Options

New Roku 3 (4230) in Europe?

Has anyone spotted the updated model here in Europe yet?

Comments

• Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may have to wait until early May when it is officially released in the UK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    So there is a date? Very cool, thanks for the info!
  • Options
    Richard_TRichard_T Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    A new Roku, the Roku 4 ( with 4K HD) has been on sale in the USA for quite some time now, as has a new Roku 3 with voice search, a new Roku stick is also available, however there's no signs of nay of these products making to the UK.
    This topic was started over 12 months ago ( as of 24th April 2016) and the new Roku 3 has still not materialised in the UK.
    The only conclusion is that Roku are either dumping old stock in the UK, or outside of Now Tv boxes, Roku have no interest in providing their streaming boxes/sticks in the UK, Stockists such as Currys PC world dont appear to have much in the way of Roku boxes for sale, just empty display spaces taken up with Now Tv boxes, and Sling Boxes
  • Options
    ginettaginetta Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Cant you just order from the US? Ebay has the Roku 4 for £117.
    I'm thinking of getting a Roku 3 but does anyone know if it will work well to use as media player for my own network files Vids and photo's as well as the external stuff. WD seems to advertise that it may be better for this type of use but I doubt it will be comparable to the roku for the TV channels?
    I presume the Roku is not much use as a web browser either? Ideally I want something I can access my stored files on, use as a browser and access the TV channels in HD. I do have an Ipad and android phone for browsing the web however.
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a word of warning... I've not tried this myself, but I have heard a number of reports that suggest the BBC iPlayer won't work on the Roku 4. Not sure of the other UK apps.

It could just be the private code version that doesn't work on a US Roku, or even when switched to the UK Roku.
  • Options
    arteseaartesea Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    ovbg wrote: »
    Just a word of warning... I've not tried this myself, but I have heard a number of reports that suggest the BBC iPlayer won't work on the Roku 4. Not sure of the other UK apps.

It could just be the private code version that doesn't work on a US Roku, or even when switched to the UK Roku.
    The BBC whitelist model numbers after internal testing, whilst the box isn't on sale in the UK it's unlikely they will approve the Roku 4.
  • Options
    ginettaginetta Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    BBC not much of a problem as it works on most other devices I have. I'm looking at Pipo X9 as another mini pc option as that may be better for network access? Anyone tried one?