Emma Willis is annoying me more than I ever thought possible!

Comments

• Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the whole episode on Dailymotion and Hazel did not threaten him in any way, she was being rather annoying but he made it sinister and there is no disputing that! BB called him to the DR for that very reason! Anyone who was watching should realise this!
    She did hit him though with the pillow repeatedly and also pulled his shorts down. We all know what Daley done, it's been reported enough but Hazels behaviour goes under reported.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morgan66 wrote: »
    When they're ready to move on from it, not when they're told to.
    It will get tiring enough I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I usually like Emma but not sure what to make of her at the moment, I am hoping she was keeping to script and that the things she said were not her personal opinions as I was disgusted with her bias.
  • Morgan66Morgan66 Posts: 1,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    She did hit him though with the pillow repeatedly and also pulled his shorts down. We all know what Daley done, it's been reported enough but Hazels behaviour goes under reported.

Lol, the shorts pulling definitely hasn't been under reported :D
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, let's see who's right when Hazel comes out then, shall we? I don't think I'll be proven too wrong! :cool:

You will undoubtedly be shown to be off the mark due to bias, but I have little hope of you acknowledging it

You said it yourself , you're over invested (WTTE)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morgan66 wrote: »
    Lol, the shorts pulling definitely hasn't been under reported :D
    But it's important in the context. I still think both should have gone. Not had my mind changed on that.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    You will undoubtedly be shown to be off the mark due to bias, but I have little hope of you acknowledging it

You said it yourself , you're over invested (WTTE)

You sound so sure, but why do you have so little hope me acknowledging it? I don't think it will be an issue, but if I feel I was wrong I will admit it! But I seriously cannot, after tonight's display of obvious sympathy towards Daley and Katie, see that they will give Hazel a fair chance! But a week is a long time in BB, so we'll see!

By the way what is WTTE?? :confused:
  • Jakone-BeeJakone-Bee Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She also said it was 50/50. What a load of bollox!

What Daley did to Hazel was far worse and that's why he got the boot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would think she would have went with the opinion of the producers because they kept her in and called it 60-40 in terms of Daley.
  • sweetie939sweetie939 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

We saw what she did but the difference is she was just playing around, he seemed to be getting nasty at the end. And she did get a formal warning.

Do you really think their behaviour was equally as bad?! Him pinning her down and the language was far worse than anything she did.

Another point that you're missing is that although there is gender equality in society, there can never be gender equality when a fight is occurring. Hazel slapping him on the bum is not the same as him giving her a hard slap on hers because he can do more damage
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You sound so sure, but why do you have so little hope me acknowledging it? I don't think it will be an issue, but if I feel I was wrong I will admit it! But I seriously cannot, after tonight's display of obvious sympathy towards Daley and Katie, see that they will give Hazel a fair chance! But a week is a long time in BB, so we'll see!

By the way what is WTTE?? :confused:

I feel that way because you are (or appear) quite polarised.

As you say a week is a long time. I hope you get less bothered by it
    Words To That Effect -sorry I thought that was well used in here. I didn't intend to confuse :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    I feel that way because you are (or appear) quite polarised.

As you say a week is a long time. I hope you get less bothered by it
    Words To That Effect -sorry I thought that was well used in here. I didn't intend to confuse :)

Ooops, sorry, I should have known that, I'm not completely familiar with all the abbreviations! :o

I will never be less bothered by the threat of violence being leniently dealt with, so if that makes me "polarised" then that's what I am! I am just glad that I have never had to deal with the likes of Daley, and whatever people say or think about Hazel and her behaviour (which they are quite entitled to do), imo she was lucky she was in the BB house that night and not alone! And Daley's attitude on BOTS tonight just confirmed that opinion!
  • DeccaQuinneDeccaQuinne Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma was excusing violence against women.

I won't be able to get past her saying 'Hazel was happy to flirt' - as if that meant Hazel should just accept that girl's who flirt deserve violent attacks.

I thought she was better than that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma was excusing violence against women.

I won't be able to get past her saying 'Hazel was happy to flirt' - as if that meant Hazel should just accept that girl's who flirt deserve violent attacks.

I thought she was better than that.

Exactly! This is the whole point of this thread! How she got away with saying that is just (to me anyway) unbelievable! :eek:
  • sweetie939sweetie939 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Exactly! This is the whole point of this thread! How she got away with saying that is just (to me anyway) unbelievable! :eek:

I was shocked about Emma condoning that behaviour too!

However, I do think a lot goes on behind the scenes and what the presenters say is often what they may be told to say - they have to take a neutral stance.

The producers chose Daley and Hazel as a couple to go in the safe house, then viewers voted them in, so the producers are partly to blame for putting them together in the first place. Also, they chose Daley as a contestant on the show and he could be potentially at risk of being attacked outside the house over his behaviour, which would be partly their fault. So I think what they are doing is trying to let him have his say and pick out the positives of the situation to avoid any problems and lawsuits etc.

I do think with an issue as serious as this they might be shooting themselves in the foot a bit for being neutral though, because they might get complaints from viewers.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    But at least Hazel admitted she deserved her warning and took it on the chin! Daley ranted and raved about getting removed and blamed her for it, but of course that bit was left out of the highlights! So maybe a grip of the blatant bias shown towards him is required by some! The end!
    Yes, I know, that was discussed on here already today but tonight they showed him just leaving apparently without uttering a word which was just so misleading to anyone who hadn't seen BOTS last night! The way he ranted on about her was very telling! And now he has got the backing of this show to boot! Makes me sick!
    I think you're getting confused, they did show this on the Highlight show (on Monday's Highlight show, it wasn't on BOTS):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwC7C6MZ5k&has_verified=1&t=40m17s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweetie939 wrote: »
    We saw what she did but the difference is she was just playing around, he seemed to be getting nasty at the end. And she did get a formal warning.

Do you really think their behaviour was equally as bad?! Him pinning her down and the language was far worse than anything she did.

Another point that you're missing is that although there is gender equality in society, there can never be gender equality when a fight is occurring. Hazel slapping him on the bum is not the same as him giving her a hard slap on hers because he can do more damage
    Any slap or punch can do damage. Just depends on what area. If you can't see how her behaviour was awful, then it's a lose cause.

No one is saying Daley was right.
  • TomAceTomAce Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    I gotta say, I'm disappointed in Emma tonight. His first excuse, "I was hungry." She should have called him up on that bit alone. He apologised for all the women who were offended. What about the guys? I'm not the only one that's sickened by what he did, am I? He put his hand around her throat, he held her down on the bed, he threatened her. I've seen violent men, I've seen how some women react to that. And the opposite happens too. There is never any excuse to behave like that towards a male or female. He was kicked out for a good reason, he shouldn't have been allowed the opportunity to blame his behaviour on Hazel, the alcohol, or his hunger.

As for Emma, I really can't believe what I've watched. Stroking the ego of a violent ****. She may as well have said, "She led you on, she pulled your boxers down, she slapped you on the ass first, she deserved a strangle. And a good nutin'." Shocked and saddened by her interview with Daley tonight. I don't care what struggles he's had in his life, that is no excuse for what he did, or said he would do, to anyone.

This says just about all I wanted to say. Nice one.
  • AJ_is_HOTAJ_is_HOT Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh go away, she done great.
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    I don't ever want to watch her interview anyone again. I feel disgusted to be honest

You need to get a grip.

It's a TV show and need to stop being so dramatic.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is why Emma is on BOTS and not Newsnight, pleasant enough at presenting but shit for brains :cool:
  • BelindaJBelindaJ Posts: 2,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her blatant bias towards Daley and her dislike for Hazel is just too much now! She is supposed to be a presenter, not an advocate for certain housemates! :mad:

I have found myself irritated by her and the rest of the BOTS team in the past, but this is just ridiculous. I'm starting to think Hazel ought to be taken out of that house now for her own safety, as this cr*p show is setting her up for a baying mob when she does get voted out! I am just gobsmacked at her comments that "It certainly does take two!"

No, Emma, it only takes one to turn a playfight into something sinister, and Daley was the one, no excuses!

She proved herself to not only be a bad interviewer but her actions by blaming Hazel for his actions is beyond shameful and harms women.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avidian wrote: »
    I think you're getting confused, they did show this on the Highlight show (on Monday's Highlight show, it wasn't on BOTS):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwC7C6MZ5k&has_verified=1&t=40m17s

Oh, sorry, I thought it was shown as an exclusive on BOTS or on a news item. Either way, it didn't look half as bad last night as it did the first time I watched!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tpau21 wrote: »
    You need to get a grip.

It's a TV show and need to stop being so dramatic.

Try telling that to the folks who keep labelling Hazel as "evil" and a "witch" then! Dramatics at it's best imo!

At least we are justified in saying Emma showed too much sympathy towards Daley and his (ex)girlfriend, and by saying Hazel was happy to flirt etc implied very strongly to a lot of people she thought Hazel had brought all of this on herself! Like I stated before on another thread, so much can be said by words unspoken!
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he showed nothing but contempt for the woman he'd threatened , and Emma didn't even challenge him on it .

he's just a moron he won't face up to what he's done , and Emma ... I don't know what to think , how can she think that she did a good job there ?