Options

Simon's 'You'll be safe comments'

unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is Simon trying to influence the votes by telling Andrea, Ben AND Only The Young that he expects they'll be safe? Knowing that thinking someone is safe can cause voters to be complacent, is he hoping that people will get complacent and not vote for some of these? I know Ben is his own act but the song choice makes me think he wants him gone

Comments

• Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sound theory because he definitely doesn't say it for nothing....he makes a point of saying it .
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Is Simon trying to influence the votes by telling Andrea, Ben AND Only The Young that he expects they'll be safe? Knowing that thinking someone is safe can cause voters to be complacent, is he hoping that people will get complacent and not vote for some of these? I know Ben is his own act but the song choice makes me think he wants him gone

I actually think he's being truthful when he says it. Looking at the data over the years of voting, he tends to say to acts he likes but are doing badly in the voting 'I really hope the public get behind you' That's what he said to Only The Young tonight, of course, we all know what happened.

When he says to an act something along the lines of 'your safe tonight after that performance.' it's always (at least to my memory) resulted in the act getting through.

I remember Rhydian's year. After his last performance Simon obviously knew at this point he was not going to win, so he very cryptically, tried to tell him that. I can't remember what he said, but I always remember picking up on it, realising then he wasn't going to win.

That's just what I've observed...But you can never tell with Simon.
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reverse psychology... Lol...