Grand Theft Auto - Vice City

Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto 4
The Spin Offs
Grand Theft Auto - Vice City Stories

Grand Theft Auto - The Lost and Damned

Grand Theft Auto - The Ballard of Gay Tony

Grand Theft Auto - China Town Wars

Anything to share about your time playing these games?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    It's coming up to 10 years since GTA3 was released on PS2, hard to believe it's been that long.

I've been playing on it again lately, just about to start the missions on Staunton island.

What I'd really like to see is a HD remake of the PS2 GTA trilogy, similar to the Tomb Raider trilogy.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been playing GTA IV online.

Is it just me, or is it bloody difficult to actually get a game on Team Mafiya. My favourite game mode too. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many gaming moments in these games. I do think GTAIV lost some of the magic though, found much of it a chore to play - the car handling was not as fun, and some of the missions very samey. Also less and less side missions like you found in Vice City - I miss the Kill Frenzies and the Top Fun vans with the remote control missions.

Favourite moment is possibly when you I first got to the airbase in San Andreas and start flying - flying across the desert, sun going down, the song Horse With No Name comes on the radio....

I'm curious to see what direction GTA goes in. Saints Row 2 looked a bit rubbish and was not any way near as polished as GTAIV but the fun and mayhem was mental, had a ball completing it. Saints Row 3 looks even more bonkers.
  • belfastkidbelfastkid Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Car handling? I thought it was great that GTA 4 finally gave some weight and realism to the driving. Plus, yeh it took a day or 2 to get used to the driving from San Andreas days...but once you got it in your system you couldnt go back.

Hope the next GTA is more wacky though. Planes, trains etc etc.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite moment by far was from my recent re-play of San Andreas.

I'd gone into a burger bar to replenish my health and when I came out, I saw a plane flying along the road at head height.

It then veered off to the right and crashed into a tree !
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite moment by far was from my recent re-play of San Andreas.

I'd gone into a burger bar to replenish my health and when I came out, I saw a plane flying along the road at head height.

It then veered off to the right and crashed into a tree !

Yeah, gotta love the random plane crashes. I also once saw a plane 'flying' underwater... pretty shocking glitch :D.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a remastered HD version of Vice City. I am suprised they have not brough out set with the three ps2 titles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might have to re-play Vice City. Haven't played it in a long, long time. Always used to use the helicopters to get from A to B - so much quicker !
    Forum Member
    I love the rampages on GTA 3, very fun to play.:D

It's much easier if you collect all the hidden packages before you start the missions on each island. That way, weapons constantly respawn at the safehouse and you don't have to waste time and money going to Ammunation.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started the GTA series on PC with a double pack of GTA and GTA London. I never played 2, but I played 3 and it was an amazing game for the time, really innovative. I loved San Andreas and Vice City the most though. I loved the setting of Vice City, the dialogue was funny, the characters were ridiculously entertaining and the whole 80's vibe was pure genius. San Andreas was just massive and the amount of things you could do gameplay wise was really impressive. I also liked the little quirks they added with having girlfriends and being able to get fat :D

I hate to be predictable but GTA IV was zzzzzzzz. The setting was boring, I didn't like Niko and there just wasn't enough to do. It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination but the GTA magic was sorely absent.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There hasn't been a good GTA game since San Andreas.

Saints Row franchise have stole their thunder.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    That list is missing a few things, and spelling issues.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I hope GTA V (assuming it ever gets made) is set in Vice City.
  • Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gizmo wrote: »
    So many gaming moments in these games. I do think GTAIV lost some of the magic though, found much of it a chore to play - the car handling was not as fun, and some of the missions very samey. Also less and less side missions like you found in Vice City - I miss the Kill Frenzies and the Top Fun vans with the remote control missions.

Favourite moment is possibly when you I first got to the airbase in San Andreas and start flying - flying across the desert, sun going down, the song Horse With No Name comes on the radio....

I'm curious to see what direction GTA goes in. Saints Row 2 looked a bit rubbish and was not any way near as polished as GTAIV but the fun and mayhem was mental, had a ball completing it. Saints Row 3 looks even more bonkers.

Oh the memories lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer cruising around on the harley (i know that sounds pervy :)). There's a long stretch of road leading from the countryside to the third city (name escapes me..) that goes along by the sea and it's cool to just ride down that with some music playing.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,156
    Forum Member
    San Andreas, man what a game. I loved the whole gang wars and claiming your territory, bit by bit.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    Vice city was my favourite by far. I loved the Scar face-esque storyline, the 80's soundtrack, the loud shirts and the beauty of the game play. I loved the bikes.
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    San Andreas, man what a game. I loved the whole gang wars and claiming your territory, bit by bit.

Snap! brilliant game but if you like me and enjoyed the gang side of it, Saints Row is awesome, i have been playing SR2 for ages and still love it, there are rival gangs on every corner and they always up for a fight.

Getting back to GTA, i had GTA and GTA london on my PC when i was a kid and loved them, they were top down but so much fun.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vice city was my favourite by far. I loved the Scar face-esque storyline, the 80's soundtrack, the loud shirts and the beauty of the game play. I loved the bikes.

Agreed.

I'll never forget the moment I first put the game on and the first car I got in had the intro to Billie Jean starting. It was awesome. I knew there and then the game was something to behold. I was off work and bed ridden for nearly 4 months due to a foot operation which meant I hammered the game non-stop. :D
  • 1ncognito1ncognito Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOURANGA! :D:D:D
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest shame about the Vice City soundtrack was that they'd used the songs from the actual Scarface soundtrack for GTA3.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always used to use the helicopters to get from A to B - so much quicker !

Me too. It was especially good in the mission where you had to rescue Lance from DIaz's men in the junkyard. Just fly down to where he was, shoot just a few of the many guys on the ground and then fly off with him!
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised it's over 3 years since GTA4s release and a sequel still has not been released (aside from the DLC). You'd think Rockstar would want to cash in and release a sequel.

Vice City was released only 12 months after GTA3. I would have thought a new GTA game would have been released by late 2010 at the latest.
  • InkyPinkyInkyPinky Posts: 4,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started playin GTA on P.C years ago when it was top down crazyness. By Gta 3 with it's rampant Yakuza and Columbians I thought a game couldnt get better, until Vice City came along, which was a gem in the series. You got to fly stuff! Lance Vance, what a guy :) That said GTA S.A did get better. I still play it now over GTA IV which was and is a visually stunning and polished bit of kit. But it does lack that bit of lunacy that made the others so much fun. More Lovefist and pastel shirts I say :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    What I'd like to see in the next game would be proper alternate storylines & multiple endings.
    That would be far more interesting & increase the replay value far more than playing daft (IMO) mini-games.