bear.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    I know it pointless thread, but the Sun got so horrible photo of drunk Gazza, as here;

Jesus! :eek:
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Oh my God, those pictures are really disturbing, as someone who watched a friend self destruct and drink themselves to death (34yrs old) I fear Paul is heading down this path and I would be surprised if he makes it to 2020 :(
    Alcoholism is on a par with Heroin addiction, a physical dependency which culminates in 'cold turkey' symptoms until you can either muster the strength to withdraw or, as usually happens, hit the bottle again as the withdrawal symptoms are to horrendous to bear.

I'm so sorry for your friend 34 years is no age at all to die from the horrors of an addiction to drink,
    Unfortunately I now think like you Gazza will go the same way,he's so far into this horrible illness I cannot see him surviving for any length of time now,
    I don't believe he's ever really been sober for any length of time for soo long now- longer than most people believe that it sounds to me that Gazza has given up too :(
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll patch him up and send him home. So sad.

Oh, actually, it's worse than that. He may not have a 'home' to go to if the stories about him being evicted are true.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    There isn't much more to be said, it's like Daniella Westbrook and heroin, just nothing seems to stop them. It's sad but what else is there to say?
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,175
    Forum Member
    tony-w wrote: »

I know just how you feel, my partner died of cirrhosis of the liver at just 29. By the time he went into hospital he had destroyed 75% of his liver, and he died just six days later.
    Although it was 38 years ago, I still remember that awful last evening when I visited him in hospital to be informed by the doctors that he wouldn't survive the night. :(
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has looked very well lately and seemed to be reconciled and happy with his family. Looks like he has been drinking for 3 weeks, the decline in him in that short time is truly horrific. One half of me has no sympathy for him, but the other half of me recognises that he is in the grip of an addiction that I am sure if he could, he would walk away from. I fear that his story will have an unhappy ending. His family must despair. Where does he get his money from? Surely his divorce settlement and the lack of employment would have wiped out his money now. He is being evicted from a luxury apartment in Sandbanks, where he has been living for the past 3 months. The eviction is for noise rather than non-payment of rent so he has the funds. (He has just signed to play for a Sunday league, so no money will come from that.)
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Really sad news, even sadder is, it's looking more & more likely that his addiction is going to beat him. Such a waste, poor guy.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    He's going to die. Gives me no joy to say this, but fact is, he loves the bottle more than life, and there's no helping him.

Exactly what I thought. He looks at death's door in that photo
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't much more to be said, it's like Daniella Westbrook and heroin, just nothing seems to stop them. It's sad but what else is there to say?

She's addicted to cocaine, not heroin.

& that first picture of Gazza should be used as anti alcohol education in schools. He looks like a corpse:(
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( I thought he was starting to get his life back on track, especially after signing for the football team. I hate saying this but the way he's going he'll be lucky to live another 5 years.
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a bottle of gin or something in his hand too?
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

He looks about 90 :o:o
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    chandlerp wrote: »
    Is that a bottle of gin or something in his hand too?

It's bottle of gin. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    My word, he looks terrible. And that manager who signed him to play for a Sunday League team is using him for a stunt. Like Gazza is in any fit state to play football.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing the photo, looks like Gazza's a goner alright. I'm afraid that he might not live to see this year out. :(
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think peace can't come soon enough for this man.

I honestly think that if they wanted it, and knew they couldn't go on, a little shot in the arm to help someone in this state float away gently and peacefully like you would with your beloved pet, would be kinder than patching them up and watching them struggle, only to end up back at hospital or on the street next day or week.

Then again he could be fine as he is, and just look worse than he feels. He's like Pete Doherty, a creaking gate that just keeps hanging on.

It's really sad to see someone decline like this.
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »

I honestly think that if they wanted it, and knew they couldn't go on, a little shot in the arm to help someone in this state float away gently and peacefully like you would with your beloved pet, would be kinder than patching them up and watching them struggle, only to end up back at hospital or on the street next day or week.

Then again he could be fine as he is, and just look worse than he feels. He's like Pete Doherty, a creaking gate that just keeps hanging on.

Harsh, but fair.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pete's never going to be the image of health exactly, but he's had a very good year. Maybe it's still being able to do the job that he loves that's helping Pete, and sadly Gazza is in no state to do his :(
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with Gascoigne is, he's been give chance after chance after chance after chance by family, friends and media alike... and each time, he's thrown it back in their faces by going back on the bottle again. I think he's run out of people who are willing to give him the kind of help he needs (this taxi driver seems to be in it for publicity and nothing else). On current evidence (and yes, the camera can lie), he's going to die, and relatively soon. Could see Christmas, but maybe not Christmas 2015. It may be the only way he's going to achieve any peace.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's a controversial point of view but I couldn't agree more.