Options

i'm embarrassed for the show this year.

Space CadetSpace Cadet Posts: 363
Forum Member
After watching the build up of the guy at the end (club singer)- the sad ish story, the 10 minute feature gave you the impression it was going to put him through, he sang, was assasinated, 3 NOs.

Prior to that they put through some arse doing a dance like he'd shat himself.

Don't get me wrong the guy clearly isn't 'good enough' but why the hell do they lower the show by whisking through the untalented ones. Yeah, it's meant to be entertaining but we all know the majority go at bootcamp whereas the ones who at least gave it a good shot are sent home after their first audition.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that was setting up next year's storyline, you know.

"He had his heart broken last year when the judges said he wasn't good enough...(black and white slow motion footage of last year's audition plays with a sad Westlife song quietly on)...but he's back...."it's always been my dream...when the judges said no, I was broken hearted...but I've worked and worked...this is my dream..it's all I can do...".

New audition - does a lot better, gains a standing ovation from the crowd...camera focuses on Louis..."I thought that was terrific...you owned that stage" - Dannii - "I wasn't here last year, but I think these guys are losing it if they didn't put you through" (huge cheer from audience, while Louis and Simon turn round and look mock-hurt). Cheryl, blinking back tears: "As far as I'm concerned, you're already a star, pet". Camera zooms in on Simon...long pause..."Last year...you weren't good enough". Camera cuts to contestant...bottom lip wobbling..."this year....." Simon sighs, rolls his eyes....camera cuts back to contestant looking distraught...."you knocked it out of the park! You're going to boot camp!". Contestant's family run onto the stage, while You Raise Me Up plays at top volume. Simon grins his 'I've discovered a new popstar' smile, and puts his arm round Cheryl, while Louis and Dannii just look a bit uncomfortable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Tommy_tank wrote: »

"He had his heart broken last year when the judges said he wasn't good enough...(black and white slow motion footage of last year's audition plays with a sad Westlife song quietly on)...but he's back...."it's always been my dream...when the judges said no, I was broken hearted...but I've worked and worked...this is my dream..it's all I can do...".

New audition - does a lot better, gains a standing ovation from the crowd...camera focuses on Louis..."I thought that was terrific...you owned that stage" - Dannii - "I wasn't here last year, but I think these guys are losing it if they didn't put you through" (huge cheer from audience, while Louis and Simon turn round and look mock-hurt). Cheryl, blinking back tears: "As far as I'm concerned, you're already a star, pet". Camera zooms in on Simon...long pause..."Last year...you weren't good enough". Camera cuts to contestant...bottom lip wobbling..."this year....." Simon sighs, rolls his eyes....camera cuts back to contestant looking distraught...."you knocked it out of the park! You're going to boot camp!". Contestant's family run onto the stage, while You Raise Me Up plays at top volume. Simon grins his 'I've discovered a new popstar' smile, and puts his arm round Cheryl, while Louis and Dannii just look a bit uncomfortable.

Ha ha. You've hit the nail on the head!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were dead mean to the guy. It obviously meant a lot to him. The line they draw for who goes through and who doesn't is very wavy.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but he was'nt very good and sounded like a smoker as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was naff but agree a set up for next year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching the build up of the guy at the end (club singer)- the sad ish story, the 10 minute feature gave you the impression it was going to put him through, he sang, was assasinated, 3 NOs.

Prior to that they put through some arse doing a dance like he'd shat himself.

Don't get me wrong the guy clearly isn't 'good enough' but why the hell do they lower the show by whisking through the untalented ones. Yeah, it's meant to be entertaining but we all know the majority go at bootcamp whereas the ones who at least gave it a good shot are sent home after their first audition.

I wondered after about it though because it was perfectly set up.

Bloke : work has dried up with the recession. It is hard putting food on the table etc.

Cowell : (sympathetically) It's tough isn't it?

Cowell : You have one shot to prove you are a recording artist so think carefully. Don't play to the audience .

Bloke; looking pensive and thoughtful. Mm just one shot eh.
    I know I am going to have fun!

The second he uttered those words he was doomed.

In all honesty though the crowd were hardly moved to excitement by his performance which should have been a crowd pleaser.

Further to that. If I was a bookig agent for clubs etc I am not sure he would get a booking!

Sorry for him but not good enough. Cruel tv though.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching two nights this weekend, I am detrmined not to watch the show again.
    I get so annoyed when we see almost all of the crap so called singers yet the good ones around 30 seconds.
    It's all set up, from interviewing contestants who you just know are going to boot camp as well, all this stuff with their familes back stage is cringe worthy. Why do we have to see all this going on? Too much time is spent telling us what the judges are getting up to.
    Sorry, I've had enough.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You would do well as an X Factor scriptwriter : not sure there are any vacancies at present though :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member

Love It :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching two nights this weekend, I am detrmined not to watch the show again.
    I get so annoyed when we see almost all of the crap so called singers yet the good ones around 30 seconds.
    It's all set up, from interviewing contestants who you just know are going to boot camp as well, all this stuff with their familes back stage is cringe worthy. Why do we have to see all this going on? Too much time is spent telling us what the judges are getting up to.
    Sorry, I've had enough.

I have the same feeling at this point EVERY year.

Last year I vowed to only start watching at judges houses. Stupidly I haven't taken my own advice and am now feeling as disillusioned as always at this stage.

I am concerned about the "talent" though this year , more than any other and ultimately whether I persevere with this is now dependent on the Final 12 being any good.

My hopes aren't high.
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a very good year at all, in fact i think this is the worst since the awful year with alexandra burke in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched before but I think the selection process has picked out a few singers and the rest are there for entertainment value ...not for the television show ...but for the live theatre stuff which I understand starts a tour next year. The mix assures 'someone' for everyone in the demographics etc etc
  • Options
    GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

Well done, I literally lol'ed reading that.

In fairness though, this is nothing new. They have always turned away perfectly good singers for the dramatic effect it causes while letting through utter tards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is done purely to give Westlife and Snow Patrol more royalties.