"Menu-ise" your current meal.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭
All you have to do is take your current meal, no matter how bland or boring, and describe it how it would appear on a restaurant menu.

Ie- Beans on Toast:

Succulent Haricot beans, marinated in a rich, sweet tomato sauce and pan-heated to the perfect temperature. Served on sliced wholemeal bread, lightly coated with freshly chilled butter.

Comments

• DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jobbio wrote: »
    All you have to do is take your current meal, no matter how bland or boring, and describe it how it would appear on a restaurant menu.

Ie- Beans on Toast:

Succulent Haricot beans, marinated in a rich, sweet tomato sauce and pan-heated to the perfect temperature. Served on sliced wholemeal bread, lightly coated with freshly chilled butter.

heh heh i love it!!!! I HATE the pretentious bollocks written on menus, gordon ramsay books an magazines like Olive

erm,

Tender pork cubes marinated in a mediterranean combo of garlic, lemon juice and herbs, accompanied by strips of green, red and yellow capsicum, onion and baby button mushrooms - grilled over a naked flame

Fresh baby rocket and lambs lettuce tossed with chipped cucumber and finely diced salad onions, simply drizzled* with extra extra virgin olive oil.

Beer

*the most pretentious frickin word out there...
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Succulent hand-reared Hampshire chicken breasts pan-fried in a Seville orange jus, served on a bed of sticky Basmati rice and garnished with organic peppery rocket dressed with a Provencal vinaigrette.

i.e. marmalade chicken and salad. :p
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant :( i'm crap at selling stuff.

Its roast freee range chicken, chips and seasoned locally sourced asparagus spears with a touch of lemon.
  • ClunkClunk Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A plump, succulent breast of chicken, filleted and 'drizzled' with crushed garlic, chopped parsley and light olive oil,enrobed in fine breadcumbs and grilled to perfection. Served on a bed of crispy fried, country style potato wedges and our chef's choice of seasonal vegetables

(chicken kiev, chips and frozen peas !)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    les frites de bâtonnets de poisson et les petits pois avec la tartine de pain beurré blanche.

Oh, avec une tasse de thé
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    les frites de bâtonnets de poisson et les petits pois avec la tartine de pain beurré blanche.

ha hahhahaa!!! guess your place is michelin starred then :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    ha hahhahaa!!! guess your place is michelin starred then :p

LOL, I actually sat watching BB with a beer and some hummus "avec" dipping things!!

just felt like typing a "del-boy" type tea!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    birds eye finest free range chicken bits with carrot sliver and peas in wine gravy in a pastry. with mashed potatoes with best butter and cream.

I wish it had been like that as well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shredded seasoned savoy cabbage fried in full fat country butter with crispy dry cure Co Down bacon. Baby new Comber potatoes bursting from their skins and drizzled in melted butter and salt. ( A heartattack on a plate)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tender cumin marinated lamb chunks and dice of succulent market salad drizzled with a garlic-yoghurt emulsion accented with pressed chilli and encased in an artisan flatbread.

Aka Friday Night Kebab!

:p:D

Er I mean Thursday Night Kebab...
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spicy pressed pork terrine served with baton cut Maris Peer potatoes and a timbale of haricot tomate.
    Better known as.....

Spam, chips and beans!!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had half a pack of ravioli bought as 2 for £2.50 so I got a meal for 62.5p. The oil, parmesan and herbs I added probably cost more than that. At that price it sells itself. It wasn't bad either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thick slices of rustic farmhouse bread, lightly griddled then smothered in a generous helping of summer fruit preserve.

----

Toast and jam.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinly sliced postato, lightly fried in low fat sunflower oil til crispy and golden, tossed in fine sprinklings of bacon, sealed in a keep fresh foil pack.

Bacon crisps.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Succulent sheets of fresh egg pasta, layered between eight week old hung ground Aberdeen Steak infused with a blend of aromatic mediterannean herbs, vine ripened tomatoes, smoothered in a lucious bechamel sauce with a delicate dusting of hand grated parmesan accompanied by a serving of oven roasted hand carved potato pieces, tossed in extra virgin olive oil seasoned generously with sea salt and black pepper.

aka lasagne and chips :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Succulent sheets of fresh egg pasta, layered between eight week old hung ground Aberdeen Steak infused with a blend of aromatic mediterannean herbs, vine ripened tomatoes, smoothered in a lucious bechamel sauce with a delicate dusting of hand grated parmesan accompanied by a serving of oven roasted hand carved potato pieces, tossed in extra virgin olive oil seasoned generously with sea salt and black pepper.

aka lasagne and chips :D

Pure genius. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Lightly Salted Corn Crisps served with a tomato salsa!
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wafer-thin wholegrain rye crispy breads topped with toasted seeds and grains, smothered with a vegetable and yeast flavoured spread.

Ryvitas and Marmite

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slowly fermented, crushed, organic, green, seedless grapes

a glass of white!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Individual hand grilled crouton with jus du beurre.
    Buttered toast. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fish fingers, chips, peas and bread and butter. Washed down with a cuppa. :D
  • simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fresh Scottish cod nessled between two slices of fresh maris piper potato, Deep fried in beef dripping with crisp golden batter, seasoned with sea salt,then drissled with non-brewed condiment. placed in between a individual floured bread roll. Customised with house sauce

Fish scollop in bread cob with salt and vinegar and ketchup from the chip shop LOL
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Great fun idea for a thread!

Hand sliced, freshly baked Farmhouse bread with a lightly floured crust, toasted until golden brown and lavishly spread with pure Cornish butter, direct from the Dairy.

A full bodied blend of exotic tea from faraway lands, steeped in just-boiled spring water, sweetened with a sprinkling of pure white cane sugar and with a splash of whole milk to taste.

(Cuppa tea and a slice of toast and butter!)
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Charred leavened bread squares drizzled with confit de fraises

Toast and jam!