Favourite doctor who moment

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
Forum Member
Mine has to be the bit in gotd when the fourth doctor is debating whether to blow up the dalkes.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is gotd?
    Mine is when River and The Doctor finally kissed. It had been something I had been waiting for. 3 years down the line it was defiantly worth it.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Top 3 moments are all in Matt Smith's tenure.
    3. Start of A Good Man Goes to War: Entire cyber legion blows up, Rory: "Would you like me to repeat the question?"

2. The whole "Hello Stonehenge!" speech. It was rather epic

1. Finally, my overall favourite: The most epic 5 minutes in Doctor Who history, in Day of the Moon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    genesis of the daleks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    The Dalek escape in Dalek.
    That's what they should be. Tanks, able to exterminate hundreds with ease.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    The opening music of the very first episode back in 1963, even watching it now you can't help but think wow!
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the cliffhanger at the end of Horror of Fang Rock part three, when the Doctor realizes he's been monumentally stupid and locked himself and Leela inside the lighthouse with a shape changing killer alien.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    City Of Death when The Doctor first meets Scarlioni(or Scoroth):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Any scene where the daleks are barking out orders:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the pre 2005 series, it has to be when the first Doctor says goodbye to his grandaughter, Susan. From the new series it has to be when Matt says to the Atraxi - "Hello,i'm the Doctor. Basically..........Run!:D:D
  • doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,018
    Forum Member
    Ooh hard, plenty to choose from:

Classic: Doctor's Homo Sapiens speech in Ark in Space

Nu: Rose and 9 at the end of Parting of the Ways

Then again these choices would change almost on a daily basis!
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    "Hello, I'm the Doctor. Basically...run"
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Amy appearing inside the Pandorica at the start of The Big Bang.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    brain of morbius,,, the doctor and sarah jane under an umbrealla, pouring rain,,, "do you have a glass of water" not sure of the exact words,, but it was and still is a funy, gothic et al.... bruhahahhhhh
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Start of A Good Man Goes to War: Entire cyber legion blows up, Rory: "Would you like me to repeat the question?"

That's way up on my list - it was perfect.

In the last couple of series - the final scene with Canton and Nixon hit the mark for me - I howled with genuine laughter at the look on Nixon's face at the end.

In 2005+...

I loved Tennant winking after he crashed the horse through the mirror.

Donna's - "You Just Want To MATE!!!" line.

Mickey telling his dotty old gran that he's Ricky - sweet.

Best for me though - probably my favourite ever scene in the entire history of DW - Wilf in the front-gunner seat in End of Time. That, to me, summed up what the Doctor really does - he brings out the hero in the people around him.
  • Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    26 March 2005 - Doctor Who came back on the air
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    sorry, i have to jump in on this one. ( i did not find a thread)... space (canada) is replaying david tennant's series,,
    I really do not like what happended to Donna--- this is my second view of this episode not good she did not deserve that...
    yes, I do know how "some" of you felt about her.... but was it ok? I mean the end moral? lost? a memory ? too darn easy? get rid of her?

It is almost like this series , but the doctor is not erasing/ twiggy timey thing ,
    or is he?
    I have an interesting theory.... by the way I am going to leave you with this,, just think, ponder,, nice cold beer. ham sandwich ,toes in the grass, think,, one thought,, is the explantion too darn easy?
    have a happy summer--
    another thought I hope nadal wins --
  • Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    marcie wrote: »
    sorry, i have to jump in on this one. ( i did not find a thread)... space (canada) is replaying david tennant's series,

G'day eh. What part of the great white north are you from?
  • Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, it's the whole of Ark in Space for me. I don't quite understand why I love that story so much tbh. If I have to narrow it down to a fave bit, it's actually the opening few scenes where they are trying to get around the automated defence system.
  • PFKA EBPFKA EB Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New incarnation fave has to be in response to House, "Fear me Ive killed hundreds of time lords" and he responds "Fear me, I killed them all"
    Even tho CE has been the best and sadly too short lived of the modern doctors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLTeRv0dfjo

The laugh at the end gets me every time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AGMGTW... The Doctors Victory.