Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sinbad8982 wrote: »
    2001 -7/10 Can see its massive influence, but kinda boring

It's one of my favourite films. I've never found it boring. If anything, I find that the brief action scenes jar slightly with the rest of the film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally saw the Hobbit: An Unexpexted Journey, and I really loved it!
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Watched Quartet tonight and loved it.

I wasn't expecting too much so was very pleasantly surprised.

Great performances all round but for me Pauline Collins shines just a little brighter than the others.

8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    17 Again 7/10 - Although I have seen these types of films before and I didn't think I was going to like it, I actually did find it entertaining!

I really liked the young actor in it, Zac Efron, who was really likeable in it. Not to mention pretty cute...

It was in complete contrast with the older version of the star character who was played by Matthew Perry. He came across as unlike-able and erm... more average looking. :D

Kick Ass 6/10 - It's entertaining enough I guess.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Country Strong

Released in 2011 starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Leighton Meester, Tim McGraw and Garrett Hedland.

I quite enjoyed this. :)
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,164
    Forum Member
    Gone with the Wind (1939) - 8/10
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    The Purge - 2/10

Whoever wrote the script needs shooting, as does whoever Hawke's agent was at the time. Utter s##t!
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Woman in Black ..9/10 ..creepy old fashioned bumps in the night Hammer Horror..i love Janets Macteers character as the unhinged Mrs Dailey she should have been in it much more ..talented actress !

Die Hard 1/2 both 10/10 ..forget White Christmas these are true great christmas movies
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Every bit as good as the first film if not better. The DoS is just rip-roaring fun with some of the best action set pieces of the Middle Earth series to date (barrel scene). Martin Freeman really comes into his own in the film as the company's burglar. Plus his scenes with Smaug are just great.

There are a few occasional missteps like the over-saturation of CGI in some scenes and a love triangle between certain characters. But it's mostly great fun and it's easily my favorite blockbuster of the year after Gravity.

8/10
  • Jonny BullockJonny Bullock Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Cloud Atlas on sky which I found boring to be honest so I watched Sleepless In Seattle which is one of my favourite movies ... if only real life was like that...

One of my favourite scenes is "that's a chick's movie"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coOYa4h98M4
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hanna - Was on ch4 last week, not bad, not great either.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scareface on iTV4 last night still to this day what a film it is, Pacinos best performance after The Godfather films.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Identity Thief...I know it hasn't had the best of reviews but I loved every minute of it 9/10
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

8/10 - Good as part 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jumpin' Jack Flash
    Forum Member
    Holiday Inn (1942) - 7.5/10
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy. Never seen this before, was enjoyable.

Kiss-Ass 2 - Not as good as the first one but still fun enough.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Sailor Beware 1956.

Fantastic old Brit film, loved it.

8/10
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Ahhh the joys of being sick, off work, curled up on the couch for a day or two.

Pacific Rim. 1/10
    Del Toro should have stayed in Europe where he made sublime character driven movies like Devils Backbone and Pans Labyrinth.

At times watching Pacific Rim I was certain it was a live action Team America type movie.

The nerds certainly have taken over the blockbuster landscape accepting vacuous CGI laden movies like this with bare boned, cliched driven characters to pad out until the eye candy parts arrive .

I can't believe this guff came from Del Toro.

Star Trek Into Darkness. 1/10

Another cliched mess of a movie. The whole CGI scifi/superhero genre is now nothing more than pre teen colouring in books for adults. All it needed was a chase level in a mine to tick all the boxes.

I'm done with these shitty CGI driven movies, surely the bubble is near to bursting...oh wait...Superman Vs Batman. Is there anything original left in this genre or is it all about seeing buildings collapse and robots in higher resolution and stuff the story.

World War Z. 4/10

Starts of pretty good, nice build up and is quite tense in its depiction but by the time the second act kicks in it all becomes an unbelievable mess. Rarely has a movie made me say in my head 'You just wouldn't do that' so many times than this movie.

A wasted premise.

Dark Zero Thirty. 8/10

I wasn't that blown away by The Hurt Locker but found Dark zero to be a much better movie. Wonderfully acted out and structured. It is telling that it takes a woman to bring a bit of humanity and balls back to the adult action genre. Whilst certain male directors are playing with computers and foregoing characterisation it is nice to see a movie based on fleshed out characters rather than toy robots and space heroes.

Marketa Lazarova. 10/10

Beautiful, grim and bleak.

Had to watch this movie to get the stink of Star Trek and Pacific Rim from my head.

http://youtu.be/8-KiYwNlKxc
    http://youtu.be/AxWa4tWSVoM

The Seventh Seal 10/10
    Nice Blu ray transfer of a classic movie
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Descendants [2011]. Director: Alexander Payne

7/10

Fairly typical Oscar-hype movie (it only won for best adapted screenplay). Someone dies, someone does a noble thing, family bonds are tested.
    Forum Member
    The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) - 7.5/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    Scareface on iTV4 last night still to this day what a film it is, Pacinos best performance after The Godfather films.

The scar was quite scary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superman - Man of Steel - 6/10 All CGI and plot holes which is overly long. Can't Hollywood return to good story telling?

Despicable 1 and 2 - 8/10 I have seen these before and they are still great!

Terminator 2 - 9/10 A great classic film.
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur Christmas. 7/10. Festive fun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riddick 6/10
This discussion has been closed.