Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally goes into pub to find Kevin - asks if he has been in - normally answer would be - yes he was in with Molly five minutes ago - he has just left.

Molly just said she didn't see him. Bit of a risk she would be taking there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    If that's the case, he would surely get the Police involved:)

He said something about her being underage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can Snape or Fizz not hear the high heeled shoes on the DVD?
  • simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Can Snape or Fizz not hear the high heeled shoes on the DVD?

Noticed that on the DVD you could clearly hear the shoes belonged to a woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would Charlotte have her own home phone number on her mobile? She lives alone so wouldn't call home as there would be no one to answer it? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Owen - who only has a builders yard in the street suddenly makes the Rovers his local. Apart from Liz who is not there at the moment, he has no other ties or friends on the street. Where did he drink before?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Owen has been compared to Charlie Stubbs. He is a bulider and a bully yes, but he just does not have the charm and charisma. His character is just not working for me.
  • jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Why would Charlotte have her own home phone number on her mobile? She lives alone so wouldn't call home as there would be no one to answer it? :D

Well I do. Firstly so I can easily remember it or so someone could phone my home if my phone got lost.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I do, but then I don't live alone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do, but then I don't live alone.

I do have my home phone number in my mobile but like you, I don't live alone. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I do. Firstly so I can easily remember it or so someone could phone my home if my phone got lost.

Why would you need to remember your home phone number if you live alone, you are not going to call yourself are you?

The only reason maybe if you are out and someone asks you your home phone no. and you would have to look it up. Most people easily remember their home numbers but not their mobiles. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "hey there were people off eastenders in corrie just is that SOR?"

(and yes I'm joking)
  • tco200tco200 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noticed a few tonight, the first being the aforementioned high heels.

When Molly is declaring her love for Kevin in the pub would nobody else hear? The pub is tiny and she wasn't exactly talking quietly!

Also when Charlotte rang her phone, when John took it and spoke he would have heard his own echo surely?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tco200 wrote: »
    Noticed a few tonight, the first being the aforementioned high heels.

When Molly is declaring her love for Kevin in the pub would nobody else hear? The pub is tiny and she wasn't exactly talking quietly!

Also when Charlotte rang her phone, when John took it and spoke he would have heard his own echo surely?

He would have heard his own voice coming out of the phone in her pocket.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tco200 wrote: »

She grabbed it away from him quickly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Roy's speech scene was a bit of a SOR - would the Windasses really have wanted their family dramas to be announced in the middle of the pub? Or was that just an exercise to boost the "community spirit" feel of the show before the tram crash?

Oh God, exactly what I thought!! It's not even as if the Windasses are one of the longer term families of the street... why on earth would it be announced in the pub about Gary!?? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlotte's DVD was copied from her camcorder, and posted very quickly, as it arrived the next day. I'd have thought by the time she had got out of school she wouldn't have had time to do that before the Post Office shut?

And does anyone else think they are making Rosie's way of speaking completely ridiculous. I could just about believe it if she was speaking to her friends (not that she has any!), but to speak like that to her Mother was totally unbelievable... and incredibly annoying!!!

And wasn't it disappointing that Sally didn't end up looking like er... Aunt Sally, after Rosie had done her makeup. I somehow suspect Rosie will be getting a job as a beautician in a couple of episodes time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new bar is far too much like a nightclub to function as a restaurant. Who wants to go out for a meal with dance music pumping out ?
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Owen - who only has a builders yard in the street suddenly makes the Rovers his local. Apart from Liz who is not there at the moment, he has no other ties or friends on the street. Where did he drink before?

He lives on the Street now as well, apparently in a flat that goes with the yard. How come he cant afford something better than that, and why did Bill Webster not live there instead of having to kip at other peoples houses all the time:confused:
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooops!
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    borodave wrote: »
    The new bar is far too much like a nightclub to function as a restaurant. Who wants to go out for a meal with dance music pumping out ?
    There's plenty of places like that. Just looks like an independent and slightly rubbish version of Revolution.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Owen said 15.

im maybe showing my age here- but 16 already had two sexual partners. One of them, the first one just a one night thing and the other with chesney :eek: i find that incredibly sad.
    Owen has been compared to Charlie Stubbs. He is a bulider and a bully yes, but he just does not have the charm and charisma. His character is just not working for me.

i agree, charlie had a bit of a sexy vibe from him :cool: but owen, no way!!
  • jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Why would you need to remember your home phone number if you live alone, you are not going to call yourself are you?

The only reason maybe if you are out and someone asks you your home phone no. and you would have to look it up. Most people easily remember their home numbers but not their mobiles. :)

Not everyone is good with numbers and remembers them easily.

As for Katy and who she sleeps with, its no worse than many teenagers on the street with the exception of Sophie obviously. I do suspect however that Katy isn't that into Chesney and she is more concerned with using him to annoy her father/get out from under his control than anything else. Their relationship is so underdeveloped I have a hard time believing she would leave home just so she could sleep with Ches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Have I missed an episode, has the Barlow gay storyline ended. We don't seem to have heard anything for weeks now. It seemed to come from nowhere and disappeared as quickly.:confused:
This discussion has been closed.