Possible 12th Doctor Announcement tomorrow?

CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
Forum Member
✭✭
at least according to this guy.
Declan May ‏@Declan_May 3h
A little birdy tells me that the actor/actress chosen for the 12th Doctor will be announced tomorrow. No idea who #doctorwho #12thDoctor

He also says it's not Ben Daniels.

Comments

• tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, very exciting. I do sort of hope it's not Ben Daniels because then I won't really be surprised when it's announced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)i know its peter kay , he be brill
    with some garlic bread, the more i think of it , yes and i seen it on ternet

ax
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

:cry:I really want it be Ben Daniels.

I just hope that it is an older actor as I don't think they can go any younger or even the same age as you get into that situation of "Will they won't they".
  • MirelaMirela Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

Chris Addison maybe? His name cropped up just recently when Paloma Faith tweeted that her friend who works on Doctor Who told her it was him. I don't follow her but I saw the tweet in a search I did there.

Whoever it is, I want it to be someone older than me again (I'm 32).
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its' James Fleet.
    But then again it could be someone else!
  • GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's that poster from Wales who heard rumours about a guy called Peter Stray being cast? I can picture Moffat casting the most obscure actor possible just to troll everybody. :p
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    It will almost certainly be someone nobody has suggested.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is an announcement, I bet it'll be at midnight again! Why does it have to be then, why not 6pm or 10pm instead? Anyone know a reason for the midnight fetish?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GilaGora wrote: »
    Where's that poster from Wales who heard rumours about a guy called Peter Stray being cast? I can picture Moffat casting the most obscure actor possible just to troll everybody. :p

So it could be this bloke then......

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1884065/
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirela wrote: »
    If there is an announcement, I bet it'll be at midnight again! Why does it have to be then, why not 6pm or 10pm instead? Anyone know a reason for the midnight fetish?

I think it's because it's the earliest they can announce it on that specific date.
  • GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    So it could be this bloke then......

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1884065/

We'll have to wait and see. That poster could've just been on a wind-up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GilaGora wrote: »
    We'll have to wait and see. That poster could've just been on a wind-up.

As long as HE is the right person, I don't mind who it is.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope its the ginger bloke from harry potter
  • HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope its the ginger bloke from harry potter

You might want to narrow that down a bit. There was a family of the buggers :D
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can they have done auditions and everything so fast? They've obviously known for ages, unless they decided in 2010 and hoped whoever it is would still be available, which I doubt. :confused:
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can they have done auditions and everything so fast? They've obviously known for ages, unless they decided in 2010 and hoped whoever it is would still be available, which I doubt. :confused:

The claim that Ben Daniels was set for months then pulled out a few days ago is still very suspect.

For it to be announced tomorrow, either it never was Ben Daniels, Ben Daniels is still in the running or they have cast a new 12 incredibly quickly - perhaps a Doctor-in-Waiting :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I don't know who it is, but it's NOT Ben Daniels."

Anyone spot the flaw in that logic? ;)
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Please excuse my ignorance but who is this person and what does he have to do with Doctor Who?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I think it's because it's the earliest they can announce it on that specific date.

Ah I see. Thanks for that, I admit I wasn't thinking of it that way, rather how late it was!
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Please excuse my ignorance but who is this person and what does he have to do with Doctor Who?

AFAIK nobody with any proven provenance as a spoiler hound, basically just some guy.....but that's great, it's the game everyone can play!

The new Doctor is Jack Davenport who will be announced during the innings break between Australia and England tomorrow - remember you heard it here first, and whilst we're talking can I interest you in this finest quality plywood double glazing?
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    AFAIK nobody with any proven provenance as a spoiler hound, basically just some guy.....but that's great, it's the game everyone can play!

The new Doctor is Jack Davenport who will be announced during the innings break between Australia and England tomorrow - remember you heard it here first, and whilst we're talking can I interest you in this finest quality plywood double glazing?

Awesome!

I have it on good authority that they've cast a tin of spam. It was going to be a tin of pilchards but they pulled out at the last minute.

Thanks for the offer of some fine quality double glazing. I would take you up on it but I've already heavily invested in the rubber brick company.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A voice in my head told me that The Twelfth Doctor will be announced yesterday and will in fact be Steven Moffat himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Crazy as it sounds, but Steve John Sheppard left Eastenders..

Hes a good actor and not very known like other EE stars..:):)
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DICKENS99 wrote: »

DiscoP wrote: »
    Awesome!

I have it on good authority that they've cast a tin of spam. It was going to be a tin of pilchards but they pulled out at the last minute.

Thanks for the offer of some fine quality double glazing. I would take you up on it but I've already heavily invested in the rubber brick company.
    I can't afford any double glazing, I accidentally gave all my bank details to someone in Nigeria.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Queen confirmed as 12th Doctor.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMK-U6vCMAAO0Eu.jpg