HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a disgusting paper.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trashy Daily Mail will be quaking in their boots if Clooney takes them on. The film stars of America aren't exactly short of money, completely the opposite. The trashy Daily Mail will get destroyed in court if Clooney decides to take this further. He might just let it go though.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,014
    Forum Member
    J.R wrote: »
    But the Daily Mail, Clooney said, had fabricated the source of its story by saying it was "based the story on conversations with senior members of the Lebanese community."

"The problem is that none of that is true," Clooney continued, adding that the original Mail story never cites that source, but on four different occasions refers to "a family friend" that spoke directly to the Mail.

"There is one constant when a person or company is caught doing something wrong. The coverup is always worse."

Go for it George.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    It's a disgusting paper.

It certainly is. They'll never learn their lesson though, because they'll just go ahead and lie about some other famous person in the future.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Go Clooney! DM is stepping into a very dangerous territory, because it prints these scandalised 'news' stories, which will create drift between religious and cultural backgrounds and people, and majority of public eat it up without any questions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good on him. The Daily Mail is trash. They always report things to try and cause problems for people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Clooney! DM is stepping into a very dangerous territory, because it prints these scandalised 'news' stories, which will create drift between religious and cultural backgrounds and people, and majority of public eat it up without any questions.

They think they can get away with printing lies about film stars and people in their lives but the thing they don't seem to realise is, the people who they're lying about are absolutely loaded. The film stars over there will easily be able to afford the best lawyers to destroy the trashy Daily Mail's feeble excuse of a reason in court. The trashy Daily Mail is getting too arrogant these days.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    He should sue them. The "apology" was simply insulting.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Go for it George.

Go Clooney, Go Clooney :D
    Brilliant response from him :) He could sue them, a despicable "paper" >:(
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the Daily Mail can't attract a healthy readership without resorting to this kind of crappy story anyway? The quality of the journalism is p*ss poor anyway because some of the clowns they are employing now don't seem to have any idea about spelling and grammatical structure. Now, I'm definitely not a grammar/spelling pedant. People can usually get their message across without being 'pitch perfect'. However, if you're training to be a journalist, surely it's a fundamental career skill? Seems not for the DM. Any old sniff of a story will do. Cobble it together from disparate strands of nonsense, embellish it a bit, throw it all into a few paragraphs and adorn it with innumerable pointless photos. Job's a good 'un.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Umm, well I think he's right to chastise when someone is potentially being put in danger from untruths .... but I wouldn't put it past the realms of possibility he's also enjoyed the benefits of using the Daily Fail and other tabloids for PR purposes or to promote films in the past too.

It's a bit of a double-edged sword. I believe many celebs have love-hate relationships with the press, because most ultimately need it the way things currently are.

But the papers can take wicked liberties and overstep the line. Clearly he's within his rights to speak out when somebody is potentially dumped in harm's way via accidentally-on-purpose whoops! insinuation that we know these papers all love to do. They've apologised, I see, though it was well-hidden down the online front page and looked a bit pissy and half-hearted.

:P Daily Fail. :P
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now it would seem to be Angelinas turn - she is said to be planning on suing the Daily Mail for gross violation of her privacy!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/07/11/angelina-jolie-sue-daily-mail-drugs-video_n_5576902.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

AJ and GC are two of Hollywoods biggest names (and earners) so the DM should be very concerned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely hope that Angelina's lawyer/s completely destroy the trashy Daily Mail in court if it gets that far.