15 year old heads off to Syria

Comments

• Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    iiHEARTy0u wrote: »
    Shes a child.

These comments are disgraceful.

A security threat? 'Oh well the parents wont see her again'.

They have just effectively lost their child. I feel for them.

i wonder how many innocent people she's intending to kill? maybe you should think about them instead :kitty:
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    She is fifteen years old and has been monumentally stupid but like it or not this country is her home and she should come back
    Her recent experiences may well have changed her outlook and her story could help dissuade others from being so foolish

It's forgiving attitudes like this that have gotten this country into such a mess in the first place. I hope she suffers greatly out there, along with all her evil, sub-human comrades.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,621
    Forum Member
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    i wonder how many innocent people she's intending to kill? maybe you should think about them instead :kitty:

Wonder what should happen to all those who wish ill on this girl Hatred breeds hatred
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Ahh yes, Easton. Shithole. Syria might be a slight improvement.

Well, farewell then.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God how much do I detest that garment and everything it stands for, even twenty years ago they were almost unheard off in this country. :(

The amount you see shows how many hardliners there are these days as only hardliners insist their ladie wear them, nowhere in the Quran does it instruct it only to dress modestly . The origins of the full covering are from the desert areas and even Westerners wore them and it was to protect from the sun , wind and sand not for religious reasons , so not really needed in the UK .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    It's forgiving attitudes like this that have gotten this country into such a mess in the first place. I hope she suffers greatly out there, along with all her evil, sub-human comrades.

And it is attitudes like yours which show that barbarians are still alive and flourishing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iiHEARTy0u wrote: »
    Shes a child.

These comments are disgraceful.

A security threat? 'Oh well the parents wont see her again'.

They have just effectively lost their child. I feel for them.

If she has gone to join a terror group then what else is she other than a terror threat, she is hardly sweet and innocent and no threat to anyone , she hasn't popped off on an 18-30 holiday, well she couldnl't she isn't old enough.

As for her parents , in one sense I feel for them in another they need to look to the family and see what they did to stop her becoming this way, it doesn't sound like a lot . They may have lost their vchild hopefully it might be a message to others about their kids , though sadly some will probably be proud of their joining this organisation ,

And as has been said how did she buy the ticket ? who sold it to her ? at 15 she is an unaccompanied minor so a few people have some answers to give on the travel industry side ( though many will let you fly at 15 bookings must be made in advance and notes taken) , unless she was provided with false indentity at his end ?
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder what should happen to all those who wish ill on this girl Hatred breeds hatred

Hatred breeds hatred, a fine and noble sentiment. Perhaps you could visit Raqqa in Syria and help explain this to the good old boys from the Islamic State there, I'm sure they would welcome hearing your views.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder what should happen to all those who wish ill on this girl Religious extremism breeds hatred

My edit makes more sense than your original quote.

edit - Allyourkitty made a better point than me, I suck at expressing myself :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    My edit makes more sense than your original quote.

Are you a religious extremist or do you have another reason for your hatred?
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Security threat? lol is it 2002 again and all the phoney threats about Saddam Hussein coming to get us.

Do the British public really believe all that stuff in the papers and the news? That's just soap opera and reasons to send the army off to fight in wars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hatred breeds hatred, a fine and noble sentiment. Perhaps you could visit Raqqa in Syria and help explain this to the good old boys from the Islamic State there, I'm sure they would welcome hearing your views.

My views would certainly be listened to more than the naked aggression and hatred displayed on this thread by so many
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    Security threat? lol is it 2002 again and all the phoney threats about Saddam Hussein coming to get us.

Do the British public really believe all that stuff in the papers and the news? That's just soap opera and reasons to send the army off to fight in wars.

So you think this is all a setup and it has not happened or do you feel a 15 year old who runs away to join a terrorist organsisation is not a security threat ? Would you be happy for your child to do that ?
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »

So of course the horrific deaths in Iraq are completely faked and it's all happy families, rainbows and bunny rabbits jumping over there.

I do agree that the Iraq war from 2003 was disastrous but it doesn't excuse the evil of ISIS.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Under Soul wrote: »
    From what I've heard most of the radicalisation takes place online - undoubtedly twitter has something to answer for - Anjem Choudhary's twitter preaches hate and then there are other very sinister accounts I found linked to his. I would imagine that the majority of the mosques aren't preaching this kind of hatred but of course a few of them are. I suppose the online messages are you can either be a fake Western loving Muslim leading a meaningless existence in Britain or live a life of glamour, Call of Duty style violence and purpose in Syria/Iraq.

I would agree that the people have to have some sort of religious indoctrination to fall for the really nasty stuff, although some people convert from atheist to Muslim to terrorist in a very short space of time. Basically we need people to deconstruct the religion and force it through some sort of reformation - the status quo of it being left alone can no longer exist.

Brace yourself for a rather convoluted metaphor....

Imagine if the UK was a devoutly christian society and a bunch of charismatic vicars popped up and started saying "Hey, I know all about god and I'm telling you that god wants everybody under 30 to juggle chainsaws while blindfolded".

People are probably not going to want to rock the boat by criticising those vicars at first but, once people start dying and losing limbs, there's surely going to come a point where all the right-thinking people in the country think "F**k this!" to themselves and start taking steps to ensure that the whole chainsaw-juggling obsession gets left behind.
    They're either going to insist those vicars get replaced by people who don't believe in the whole chainsaw-juggling thing or they're going to start boycotting their churches, picketing churches where chainsaw-juggling is advocated or they're going to leave religion behind entirely.

Seems, to me, that we should be getting to a similar situation with Islam in the UK.
    There are, if reports are to be believed, several thousand UK citizens currently in Syria and they've all left behind families and friends in the UK who, one would assume, must be utterly heartbroken to know they're over there.

Isn't it about time all those left behind started to voice their objections to the likes of Choudary?

As a rule, I'm not keen on the whole "what are muslims doing about it?" thing but it really does seem like there must be enough muslim families in the UK, now, who's lives have been torn apart as a result of extremism, that they could organise themselves into a vocal advocate group for moderation and an end to extremism.

If they actually have a will to do so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you a religious extremist or do you have another reason for your hatred?

No, I am agnostic. I do however hate evil scum who hack good peoples heads off and film it for no reason other than for their own glory. You have an issue with that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So of course the horrific deaths in Iraq are completely faked and it's all happy families, rainbows and bunny rabbits jumping over there.

I do agree that the Iraq war from 2003 was disastrous but it doesn't excuse the evil of ISIS.

You are right There is no excuse for he butchers of IS and I would shed no tears if all those murderers were laid dead in the sand but I cannot include a foolish fifteen year old girl in that number who so far has done nothing more than be extremely foolish
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it is attitudes like yours which show that barbarians are still alive and flourishing

Wow, you really are quite unbelievable >:(
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

As a rule, I'm not keen on the whole "what are muslims doing about it?" thing but it really does seem like there must be enough muslim families in the UK, now, who's lives have been torn apart as a result of extremism, that they could organise themselves into a vocal advocate group for moderation and an end to extremism.

If they actually have a will to do so.

Beautifully put - but sadly the families don't do it forcefully enough. I know a lot of people here despise Yasmin Alibhai-Brown but she said on twitter why don't more silent Muslims come out against ISIS as they are a threat to everything Muslims want.

There was that 'Not in my name' twitter campaign which was brilliant but that was quickly surpassed by a rival campaign implying that this campaign was weak and that Muslims shouldn't have to apologise for ISIS.. Although the 'Not in my Name' campaign wasn't an apology but a statement of condemnation.

Until more are speaking out then I don't see how there can be good relations between some Muslims and others (I exclude the Kurds who forcefully speak out).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    You are right There is no excuse for he butchers of IS and I would shed no tears if all those murderers were laid dead in the sand but I cannot include a foolish fifteen year old girl in that number who so far has done nothing more than be extremely foolish

You mean 'who so far has done nothing more than potentially travelled to Syria to join a proscribed terrorist organisation'?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There was that 'Not in my name' twitter campaign which was brilliant but that was quickly surpassed by a rival campaign implying that this campaign was weak and that Muslims shouldn't have to apologise for ISIS.. Although the 'Not in my Name' campaign wasn't an apology but a statement of condemnation.

Until more are speaking out then I don't see how there can be good relations between some Muslims and others (I exclude the Kurds who forcefully speak out).

I hope nobody thinks I'm referring to these incidents glibly but in the UK it usually only takes a handful of toddlers to lynch themselves on a blind-cord or get bitten by a particular breed of dog or, perhaps, one man to get shot by a police-man and before you know it you've got thousands of people on the streets, TV interviews, MPs getting lobbied, protests, boycotts and other direct action in protest against the thing in question until something gets done.

Just seems like, with all these people off in Syria, it's about time there was more of a movement toward genuine integration into UK culture and, in particular, a sustained, vocal condemnation of the people and rhetoric that endorse extremism.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is fifteen years old and has been monumentally stupid but like it or not this country is her home and she should come back
    Her recent experiences may well have changed her outlook and her story could help dissuade others from being so foolish

She has rejected her own country and chosen another extremely unpleasant one. She knows about the murder of hostages, the atrocities against civilians, the unspeakable treatment of women. And she chose to embrace all that willingly. She may, of course regret it; on the other hand, she may return to recruit others or even be a suicide bomber. I doubt she's worth the risk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I hope she's brought back to her family. Why on earth would she join a barbaric organisation like this? Who told her to join? Where did she get the money from to buy a plane ticket?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    She has rejected her own country and chosen another extremely unpleasant one. She knows about the murder of hostages, the atrocities against civilians, the unspeakable treatment of women. And she chose to embrace all that willingly. She may, of course regret it; on the other hand, she may return to recruit others or even be a suicide bomber. I doubt she's worth the risk.

I gotta say, I don't actually blame her for forming those opinions. 15 year olds tend to be both naive, gullible and headstrong in equal proportions.

The real issue is about how she, and thousands like her, managed to end up like that without anybody noticing or, seemingly, providing enough of an incentive to make these people think twice about their actions.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    for such a talented and brainy girl, she's dumber than a box of screws.

hope the yanks do their jobs and obliterate the place