goodmans freesat box question

emailsemails Posts: 11,282
Forum Member
✭✭
ok i got a goodmans freesat HD plus box which needs a retune or somthing but don't know how do it. it fails to record some programmes but not others ,it just tells us it needs to be retuned? the only retune setting on the back is i see is where the 2 dish cables go in,& they are in fairy tight. does anyone know a way round this or what i can do ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    you need to check signal strength and quality.

You could try switching power off to box, swap over Satelllite feed cables over and then powering back up

An old trick for sky boxes, but please switch off power or you blow up the dish
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

... but please switch off power or you blow up the dish

Well maybe not that drastic but could cause damage to the LNB (on the dish) or the receiver.
    Switch off power = unplug from mains.

In the case of IF the box does actually require a retune the options will be in the main menu
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have tryed looking at the main menu but could not find anything on it i'll have another look to see what i can do
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    have tryed looking at the main menu but could not find anything on it i'll have another look to see what i can do

Look for a reset to factory defaults.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This seems like it may be the user manual http://cdn.freesat.co.uk/freesat/freesat_website/content/downloadables/gd11fsrhd50_ib.pdf

From page 20 onwards may help
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think after checking i may have to do a re-install to see if this works but so far its not doing this looks like the cables could be at fault
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    Strength and Signal quality is ...................