Options

How do I get the new Virgin Media Super Hub?

Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How do existing customers get the SuperHub 2ac?

This seems to say existing customers can buy the SuperHub 2ac?

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2779&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable

Please could somebody tell me how much Virgin Media charge existing customers to get the SuperHub 2ac?

It looks good:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/03/virgin-media-claim-new-1-3gbps-wifi-superhub-2ac-router-is-the-fastest.html

Comments on ISP Review website suggest the SuperHub 2ac is still a bit buggy? Is that accurate?

Many thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 2AC keeps dropping 5Ghz connections for me when lots of data is transfered, whether it is my wireless card or not I don't know. I am on a clear channel (tried lots of different ones) and it goes to 'limited or no connectivity' in Windows, I toggle wifi and it is connected again, this is a broadcom NIC with the latest drivers on an £1800 laptop that is 2 months old. It drops about twice an evening. I don't have another router to test, but it doesn't drop out when I use any other internet connection away from home or my phones wifi hotspot, only on the SuperHub AC.

They wanted £20 to upgrade me from the Superhub1 to the 2AC, but when I said as I never own it I'm unhappy paying, especially considering I already pay a monthly contract and the old one I had for a long time they reduced it to £10.
  • Options
    lightspeed2398lightspeed2398 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had loads of issues with the Superhub 1 after my free boost to 100mb. I had a couple before with a corporate VPN but I didn't mind that as much. I eventually caved in and bought a Belkin AC1800 as it was on amazon for £49 at the time. So much better than superhub 1. I get 70mbps on 2.4ghz on the other side of my house through 4 walls and I get pretty constant 108mbps on 5ghz. I would recommend looking at other routers if you don't want to upgrade to superhub2ac.
  • Options
    dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was lucky and about a year ago managed to get a superhub2 for nothing. You should phone retentions/cancellation department and see if they will help you. For me it was the useless wifi that I complained about. Now with the superhub2 I have much better signal. It is known that the superhub2 is far better for wifi so maybe you should go down that route.