T In The Park BBC coverage

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
Forum Member
Anyone watched any T in the Park coverage? Anyone good on the Three/Red Button coverage?

I was there yesterday for the Friday but will have to settle for the tv coverage for Sat/Sun.

Comments

• lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    last night i watched Biffy Clyro, Maximo Park, Imagine Dragons and Ellie Golding on BBC7 /red button. they also had Manic Street Preachers on.
    they are still showing highlights on red button now 301 Freeview.
    hoping they show some Embrace tonight :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's certainly p*ss poor compared to the Glasto coverage a couple of weeks ago.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I think the coverage has been pretty decent so far - a good variety of acts on and not just the usual flavour of the month stuff. I loved Ellie Goulding last night on BBC3 and it was good to see Maximo Park and The Magic Numbers as well; great festival bands even though they don't have hits anymore. Royal Blood were great as well... future headliners maybe?

Looking forward to Paolo Nutini's set tonight and then Arctic Monkeys tomorrow - and I also hope Embrace are shown!
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I watched a fair bit last night but I thought it was quite boring tbh. I only liked a couple of the songs I heard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    I think the coverage has been pretty decent so far - a good variety of acts on and not just the usual flavour of the month stuff. I loved Ellie Goulding last night on BBC3 and it was good to see Maximo Park and The Magic Numbers as well; great festival bands even though they don't have hits anymore. Royal Blood were great as well... future headliners maybe?

Looking forward to Paolo Nutini's set tonight and then Arctic Monkeys tomorrow - and I also hope Embrace are shown!

oh aye, saw The Magic Numbers, enjoyed them:)
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor line up this year,compared to the past.No big acts,maybe money was tight.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arctic Monkeys.....again.

Kasabian.....again.

Biffy Clyro.....again and every year.

Boring!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Kasabian?
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They didn't show The Stranglers :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it wasnt a great line up this year. The BBC coverage was poor. some artists getting a lot of screen time, most artists getting none. :(
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie Goulding was great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theres T in the park highlights all day on freeview red button 301. its a right mix, some new stuff i didnt see at the weekend. so far no Embrace or Stanglers,but worth a look
    im still hopefull, though i did see some Embrace on iplayer:cool:.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a peek earlier on, when there was some solo chap playing a semi-acoustic guitar. It might as well have been somebody in a pub.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boba1973 wrote: »
    Kasabian?

Ooops, i thought Kasabian were headlining one of the nights. Anyway you get my point. There was no decent line-up this year just bands who have headlined previous years.

Biffy and Arctic don't even have anything new to promote and yet they're headliners again. Why not give some new bands a chance? Sick of the same old shit. I didn't watch any of the tv coverage this year.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,554
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Ooops, i thought Kasabian were headlining one of the nights. Anyway you get my point. There was no decent line-up this year just bands who have headlined previous years.

Biffy and Arctic don't even have anything new to promote and yet they're headliners again. Why not give some new bands a chance? Sick of the same old shit. I didn't watch any of the tv coverage this year.

The Arctic Monkeys have released a new album in the last year. Unless you want to limit it only to people with albums out in the last few months. Who would you suggest?
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    It's certainly p*ss poor compared to the Glasto coverage a couple of weeks ago.
    Yes I agree, looks dreary, the stage is awful.. after viewing Glastonbury this is shabby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Arctic Monkeys have released a new album in the last year. Unless you want to limit it only to people with albums out in the last few months. Who would you suggest?

Well you tell me some well-known popular bands who have released albums in the last few months and i'll let you know who are headliner worthy.

My point is the headliners have all played T before in previous years and it gets boring when it's the same old faces. Why not get a major US act to headline?

Read all the other posts, i'm not the only one saying this.
    Forum Member
    Well you tell me some well-known popular bands who have released albums in the last few months and i'll let you know who are headliner worthy.

My point is the headliners have all played T before in previous years and it gets boring when it's the same old faces. Why not get a major US act to headline?

Read all the other posts, i'm not the only one saying this.

No, you suggest some, I'm not the one saying they are boring headliners.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you suggest some, I'm not the one saying they are boring headliners.

I'm not getting into a debate about this. Getting Arctics headlining again is boring. That's my opinion. If you don't like it, tough.
    Forum Member
    I'm not getting into a debate about this. Getting Arctics headlining again is boring. That's my opinion. If you don't like it, tough.

Without a single suggestion as to who could do it instead then it's a pretty terrible opinion.