Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
Forum Member
In case anyone's interested, Liz Earle has a special offer lasting until midnight tonight (Friday 08/05) where they are selling their Cleanse & Polish at 1995 prices, which is almost half the current price.

I've ordered a couple but I use it anyway.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes thanks I've had their email and have ordered some.

I go between Elemis and Liz Earle for all my skin care but I must say if my skin is in bad condition for any reason, Liz Earle sorts it out in a few days.

I remember years ago when I first started using Liz Earle, the skin repair was £10 for two pots :)
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    They had this offer about 2 years ago and I ordered some to see what everyone was raving about. I haven't used another cleanser since! It's absolutley amazing stuff! I used to get a breakout at least once a month but I can't remember the last time I had a spot. Boots have recently started selling it too so you can collect your points and have free delivery into my local store :)
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    People rave about this product but I have just never got on with it. I found it ok-ish but nothing amazing. I feel a bit left out! :D
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I love it, it's the best cleanser I've ever used. I just can't afford to get it every time. This one is a good alternative http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/Superdrug-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-With-Muslin-Cloth-150ml/p/516251?singleResultSearchPage=true#.VU1jBRWCOK0 It's often half price too.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    People rave about this product but I have just never got on with it. I found it ok-ish but nothing amazing. I feel a bit left out! :D

I remember using C&P when it first came out, it was very good then but then they changed the formula now it's just "meh" to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member

Exactly how I feel. Biggest let down was the moisturiser- again great reviews, but such a waste of money for me!
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    I remember using C&P when it first came out, it was very good then but then they changed the formula now it's just "meh" to me.

Yeah, the old formula was better so I usually only buy it when it's on offer.

The Superdrug ones are just as good imo.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    They had this offer about 2 years ago and I ordered some to see what everyone was raving about. I haven't used another cleanser since! It's absolutley amazing stuff! I used to get a breakout at least once a month but I can't remember the last time I had a spot. Boots have recently started selling it too so you can collect your points and have free delivery into my local store :)

I didn't know that! Thanks, I'll save on postage and buy it there now. :)
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I love it, it's the best cleanser I've ever used. I just can't afford to get it every time. This one is a good alternative http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/Superdrug-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-With-Muslin-Cloth-150ml/p/516251?singleResultSearchPage=true#.VU1jBRWCOK0 It's often half price too.

Me too, excellent product and as you have said, often half price. My skin feels fabulous since using this. Well worth a try.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    I like their Cleanser and although it's a bit of a faff, using the muslin cloth really makes my face feel clean and fresh.
    I've never really got on with their moisturisers though, I have older slightly dry skin and the ones they recommended to me were either not moisturising enough, or sat on my skin in an uncomfortable gloopy way.

After trying many, many cheaper and expensive brands over the years - I'm back with Simple face scrub/wash and Olay moisturiser
  • luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I tried it but I didn't like it much either. I find the smell unpleasant and overwhelmingly strong.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like this cleanser. I tend to alternate between C&P & Balance Me's Cleansing Balm, but I agree, since they swapped the Almond Milk for Cocoa Butter, it's nowhere near as good as it used to be.
    I do still like it though. I didn't go for the offer in the end because looking in my stash, I've got 400ml to get through.
  • MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz earle TSV on QVC today until midnight, fantastic value, and it includes 2 Cleanse and Polish, one normal one and the other is rose and lavender fragrance.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Exactly how I feel. Biggest let down was the moisturiser- again great reviews, but such a waste of money for me!

I tried it once and thought it wasn't anything special (the moisturiser gave me spots). I prefer using Bobbi Brown's Cleansing Oil and Toner.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    luckylila wrote: »
    I tried it but I didn't like it much either. I find the smell unpleasant and overwhelmingly strong.

Same here! Tried most products a few times & ended up throwing or giving them away.
    Overrated IMO - but whatever suits one's skin I guess.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,930
    Forum Member
    If you like Cleanse and Polish it's the June beauty pick of the month on QVC. £27 for 200ml with free P&P.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    If you like Cleanse and Polish it's the June beauty pick of the month on QVC. £27 for 200ml with free P&P.

Or on the Liz Earle website, they have the 3 limited edition scents (100ml each) in a tin for £35.00.
    Use code GHK20 for an extra 20% off.
    Just ordered one. You do pay postage, but you'll get a free 30ml as well as a freebie.
    £31.75 for 330ml of C & P.

I'm not sure if links are allowed on DS, so I haven't added one. Easy enough to find on the LE site though.