Options

DeadEnders...

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
Forum Member
✭✭
There are still characters that need to go and I think the following should be axed-

Denise Fox
Kim Fox
Roxy Mitchell
Heather Trott
Shirley Carter
Jodie Gold
Poppy Meadows

we need some fresh blood too...

a new family unconnected to anybody else plus the return of Sharon Rickman is really needed after Pat leaves, a big time to bring back to the Square.

Comments

• Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    There are still characters that need to go and I think the following should be axed-

Denise Fox
    Kim Fox
    Roxy Mitchell
    Heather Trott
    Shirley Carter
    Jodie Gold
    Poppy Meadows

a new family unconnected to anybody else plus the return of Sharon Rickman is really needed after Pat leaves, a big time to bring back to the Square.

Agree with all those but Jodie and Poppy should at least stay another 6 months.
  • Options
    EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I go back and forth with Denise. Sometimes, like tonight, she's great and I want her to stay. Most of the time she's annoying and pointless. I wish they'd build her up and do something other than stories about her love life.

I agree with the rest of the axes apart from Shirley. Get her away from Phil and give her her own stories. She's not an appendage. She's much more than that and is being wasted.

There are a few others I'd axe including Christian. Awful character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I agree with them except Roxy and Kim for some reason i like them two. I think axing them and bring back people like Sharon will give the soap the kick it needs.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    The only ones I agree with are Denise and Kim.

Would like to see Phil and Tanya go as well but it's never going to happen.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise Fox - NEVER! Denise is such a fun character. Brilliantly acted too. Love her.
    Kim Fox - Same as above. She needs a serious storyline though.
    Roxy Mitchell - No. Roxy is good with the right material.
    Heather Trott - She's a bore now.
    Shirley Carter - She's terrible with Phil but great on her own.
    Jodie Gold - YES!
    Poppy Meadows - YES!
  • Options
    agatha_crispiesagatha_crispies Posts: 31,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Christian ditched and Syed to meet a new fella. They're a horrendously mismatched couple. Syed has just come out, he needs to be spreading his wings and exploring his new world with a sensitive caring partner, not being tied down with a surrogate baby by a hackneyed old queen who's tired and unimaginative enough to think that the best way to deal with the man he loves is to be a controlling bully.

The best place for Syed is anywhere that Christian isn't.
  • Options
    BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think its time Roxy went. Really no point to her now and all she seems to do is be angry with someone or get p*ssed with Christian.
  • Options
    agatha_crispiesagatha_crispies Posts: 31,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunnyfoo wrote: »
    I personally think its time Roxy went. Really no point to her now and all she seems to do is be angry with someone or get p*ssed with Christian.

I think there's a lot of mileage in Roxy's character. She's in a lull at the moment, as you pointed out there's little for her to do right now, but I think Michael Moon is going to make things very interesting with Roxy and the Mitchells.

Plus, if we got rid of Christian, she'd have no-one to get legless with. Two birds, one stone!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as a gay male viewer the Christian and Syed storylines always interest me but i think they are very different, i love Syed he is gorgeous, sexy and sensitive but i also think Christian is good for him too, they are a mismatch but they really do love each other and i as a gay man and am still looking for that in my own life...but a spanner does need to be thrown in the works by another guy to split them up if only for a short while.

i like Denise but she is a spent force now that her girls have left, i cant take Kim seriously, if they drafted Grace into their fold and teamed her up with Patrick that could create a unit.

Shirley is wasted at the moment, get her away from Phil, i suspect Rainie will end up with Phil anyway.

Heather, Jodie, Poppy all need to get the boot.

but please BK bring back SHARON...
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    as a gay male viewer the Christian and Syed storylines always interest me but i think they are very different, i love Syed he is gorgeous, sexy and sensitive but i also think Christian is good for him too, they are a mismatch but they really do love each other and i as a gay man and am still looking for that in my own life...but a spanner does need to be thrown in the works by another guy to split them up if only for a short while.

i like Denise but she is a spent force now that her girls have left, i cant take Kim seriously, if they drafted Grace into their fold and teamed her up with Patrick that could create a unit.

Shirley is wasted at the moment, get her away from Phil, i suspect Rainie will end up with Phil anyway.

Heather, Jodie, Poppy all need to get the boot.

but please BK bring back SHARON...

Been saying for ages that Kim should be Grace's daughter and Grace and Patrick would be good together. They have the ability to be the new Jacksons
  • Options
    SoniccreamSoniccream Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people constantly begging for Sharon to return? yes, she was a great character but if she came back there would be less screen time for other characters, and seriously, what other storylines can she do?

Anyway, I would axe Heather but not really anyone else. I want Shirley to split up with Phil and she should become a crazy motorbike maniac! I think that once Darren's gone then Jodie could have some great storylines and Poppy has only been in a few episodes so I can't judge her yet.
    I also think that Tanya's upcoming storyline will be really hard-hitting and interesting. I'm wondering what Max is going to do once Vanessa leaves because it's not been confirmed that Greg is leaving so I doubt him and Tanya will get back together and if they do it would be pretty dull. I think Roxy needs a dramatic storyline to make her seem less pointless. Michael Moon is a great character and Steve John Shepherd plays him excellently and he has so much potential.

I'm going to make a prediction that Jay and Abi get back together but Jay sleeps with Lola and she becomes pregnant. It just seems like that's where it's heading...
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ask EE bosses only one thing: axe ALL the Mitchells. Annoying, boring, pointless and repetitive family that are well past their best.

I really like Kim and Shirley though, but if any of the others went I wouldn't really care. But I would miss Harry Hill's Heather impressions if she went! :D
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Denise Fox
    Kim Fox
    Roxy Mitchell
    Heather Trott
    Shirley Carter
    Jodie Gold
    Poppy Meadows

I agree with your list, except I'd keep Heather and Shirley. I like Shirley and her friendship with Heather and I think she has the potential to be used more. With regards to Heather, I think she's actually one of the most interesting and three dimensional characters on the Square. She's not like the other female characters who are usually strong, fiesty and independent - Heather is the complete opposite. She relies on Shirley and has low self esteem which is rooted to her childhood and how her mother treated her. She's a genuinely nice character who you feel sorry for in bad situations, but you really root for her to do well and improve her circumstances.

Denise is played by a good actress, but I feel like the writers don't know what to do with her. The emphasis on her love life is very boring... I'd get rid as she's gone stale. Kim Fox is just annoying... she's meant to be "funny" but she really isn't. The comedy should come naturally from a three dimensional character, but with Kim it's as if she's the "comedy" character, in which all the contrived comedy is forced upon her and there's nothing else to her. Time to get rid of her too.

Roxy is just really annoying and I find her pointless without her sister.

Jodie and Poppy are OK, but I wouldn't miss them if they left.

I think if they got rid of Denise, Kim, Roxy, Jodie and Poppy then Bryan could replace them with a brand new family who have no ties to the Square.
  • Options
    LMichie86LMichie86 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    It makes me laugh that some of you who want characters axed are the same posters who criticise EE in other threads for its lack of longevity.

Look how many Corrie characters can go months, sometimes even years, without a big storyline. Imagine if they'd axed Sally Webster during one of her wane periods, likewise Gail Platt.

Denise has been in EE for five years and, unfortunately, this qualifies her as a long term cast member by EE's standards. Diane is one of the best actors in soap and Denise is a great character. A great character isn't so much about having dramatic storylines all of the time, that's what leads to burnout.

It's bad enough that the EE producers are axe-happy and get bored so easily with characters without so-called fans calling for this character to be axed and that character to be axed every five minutes. How is the show supposed to build up any longevity when you all want characters axed the minute they don't have a big story going on?
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kim is hilarious but it's a bit odd...I don't think I'd actually care about Kim if she got a major storyline...I just like her being around for comic relief....
  • Options
    UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMichie86 wrote: »
    It makes me laugh that some of you who want characters axed are the same posters who criticise EE in other threads for its lack of longevity.

Look how many Corrie characters can go months, sometimes even years, without a big storyline. Imagine if they'd axed Sally Webster during one of her wane periods, likewise Gail Platt.

Denise has been in EE for five years and, unfortunately, this qualifies her as a long term cast member by EE's standards. Diane is one of the best actors in soap and Denise is a great character. A great character isn't so much about having dramatic storylines all of the time, that's what leads to burnout.

It's bad enough that the EE producers are axe-happy and get bored so easily with characters without so-called fans calling for this character to be axed and that character to be axed every five minutes. How is the show supposed to build up any longevity when you all want characters axed the minute they don't have a big story going on?
    Best post I have seen on here for months.

Axings are pointless if the characters brought into replace aren't all that and this is more often the case with EE. I would sooner they built up the longer term additions of the cast than get rid. Familarity is so important thesedays and EE has so little of it without axing the few long serving characters it actually has left.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Denise Fox
    Kim Fox
    Roxy Mitchell
    Heather Trott
    Shirley Carter
    Jodie Gold
    Poppy Meadows

Roxy still has Amy and her friendship with Christian. And, she will always have a bond with Jack because of Amy. I don't think she should be axed.

Denise is fine in the background until they find something for her.

I agree that Shirley, Heather, Jodie and Kim should go. Poppy I wouldn't mind if she stayed. We don't know much about her.

It would be nice if they brought back Peter and Lucy played by different actors. Sharon coming back would be good as well as she still has friendships with Ian and Phil. I wouldn't have minded seeing Kate back too - Kate was good in her time. I actually read an interview with Aaron in Inside Soap. Aaron said he's willing to come back as Steven any time though it might be a bit soon - maybe in a couple of years he could buy one of the buisinesses - then Ian would have to put up with him being in the same area.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    The only person I agree with on your list is Heather. I think her absense in the last few weeks (until she returned last night :() was very welcome. She was always a pathetic character who always depended on others but I hoped motherhood would give her the kick she needed to grow up - instead she's probably got worse. Everything is Shirley's fault somehow! :rolleyes:

Everyone else is workable. Denise still has bucketloads of potential IMO - just because her kids are gone and she's had 27,000 dodgy husbands and boyfriends in the last 5 years doesn't mean she should be for the axe. She's a great actress - but this quiet year she's had was required after everything with Lucas last year. Kim, so far, is just a comedy character. They should try build her up a bit - bring in another member of their family and flesh out some backstory.

That said, concentrate on the Beales. Bring back Peter and Lucy. I kind of liked the sort of good twin/evil twin thing they had going on before the actors left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only one I agree with there is Heather Trott.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Joop&Lynx wrote: »
    Only one I agree with there is Heather Trott.

George Michael comes and takes her away ,, end of Heather :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise is a real favourite of mine, i think because she is imo such a convincing actress. I love her stuff with Zainab but getting rid of Libby & Chelsea did create a problem. By plonking her almost immediately with the doc (have not really seen a valid reason for that - tension between Zainab & Denise was minimal) I think they missed an opportunity to focus on her and Kim's relationship. As it is, they have just made Kim into a chariacature character, we havent really seen much of them as sisters. My verdict Keep Denise, ditch Kim

Roxy Mitchell remains to be seen what direction they take her in without ronnie. if they just persist with occasional p!ssups with christian, then she might as well go.

Heather - yes fine, heather can go. Again missed opportunity to develop heather as a mum. Completely rushed the carbon monoxide s/l imo, it could have been interesting watching Heathers struggle rather than simply over the space of a week discovering heather living in squalor and practically neglecting George. Followed by the ridiculous custody thing with Darren & Jodie it made Heather into even more of a joke than they already portrayed the character as. Shame.

Shirley's not great with Phil right now, but I do think there's potential in that relationship, they should make them more of a team instead of how they are right now which just has me wondering what was the point of putting them together.

Jodie & Poppy they grate on me, but tbh I can see potential in them if they toned it down a bit.

I'd add to the list Tanya & Max purely because the latest affair is proof they have run their course as an interesting soap family - they have no more ideas for them. Also Jack, its unrealistic he would stay around after everything imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they wont axe Tanya and Max as Cora is coming back permanently as well as Rainie being there and I think the other sister Debs will make an appearence, the whole Tanya/Max affair is to reunite them as we all know Greg and Vanessa are leaving.

Heather appears to be a very unpopular character so why is she still there? does BK listen to the audience? Kim is not funny and annoying and needs to go but if Denise has some storylines then she should stay.

I think Mo is terribly underused and bringing some extended members of her family would be good.

dont forget Jane is coming back and maybe Glenda too, but what is happening with Ben, Lucy and Peter? are these characters returning or not?
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Denise Fox
    Kim Fox
    Roxy Mitchell
    Heather Trott
    Shirley Carter
    Jodie Gold
    Poppy Meadows

I agree with Denise, Roxy, Heather and Jodie

Denise is a lost character now feels like they don't know what to do with her so just cling her to other characters, sad but true I think they should of axed her when Lucas's storyline came to a end, Roxy's the same deadwood, no offence to Rita Simons but she only work well with Ronnie on her own I never really rated her as a character think she should have left when Ronnie got send down, pointless keeping her when both her sister, father and mother are gone.

Heather well don't think I have to explain that one same reason everyone else thinks she should go.

Kim I think is really funny and adds such comedic effect that the show lacks, Shirley is better when she is on her own and not Phil's lapdog or carrying Hev all the time.

Jodie's a pointless character why they are axing Vanessa and Darren and keeping her is beyond me.

Poppy actually seems like she has potential without Jodie.
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Masoods need to go or the parents need to anyway. They're just not funny to watch anymore and their constand arguing and problems doesn't enhance the show. I doubt that Zainab and Masood will be revived unless Shabnam returns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they wont axe the Massods especially with Amira returning to stir up trouble for Christian and Syed but yes Shabnam should return and I wonder why BK has not done this.

Does anybody think that Heather will actually get the boot this year?