Options

Unemployment Insurance Worth it?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
Forum Member
I was thinking about taking out unemployment insurance.My job is safe (atm) but my industry isn't.

I wonder if with the spate of redundancies if anyone has had experience with these types of insurances?Or can recommend good companies or policies to look at?

Any replies gratefully received:)

Comments

• Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angella wrote: »
    I was thinking about taking out unemployment insurance.My job is safe (atm) but my industry isn't.

I wonder if with the spate of redundancies if anyone has had experience with these types of insurances?Or can recommend good companies or policies to look at?

Any replies gratefully received:)

I've personally never heard of these :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    We took out a similar scheme some years ago..... can't recall the details 'cos it was done along with getting a mortgage and 'im Indoors did all that but it was worth it.

The following year I was made redundant and it did help towards paying the mortgage whilst I hunted for another job.

Got another job and then 7 years later I was made redundant again and once more the "protection" insurance was a Godsend.

We have our mortgage via Abbey and they helped set it up. If you have a mortgage, speak to your lender if not I'm sure someone will be along who is more clued up than me on these things and can advise a reliable company.
    In this current climate, I'd recommend it.