Options

Robin Hood Season Finale 29th December 2007

Comments

• Options
    Mrs OverallMrs Overall Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    The new Marion wil be her cousin or similar, but they can't have Robin falling for her, it would seem too shallow after the first Marion gave her all.
  • Options
    Mrs OverallMrs Overall Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    niloc wrote: »
    I take it the blonde actress being referred to is a doctor's daughter? Will be interested to see how they work that one.

Are you talking about the actress who is supposed to be appearing in at least one episode of season 4 of Doctor Who?

A name please?

Yeah, who is this blonde?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But now he's irredeemable! I would far rather have seen him die an heroic death!! His actions in these two episodes just didn't ring true for me.

I feel the same way. Guy's behavior in this episode actually seemed really out of character to me. It was like all the good character developement he'd got throughout the season had been undone in this episode. It made all the Guy/Marian stuff seem pointless...obviously, she needs to end up with Robin if they want to stay true to the source, but the way they wrote Guy tonight just does not match up with the Guy from the previous episodes.

As I said, I'm not happy.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MCFCOK wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the actor who played Carter and anything else he's been in

Joseph Kennedy.
    Here's a lis from imdb:
    The Grind (2008) (post-production) .... Barry

"Robin Hood" .... Carter (1 episode, 2007)
    - Get Carter! (2007) TV episode .... Carter
    Housewife, 49 (2006) (TV) .... James Wendchurch
    "Where the Heart Is" .... Johnny (1 episode, 2006)
    - Don't Look Back in Anger (2006) TV episode .... Johnny
    "Midsomer Murders" .... Roland Marwood (1 episode, 2006)
    - Four Funerals and a Wedding (2006) TV episode .... Roland Marwood
    Bobby Moore (2006) (TV) .... Bobby Moore

Bum Magnet (1997) .... ?
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Bum Magnet! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    I was more expecting Alan to die than Marion. It was set up as such, with him being in the middle of it all, and of course the first person either side wouldn't trust at the end.

Marion though is dead, it will be very interesting to see how they take this tale on. We have to accept that Djaq wasn't in the original tales, but was brought in due to the introduction of Nasir in the Robin of Sherwood series. Up to that point, the saracen was not part of the Hood folklore.

Since Nasir was introduced by the Robin of Sherwood show, a saracen has become part of the gang in most tv versions. However this version altered it slightly. So if one tv show can alter what was cannon and for us to accept it as being so, I'm sure that a "new" girlfriend can be found, one to play between Guy and Robin in different ways.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCFCOK wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the actor who played Carter and anything else he's been in

Joseph Kennedy ~ just got that from playing the end of the video back. No idea what he's been in though.

edit ~ someone beat me to it.
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    niloc wrote: »
    I take it the blonde actress being referred to is a doctor's daughter? Will be interested to see how they work that one.

Are you talking about the actress who is supposed to be appearing in at least one episode of season 4 of Doctor Who?

A name please?

I may be missing something. But MarkFan suggested:
    I take it the blonde actress being referred to is a doctor's ;)daughter? Will be interested to see how they work that one.

I looked at that and thought of Georgia Moffett who is the daughter of fifth Doctor Peter Davison and is blonde. She is also appearing in one episode of the next series Doctor Who.

Perhaps I was reading to much into what he said.
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    I was more expecting Alan to die than Marion. It was set up as such, with him being in the middle of it all, and of course the first person either side wouldn't trust at the end.

Marion though is dead, it will be very interesting to see how they take this tale on. We have to accept that Djaq wasn't in the original tales, but was brought in due to the introduction of Nasir in the Robin of Sherwood series. Up to that point, the saracen was not part of the Hood folklore.

Since Nasir was introduced by the Robin of Sherwood show, a saracen has become part of the gang in most tv versions. However this version altered it slightly. So if one tv show can alter what was cannon and for us to accept it as being so, I'm sure that a "new" girlfriend can be found, one to play between Guy and Robin in different ways.

Robin Hood will probably turn out to be GAY, such is the incompetance of the BBC!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, what a dreadful ending to a series that, despite the writers not being consistent from one week to the next in both characters personalities and motivations, and writing themselves constantly into dead ends, I was still enjoying it.

So they kill off a character integral to the legend AND the main driving force behind Robin Hood's motivation, ruin Guy's conflicted character, drop two additional major characters, find the King and warn him - going all that way to the Holy Land...

...and then it's business as usual next year?

What a disappointment. :(
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    Robin Hood will probably turn out to be GAY, such is the incompetance of the BBC!

At least "nytramfilms" would be happy!

K
  • Options
    DeanDSDeanDS Posts: 1,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »

I thought so too, I thought he would die an heroic death saving his old pals. I also then thought Carter would replace him, once I saw him, how wrong I was!

Bold move killing Marion though. Next series I think we may see Robin chasing around after Guy. I kind of think that the third series will be the last and it will be written with a conclusion in mind. It seems as though this series was written with a sort of conclusion, maybe this was all done just in case a third series was not commisioned?
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gizmo wrote: »
    Oh dear, what a dreadful ending to a series that, despite the writers not being consistent from one week to the next in both characters personalities and motivations, and writing themselves constantly into dead ends, I was still enjoying it.

So they kill off a character integral to the legend AND the main driving force behind Robin Hood's motivation, ruin Guy's conflicted character, drop two additional major characters, find the King and warn him - going all that way to the Holy Land...

...and then it's business as usual next year?

What a disappointment. :(

Very strange killing Marian - the one character alongside Robin who needs to be there (if the legend is to be followed). Why not just let Lucy leave and cast another actress?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm not ashamed to say I cried my eyes out. :cry:

Why did they have to kill her off, I so want to get that evil Sheriff and do horrible things to him. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Will someone please explain to me why I keep giving this show a chance?

Huge fan of Robin of Sherwood back in the day so know it can be done. Think the actors have potential but the stories and set design are limp. Given a lot of the second series a wide berth after struggling through series 1. Thought this final episode offered them a chance to (write) right some wrongs and there were so many ways they could have taken it that offered a real shift for series 3. But where are we - king still in the holy lands, sheriff still in power and can't be killed, Robin still an outlaw, Guy still evil. Few less merry men and no women.

My only thought was - did they know there would be a series 3? This might explain some choices.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched it on Sky+. :(

I am so unbelievably p*ssed off I cannot believe they ended it that way! ARRRGGGHHH! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Huge fan of Robin of Sherwood back in the day so know it can be done. Think the actors have potential but the stories and set design are limp. Given a lot of the second series a wide berth after struggling through series 1. Thought this final episode offered them a chance to (write) right some wrongs and there were so many ways they could have taken it that offered a real shift for series 3. But where are we - king still in the holy lands, sheriff still in power and can't be killed, Robin still an outlaw, Guy still evil. Few less merry men and no women.

My only thought was - did they know there would be a series 3? This might explain some choices.

Well, Richard stayed out of England nearly all his life so that bit is fine. I think we may see Prince John in the next series. It would be brave if they showed what Richard did to England in the six moinths he was there...he wasn't a nice guy!

As for the Sheriff...well, I suppose he has to stay and I imagine Will Scarlet will be back but hopefully without the pointless Djaq. Now Friar Tuck and the new love interest can appear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    DeanDS wrote: »
    I kind of think that the third series will be the last and it will be written with a conclusion in mind. It seems as though this series was written with a sort of conclusion, maybe this was all done just in case a third series was not commisioned?

I got the impression early on in this series they were advancing the storyline to a conclusion too. The third series surely must be the last. Bringing another Marian into it would be just as silly as ressurecting her out of the grave.

On the general I thought this finale was dissapointing, it lacked tension and all seemed very flat, how poor was the rescue of them when they were on the crosses eh. If they were going to go out with such a bang at least it could have been Gisborne, then kills Marian regardless. They killed 3 characters and didn't even go out with much of a bang. How very poor.
  • Options
    loz2601loz2601 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Was out tonight, and so haven't seen the finale yet. Thought I'd just come on here and see who dies (I like to prepare myself).

Did not think in a million years it would be Marion and am gutted about it. Really loved this show from the start but without Marion/Robin don't know how well it can really work.

Totally gutted.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    I got the impression early on in this series they were advancing the storyline to a conclusion too. The third series surely must be the last. Bringing another Marian into it would be just as silly as ressurecting her out of the grave.

On the general I thought this finale was dissapointing, it lacked tension and all seemed very flat, how poor was the rescue of them when they were on the crosses eh. If they were going to go out with such a bang at least it could have been Gisborne, then kills Marian regardless. They killed 3 characters and didn't even go out with much of a bang. How very poor.

Who were the three? Carter, Marian.....

If the next series is the last, then Marian will probably be in it in flashbacks - and as a figment of Robin's imagination as he talks to her etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t believe they did it! A brilliant part of the show as the love triangle between Marion/ Robin and Guy.

Ugh, what a total let down and a lousy finale, I’m crushed, really crushed. A really poor decision imo, I will watch next series but I thoroughly doubt it will be anywhere near as good minus Marion, Djac and Will. A far better choice would have been for Guy to die heroically and redeemed and then have the Robin and Marion relationship develop deeper next series.

Ugh. :mad: :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I meant written out 3 main characters.
    If the next series is the last, then Marian will probably be in it in flashbacks - and as a figment of Robin's imagination as he talks to her etc.

Thats exacly what I thought.. it is going to be just those plonkers going round with flat storylines.

Series 1 was much better imho.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    ...If the next series is the last, then Marian will probably be in it in flashbacks - and as a figment of Robin's imagination as he talks to her etc.
    Will Robin have to make Ratatouille and finally turn into a tree? (you'll have to play "spot the reference"!)

K
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    DebbieH wrote: »
    I can’t believe they did it! A brilliant part of the show as the love triangle between Marion/ Robin and Guy.

Ugh, what a total let down and a lousy finale, I’m crushed, really crushed. A really poor decision imo, I will watch next series but I thoroughly doubt it will be anywhere near as good minus Marion, Djac and Will. A far better choice would have been for Guy to die heroically and redeemed and then have the Robin and Marion relationship develop deeper next series.

Ugh. :mad: :(

I liked it as it was - except she shouldn't have died.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    I liked it as it was - except she shouldn't have died.

I liked it till the last few minutes! :p