Options

Now That's What I Call Music TV to launch

Comments

• Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "We can officially announce that NOW Music TV will be launching 23/10/13 on Freesat channel 512 and Sky channel 378!"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151897095166624&set=a.10150131721201624.303421.17959311623&type=1

NOW replaces existing AATW/Universal owned music channel, Greatest Hits TV.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unbelievable the Virgin Media EPG is full???????????? Then ffs Virgin create some space. :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »
    A new 24 hour music channel is being launched by the makers of the NOW! series. Music videos of past and present will be shown with themed weekends.

The channel is launching on Sky, Virgin Media, Freesat & Freeview.

No details yet as to when it will be launched.

Thanks for getting Virgin & Freeview customers hopes up maybe next time wait for the official announcement before you say things that are wrong. :mad:
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We can officially announce that NOW Music TV will be launching 23/10/13 on Freesat channel 512 and Sky channel 378!"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151897095166624&set=a.10150131721201624.303421.17959311623&type=1

NOW replaces existing AATW/Universal owned music channel, Greatest Hits TV.

Deary me Nothing more than a re-brand I would imagine.
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Thanks for getting Virgin & Freeview customers hopes up maybe next time wait for the official announcement before you say things that are wrong. :mad:

Sorry I was slightly misinformed
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable the Virgin Media EPG is full???????????? Then ffs Virgin create some space. :mad::mad::mad:

it not full, if you have Virgin Media you can see its not, look at channel 344 to 398, seems pretty full to me.

Its because Virgin haven't agreed a new carriage deal.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it will interesting to see what the first video they broadcast is?

I remember, for Kerrang it was 'Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.'

For Smash Hits it was 'Baby One More Time' by Britney Spears.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    it not full, if you have Virgin Media you can see its not, look at channel 344 to 398, seems pretty full to me.

Its because Virgin haven't agreed a new carriage deal.

On the facebook comments Now replied that Virgin EPG is full I was quoting them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's possibly like the Sky EPG, there's still lots of empty numbers but the EPG is "full" as old boxes supposedly don't have enough memory to handle more channels.
  • Options
    zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the music channel doesn't cheapen the brand.. or is that just me?

I don't think the music channel will do that when their constant spin off CD's personally tarnish the brand for me. Before it use to be three CD's per year and maybe a spin off CD in the last 10 years but in the last two years alone there has been....

Now 30 Years
    Now Disco
    Now 80s Dance
    Now USA
    Now Thats What I Call A No 1
    Now Disney
    Now Disney Princess
    Now Running
    Now Britain
    Now Reggae
    Now 00s
    Now 90s Dance
    Now Christmas
    Now Chill
    Now Wedding
    Now Classical
    Now Love
    Now R&B

There's possibly others but for me that doesn't keep the brand special, I called that cheapening the brand. Now Thats What I Call A Cash In! :D
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good idea - I hope they do themed show based on the actual compilations. I'd like to see them play the whole tracklisting of every album, not skipping the forgotten songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the music channel will do that when their constant spin off CD's personally tarnish the brand for me. Before it use to be three CD's per year and maybe a spin off CD in the last 10 years but in the last two years alone there has been....

Now 30 Years
    Now Disco
    Now 80s Dance
    Now USA
    Now Disney
    Now Disney Princess
    Now Running
    Now Britain
    Now Reggae
    Now 00s
    Now 90s Dance
    Now Christmas
    Now Chill
    Now Wedding
    Now Classical
    Now Love
    Now R&B

There's possibly others but for me that doesn't keep the brand special, I called that cheapening the brand. Now Thats What I Call A Cash In! :D

Called being owned by a multi national music group who have no love for the brand except how much money it brings in, the music industry in general since when have they done it for the music lover, play our song pay us, play our video pay us etc.
  • Options
    livininadavelivininadave Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    I think this is a very good idea, except for the fact that it will encourage people to buy more of their albums/songs, etc, when we are in the middle of a recession
    what a ridiculous statement.
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member

Now 30 Years
    Now Disco
    Now 80s Dance
    Now USA
    Now Disney
    Now Disney Princess
    Now Running
    Now Britain
    Now Reggae
    Now 00s
    Now 90s Dance
    Now Christmas
    Now Chill
    Now Wedding
    Now Classical
    Now Love
    Now R&B

I couldn't agree more
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks lets see which have no place in life

Now 30 Years For youngsters a chance to get some classic hits before they were born etc.and remind us Now is 30
    Now Disco no excuse
    Now 80s Dance no excuse but under 30's at work love Heart Club Classics
    Now USA no excuse
    Now Thats What I Call A No 1 Celebrating 60 years of charts. think EMI did a 50 years of charts in 2002 so just using the Now Brand

Now Disney Disney using the Now Brand
    Now Disney Princess see above
    Now Running no excuse
    Now Britain Oh come on 2012 Jubilee pomp and circumstance oh yes...but maybe not realyy NOW more THEN
    Now Reggae Well EMI/Virgin did do Summer type stuff before. good for Barbeques
    Now 00s okay retro hits thing for teens - 21 year olds more THEN
    Now 90s Dance no excuse but Heart fans will love it
    Now Christmas Got 2012. the 2013 version is the same except they drop Frankie Goes to Hollywood for the Power of Love from the John Lewis advert and Bing Crosby/David Bowie for Mariah Carey...sticking with 2012 version. Think they have revamped Christmas album for about 25 years.

Now Chill no excuse
    Now Wedding think EMI/Virgin had a Love Album...or was it the Royal Wedding?
    Now Classical NOW or THEN?
    Now Love....now this is the chiild of the EMI/Virgin Love Album
    Now R&B no excuse

and I agree with you

So maybe we could have got rid of 7 at least
  • Options
    zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I'm saying is that its overkill on the Now brand when it use to be special and you look forward to the next one etc. Now it just feels like they are attaching anything to the Now name.

I agree a few of those stand out all their own like the 30 years one and No1's etc. But the ones like Chill/USA etc just seem out of place and looks like they will only sell a few more just because it has the word Now attached to them.

There was a Now Love collection and I do believe the Now Wedding collection came when William and Kate got married (but I could be wrong on that)
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's possibly like the Sky EPG, there's still lots of empty numbers but the EPG is "full" as old boxes supposedly don't have enough memory to handle more channels.

The legacy Virgin boxes can handle another 18 channels taking into account the 24 that were removed last year (BBC Olympics) and the 6 additional that have been added since those were removed.

It's corporate rubbish, virgin won't get channels it doesn't feel is value for money.

Sky however will fair well cause the channel is FTA, none of their money goes to this new channel, the new channel pays money to them for the EPG Slot.
    On the facebook comments Now replied that Virgin EPG is full I was quoting them.

I know bud, what it is is that Virgin won't cough up the cash as they don't feel it's worth it and good value for money, which personally I see fair.
  • Options
    Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the music channel doesn't cheapen the brand.. or is that just me?

Probably not, but I think they've overused it themselves.

Probably should call it "Now That's What I Call a Music Channel"
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to music channels that focused on decades

Now 80s tv would be a great channel. After all that was golden decade that would be remembered for a long time. I wonder if those behind absolute radio have thought of launching absolute 80s tv.
  • Options
    pepstarpepstar Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    I hope they make their schedule mirror the CDs they bring out, in other words the first twelve hours will have reaonable music and the second half of the day will have rubbish and music no one would consider buying in it's own right :p

My comment of the day! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The NOW That’s What I Call Music brand is extending its reach with a dedicated TV channel that will launch on October 23.

Titled Now Music, the channel will feature a Top 100 favourite videos from 30 years of NOW!, the results of a poll conducted across Now’s Facebook and Twitter.

On November 22, NOW Music will change emphasis and become NOW Christmas featuring seasonal hits until December 27 when it will revert back to NOW Music.

Aside from these special features, the channel's regular daytime programming will focus on current music, and evening and weekend shows will feature songs from the NOW brand's 30-year catalogue.

More: http://www.musicweek.com/news/read/now-that-s-what-i-call-music-to-launch-tv-channel/056334
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On November 22, NOW Music will change emphasis and become NOW Christmas featuring seasonal hits until December 27 when it will revert back to NOW Music.

Haha. Now this is going to be just like any other mainstream music channel out there - BORING !!
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a good feeling that this will be good with Simon Sadler on board. He used to work at the Emap channels when they were good in the early 00s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    I've got a good feeling that this will be good with Simon Sadler on board. He used to work at the Emap channels when they were good in the early 00s.

He's been running Clubland and sister channels for a while, and was behind the launch of Planet Pop a few months ago

http://www.thecmuwebsite.com/article/aatw-to-launch-new-pop-themed-tv-channel/