Breakfast - Do You Eat It ?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Thats why i never ate. But, because i bought some tasty cereal, and make an effort to eat it - i have kinda got into breakfast now.

This morning i had bite sized shredded wheat with nuts and honey and skimmed milk. I feel stuffed to busting now !

I try to vary my cereals to stop me getting bored. Weetabix is good because it's quite versatile, it's nice with honey!
    Mind you, I do like the cereals which supermarkets have in their 'childrens' section, like frosties and shreddies!
  • QuickfadeQuickfade Posts: 5,998
    Forum Member
    Eating breakfast speeds up your metabolism for the day, otherwise your body stays in starvation mode from fasting overnight.

I always eat breakfast, if I don't my blood sugar is through the floor, I am grumpy, can't focus and feel like I'm going to pass out!

Normally I have a bowl of porridge made with water, topped with one (or a combination) of the following: yoghurt, cinnamon, apple sauce, berries, honey or milk.

It gives me energy to cycle to work and keeps me full up from 7.30am to 1pm when I have lunch!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never used to but I have done for the past year or so. Shreddies during the week, and egg on toast at the weekend.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leave for work quite early usually around 6.35am so I don't have time but I usually grab breakfast when I get into work. :)
  • LemonhunnyLemonhunny Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never ate breakfast until I was diagnosed diabetic 7 years ago, and it was impressed upon us at an educational forum at the hospital how important it is to break the fast from overnight, and of course medication has to be taken with food.

So I forced a tiny bowl of cereal or a single slice of toast down my throat at first, and now I simply couldn't do without breakfast.

Toast with any number of toppings; or a bowl of porridge made with water and sprinkled on top with Splenda; various cereals; bacon or sausage sandwich; french toast; weekend treat of full english. So much variety if you just put your mind to it.

I have to admit that I have times when the thought of yet another slice of toast will literally make me heave. But you get over it, just the same way you get over not eating breakfast at all.
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, never during the week, sometimes at weekends! Mon-fri, i get up at 7:45 and don't eat anything until 1pm! :)
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_melon wrote: »
    Mind you, I do like the cereals which supermarkets have in their 'childrens' section, like frosties and shreddies!

This is the same as me. I order my food on Tesco online, and my fav cereals are in the childrens section.

I like Frosties, Rice Crispies, Sugar Puffs and Crunchy Nut Cornflakes best :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lemonhunny wrote: »
    Toast with any number of toppings; or a bowl of porridge made with water and sprinkled on top with Splenda; various cereals; bacon or sausage sandwich; french toast; weekend treat of full english...(no doubt with more toast, fried bread, beans etc). So much variety if you just put your mind to it.

I have to admit that I have times when the thought of yet another slice of toast will literally make me heave. But you get over it, just the same way you get over not eating breakfast at all.

If that is the diet you are eating no wonder you are still diabetic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    This is the same as me. I order my food on Tesco online, and my fav cereals are in the childrens section.

I like Frosties, Rice Crispies, Sugar Puffs and Crunchy Nut Cornflakes best :o

There's nothing wrong with it at all! In fact, it's clearly a misguided decison of the supermarkets to put these cereals in the kids sections in the first place! ;)
  • LemonhunnyLemonhunny Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carnivegan wrote: »
    If that is the diet you are eating no wonder you are still diabetic.

You actually know nothing about diabetes obviously.
    Ignorance must be bliss.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did this morning, one of those big fat croissants filled with chocolate. :D Now I feel bad. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lemonhunny wrote: »
    You actually know nothing about diabetes obviously.
    Ignorance must be bliss.

I had it, and cured it by giving up the very stuff that causes it. And as a doctor of 45 years' experience I think I do know a bit about it than someone who has had it for only 7 years, and still has it.
  • JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i usually never eat breakfast but i really want to start making an effort.

i bought some of them kellogg's oat cookies and i plan having one with a glass of milk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JOHNOR wrote: »
    i usually never eat breakfast but i really want to start making an effort.

Good for you. I have heard for years about brekkie kick starting your metabolism etc .... but ignored it. But i am so glad i have had brekkie this week. I come to work feeling more energised. I have had a meal, and im ready for work.

I did worry that i wouldnt want lunch (which i love) as i would be too full up from breakfast, but im not. In fact, I ate at 8am, and my belly is just starting to rumble for lunch.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my breakfast is usally a marlboro light and a coffee once I get to work - I couldnt eat food before midday.

I stopped smoking over 7 years ago but this was my breakfast when I did smoke. I hate eating in the morning, it makes me feel sick, so coffee and a **** was just the ticket. Now I force a banana or fruit bar down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have cereal, juice and tea for mine, else I feel very dizzy and REALLY grumpy!

The worst is when you have to fast before a general anaesthetic. I feel really depressed if I can't have breakfast.
  • bananasplitbananasplit Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have breakfast through the week - just coffee before I go to work

but on a Sunday - oh my - I love my Sunday breakfast - big fry up, sausages, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, beans or spaghetti hoops, as much as I can fit on the plate, with buttered toast, or a 2 buttered rolls - fab :D
  • Color of NightColor of Night Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a bowl of porridge made with oats & alpro soya milk as its sweet & dry fruit sprinkled in it, its gorgeous & keeps me gong till lunch. If I eat cereal I want more an hour later & find I pick all day then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot brekkie this morning, mainly because my husband was home ...... so my routine altered.

I feel empty now, and ready to tuck into something very calorific (which eating breakfast stops)
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I can't eat breakfast. It makes me feel horribly sick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never used to, but now I've started college I try and force it down. Don't have too much though, cup of tea and a slice of toast or a crumpet keeps me going till break time when I'll have a cereal bar or something like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I try and eat breakfast, unless I'm up really late.
    Usually it's just cereal or toast and coffee, and an odd time I go mad and have poached egg on toast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love breakfast. It is my favourite meal of the day, and I love food. My gf never has it though, and is amazed by the fact I can literally get out of bed and be eating a bowl of cereal about 30 seconds later.